PDA

View Full Version : Should I contact the police or the hotel manager in this violent situation.

Machy
04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Hello, I am on holiday and don´t know where else to post. I am going back home tomorrow and just wanted legal advice on this. Last night as I was entering a hotel with a friend quite early in the morning in Benidorm the night staff said I couldn´t go in. Another man who was with the night staff came and attempted to strike me violently, but only managed to lightly clip slap my face a few times. All of this was caught on camera and I was completely passive, until he followed me outside on his own with the other staff members trying to stop him and I said if he comes near me again I will strike him back.
I was wondering what I should do as I am going home soon. Contact the manager of the hotel and ask him to sort the situation (perhaps even offer me some sort of small monterary compensation) or should I contact the police without even mentioning it to them incase they mess around with the tapes recording the scene from the hotel lobby security cameras (i´m going home soon and this could become messy with no compensation)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Machy
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Also this man was being verbally sexually abuse and racist.

Patricia
04-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Hello Machy,

Welcome to the belegal forum.

I believe this information may reach you too late, as you may have already left the country, however, I will answer your query as it may be helpful anyway.

After reading your message I understand that you are describing an ofense of physical an verbal harassment. In this case, the usual procedure is to approach the closest police station without delay and report the facts. The police will carry out the corresponding proceedings, draw up the report to the courts and then a quick process will be initiated for minor misconduct.
Once the agressions have been proved through the legal means ( hotel cameras, etc ) and that the proceedings are carried out effectively in a short period of time, there could be a court trial and resolution in less than 3 weeks, however, if the police officer prolongs the proceedings not considering the case as urgent, the process could take a long time, even months.

Regards,