PDA

View Full Version : Illegal in Spain - lived here now for 3 years - how to become legal?

abdul
05-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi,

I came to spain in early 2008 and have lived here since. I have a clean record and have never been in trouble, either here, or in my home country of Pakistan. Someone told me to get proof of my clean record in my home country, which I have just received from the police there.

I have heard that after 3 years I can apply for a visa to become legal, is this true?

If so, what do I need to do and what are the costs of doing this? Also what would be the timeframe of this?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Patricia
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Hello Abdul,

Welcome to the belegal forum.

You can certainly apply for residency by settlement provided you have lived in Spain for the last three years and that you can prove through various documents and evidence that you have lived in Spain during that period. The certificate of empadronamiento ( town hall registration certificate) will be a key element. Also, please note that you will also need to provide with a job contract of a minimum duration of one year and a specific report issued by the town hall. The legal aid of a solicitor is very convenient in these situations in order to check that all the documentation is in order.

If you wish to know more about the procedure and legal assistance we can offer, please contact us through our website´s contact form.

Best Regards,

Unregistered
06-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the helpful information

Unregistered
08-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Dear Abdul

Have you gone thru the process scorpstayle@hotmail.com

Regard
Khalid

Hi,

I came to spain in early 2008 and have lived here since. I have a clean record and have never been in trouble, either here, or in my home country of Pakistan. Someone told me to get proof of my clean record in my home country, which I have just received from the police there.

I have heard that after 3 years I can apply for a visa to become legal, is this true?

If so, what do I need to do and what are the costs of doing this? Also what would be the timeframe of this?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.