PDA

View Full Version : What is the facade of a building

Unregistered
03-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Can you help me I live on a complex in los cristianos Tenerife can you explain to me the facade of the building, 70% of the complex has built something on the facade the president is not happy he wants to take people to court, there was a majority vote allowing him to do this in 2003 it was another President.
he has sent solicitors letters to 4 people saying they must remove what they have put on the facade in 3 days or legal action will be taken.
What I would like to know is he allowed to victamise 4 people.
I forgot to mention he has enclosed the terrace on his kitchen with glass but he doesn't think that is ilegal.

Patricia
03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Hello,

If the agreement to take legal action against any owner altering the facade or making illegal building works on it, was made in an AGM and the majority of owners voted it, the Community of Owners, represented by the President, is authorized to take legal action, unless the agreement had been contested within a month of its approval. However, if you think there is discrimination, any owner can defend their cases in court.

If the current President has done something you consider against the law, you can mention this in the next AGM so you can vote to take legal action against him/her so the illegal action is put back. You can also take the president of the community to court individually, though the full legal expenses are to be paid by you.

Best Regards,