PDA

View Full Version : Borowski and Associados Bogus Law Firm

Unregistered
03-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Yep, I received a letter also from one also from "Borowski and Associados"
stating the exact as the previous list for this scammer.
Good try, but we don't have relatives in Spain!

Unregistered
03-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Add "Borowski & Associados" to the list.
Received a letter and was advised that some non-existant distant relative "died" and left an inheritance of US$5.5M to be split 10% to a charity and the balance shared between Borowski and me. Has a good website however there is no record of the company or the so called Principal who has ESQ. LLB & Barrister at Law after his name.

I'm in Australia and have received the "Borowski & Associados" crap as well.

Unregistered
03-16-2011, 02:13 AM
My family received a letter from "BOROWSKI AND ASSOCIADOS" stating a male with the same last name as us had died in a car crash with his wife and daughter leaving no next of kin. The letter stated we were entitled to 10,000,000 AUS dollars with 10% being dontated to charity and 90% divided between us.

After research i soon discovered it was a scam and decided to call "JON BOROWSKI" he could not tell me why a mobile number was left as a contact point (all mobile numbers start with +34 6) on a legal document and why the email address was different to the one stated on the real lawyers website. It was a minor difference but one i picked up on quite quickly. I also asked why the term "BARRISTER" WAS used as this is not a legal spanish term. He was dumb founded. He also couldnt speak spanish!!!

I was lucky to have investigated before making the same mistakes as others but some are not so lucky. I hope people read this and ask the same questions i did!

Unregistered
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
We received the same letter yesterday. Thank you, guys, for sharing your experience, it saved our time.

Unregistered
03-18-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm in Australia and have received the "Borowski & Associados" crap as well.

We too are from Australia and my father received the same crap as well.

Unregistered
03-19-2011, 03:25 PM
My family also recieved a letter that they had money left to them from a relative that has
the same last name.

Unregistered
03-22-2011, 02:51 AM
I just recieved a letter in the mail from 'John Borowski ESQ' stating that he was a personal attorney to a guy with the same last name as myself.

He went on to say that the purpose of the letter was to 'help me' secure funds left behind - and to avoid the money being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank - for the sum of $5,500,000 euros.

Appearantly the bank issued him a notice telling him to contact the next of kin or the funds would be declared unserviceable and diverted into the banks treasury. Appearantly 'so far all his efforts to get hold of someone related to the client have proved abortuive'. So he has contacted me...

Well if you look up my last name in the local directory there are alot more than just me plus my personal details are confidential which makes me wonder how this person got hold of them in the first place.

The other point at the bottom of the letter states that 10% of the funds would go to charity and the remaining 90% would get split up equally between me and this John Borowski guy! If this was lagit why would he then get nearly half of my inheritence?

The contact details were as follows...
Tel: 00 34 63 4080 299
Email: joborowski@ozu.es and documents1961@gmail.com
Address: Calle de Orgellana 18, 02600 Madrod, Spain

I checked out the phone number and there is no country code (let alone Spain) that has the code of 00. The 34 is the country code for spain but that is only listed after the 00. Another point is the email addresses. The fact that this 'company' has one of their email accounts with gmail is a red flag in iteself but the fact the other is a @ozu.es is a big sign its a scam. There have been a large number of scams that have been picked up by scamwatch from the exact same provider.

I called Scamwatch and appearantly they are inundated with calls regarding the exact same thing...

Unregistered
03-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Received a snail mail from the same source with a similar offer, so was pleased to be able to confirm it as a scam. Thanks.