PDA

View Full Version : arraigo social vs arraigo laboral!?

Unregistered
07-29-2011, 09:39 PM
what is the difference? ive been here in spain for more than 2 years now and i hear its easier to legalize my stay here if i would opt to arraigo laboral since it only require 2 years minimum stay in spain compare to arraigo social which requires 3 years... if i understand it correctly... my question is if im going to apply for arraigo laboral, would my employer have to pay fines or be charge by the law for hiring me illegally? i want to be legalized here as soon as possible but i dont want to get my employer to be in trouble... theý've been good to me and treated me as a family.... so what do you think would be the best option for me!? thanks for your help and more power....

Patricia
09-12-2011, 01:01 PM
what is the difference? ive been here in spain for more than 2 years now and i hear its easier to legalize my stay here if i would opt to arraigo laboral since it only require 2 years minimum stay in spain compare to arraigo social which requires 3 years... if i understand it correctly... my question is if im going to apply for arraigo laboral, would my employer have to pay fines or be charge by the law for hiring me illegally? i want to be legalized here as soon as possible but i dont want to get my employer to be in trouble... theý've been good to me and treated me as a family.... so what do you think would be the best option for me!? thanks for your help and more power....

Hello,

If you wish to apply for ‘arraigo laboral’, you must be able to prove that you have spent at least two years living in Spain, of which a minimum of 6 months must have been spent working salaried (illegally). In order to prove the work relation and its duration, the only option is that you report your employer to the authorities (the consequences can vary from a hefty fine to imprisonment). With your application you will have to submit the judicial resolution or the administrative resolution from the Social Security and Employment Inspection Office.

If you decide not to follow this route, another option would be to wait another year and apply for ‘arraigo social’.

Regards,