PDA

View Full Version : My grandfather is Spanish. Do i have a right for Spanish citizenship?

Unregistered
10-26-2021, 06:11 PM
my grandfather is Spanish and soon i will turn 19 do i have a right foe Spanish citizenship ??

Patricia
10-28-2021, 02:00 PM
my grandfather is Spanish and soon i will turn 19 do i have a right foe Spanish citizenship ??

Hello,

If your grandfather is a Spanish national by origins that never lost the right to his nationality, you will be able to apply for the Spanish nationality by Residency after one year holding a resident status in Spain. This has no age limitation and is the easiest access to the Spanish nationality.

In order to apply for your Spanish Nationality by Option before your turn 21, your parent, child of a Spanish national, would have to obtain the Spanish nationality by origins, as their father is a Spanish national, so the ancestry line is not broken. Once you had proof of your parent´s Spanish nationality by origins, you´d also have the right to apply.

Please, feel free to contact us using the contact form if you wish to discuss further.

Unregistered
11-01-2021, 02:37 AM
thanks for your answer