PDA

View Full Version : Residence Permit

Unregistered
02-25-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope someone can help me please with my questions.

I am a non-EU citizen married to an EU citizen for almost 5 years now and we are living in Spain. I have a residence card on the basis of this marriage and t is up for renewal. What happens if I won’t be able to renew it on time due to unforeseen circumstances?

Also, I read on the Internet that one of the requirements for renewal is a legalised and authenticated OR apostilled marriage certificate issued no more than three months prior to renewal application. Is this applicable throughout Spain or for specific areas only?

Lastly, is changing the type of my permit from regimen comunitario to regimen general applicable in my case as I have been a resident for almost 5 years now? What are the benefits of regimen general as against regimen comunitario?

Thank you very much in advance.

Unregistered
02-26-2011, 10:50 PM
About the "Tarjeta de residencia permanente de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión" - who gets to have this type of residence card?

Thank you in advance.

Marta
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
This card gives all those non EU citizens who are family of a EU or EEA resident, the ability to reside in Spain on a permanent basis.
The card is obtained on the fifth year of residence and it and has a validity period of ten years.

Unregistered
03-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Gracias, Marta!

But if you have this card "Tarjeta de residencia permanente de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión", are you considered under regimen comunitario? Will it be better if you are under regimen general?

The way I understand it regimen comunitario means you are in Spain because of your ties with an EU national. And with regimen general, you are a legal resident by virtue of continuous stay in Spain. Is this correct? I hope I am making sense.

Marta
03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Hello,

Yes, this is correct. Holding this card means that you are under 'regimen comunitario'. I wouldn't say that one type of residency has advantages over the other, they are just different and depending on your personal circumstances you must have the correct one. What is true is that to begin with, it is easier to obtain residency in 'regimen comunitario' than under 'regimen general'.

Unregistered
03-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks Marta.

The reason I asked about regimen comuntario vs regimen general is that I am renewing my tarjeta de residencia de cuidadano and I need to show all documents again and actualizado like marriage certificate, etc. which aren't quick to get especially if you need to get them outside of the EU.

Now is it possible to change from regimen comunitario to regimen general if you have living in Spain continuously for five years?

Unregistered
03-23-2011, 02:16 PM
My case is same like that I m studying ur answers and awtg ur reply now pls guide us

The reason I asked about regimen comuntario vs regimen general is that I am renewing my tarjeta de residencia de cuidadano and I need to show all documents again and actualizado like marriage certificate, etc. which aren't quick to get especially if you need to get them outside of the EU.

Now is it possible to change from regimen comunitario to regimen general if you have living in Spain continuously for five years?[/QUOTE]

djw
03-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi.
In 2005 i got residencia familiar de la union, my wife is Portugeesa, now i want to renew it, but I have since divorced my wife. I have fijo job contract. Please tell me if I can still apply for my permenant residency card now I am divorced and what documents i need.
Thankyou

Marta
04-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Marta.

Now is it possible to change from regimen comunitario to regimen general if you have living in Spain continuously for five years?

Hi,

When renewing your 'tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Union' you will need to you show that your link to the EU citizen is still up to date. Therefore yes, you will need to present your marriage certificate, etc. I would only change to regimen general if your marital circumstances had changed.

Marta
04-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi.
In 2005 i got residencia familiar de la union, my wife is Portugeesa, now i want to renew it, but I have since divorced my wife. I have fijo job contract. Please tell me if I can still apply for my permenant residency card now I am divorced and what documents i need.
Thankyou

Hi,

In your circumstances you have up to six months to change from regimen comunitario to regimen general. You can apply for the permanent residency normally after five years, not before. There are certain exceptions to the rule. So do check with your lawyer whether you would fit into any of them.

Unregistered
04-23-2011, 04:47 PM
helo marta

Thanks for guidance to other chicos

My case is same like them but something are different.hope u will gude me also
My wife is Portugesa. in 2006 we married in swedon. regstd.our marriage in spain and got (tarjeta familar de la union). from 05 years Im working. Now I have fijo job contract.

About 02 or 03 years my wife is not in my contact. I donot know she is alive or dead.

Now i have to renew the card. in this situtation can i renew the card. if yes pls tell required docs. I have her old I.D. card our marriage certificate also.

I want to divorce her. can i divorce her alone in spain.
Thanks and awaiting.

shami
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
pls guide me as i explained my case in above ref No.11

Unregistered
04-30-2011, 03:16 PM
I m cristina national portugees. I registered myself in spain and got NIF no.They issued me NIF on a green paper. This paper has no expiry date. Is it a permanent card for me. or i have to apply again for renewal. (if apply after how much time). 2. My husband (non EU)having tarjeta familiar de la union is expiring now in 2011. which one documents are required for renewal his residecy. 3.Is there any need of my documents (origional or photocopy)pls tell in detail or i have to go at there with him.
Thanks

Unregistered
05-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi,

When renewing your 'tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Union' you will need to you show that your link to the EU citizen is still up to date. Therefore yes, you will need to present your marriage certificate, etc. I would only change to regimen general if your marital circumstances had changed.

Hi Marta, thank you. You have been most helpful in clarifying issues that I would not be able to get anywhere or from anyone!

I just applied for the renewal of the my residence permit and awaiting the resolution.

Thanks again and more power to you!

Unregistered
05-04-2011, 02:58 PM
helo marta

Thanks for guidance

AS i already told my whole case below pls tell me I need only fresh marriage book which shows we are not divorsed.
Or any documents more. pls study my case and guide me poperly.

My wife is Portugesa. in 2006 we married in swedon. regstd.our marriage in spain and got (tarjeta familar de la union). from 05 years Im working. Now I have fijo job contract.

About 02 or 03 years my wife is not in my contact. I donot know she is alive or dead.

Now i have to renew the card. in this situtation can i renew the card. if yes pls tell required docs. I have her old I.D. card our marriage certificate also.

Thanks and awaiting.

Marta
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I m cristina national portugees. I registered myself in spain and got NIF no.They issued me NIF on a green paper. This paper has no expiry date. Is it a permanent card for me. or i have to apply again for renewal. (if apply after how much time). 2. My husband (non EU)having tarjeta familiar de la union is expiring now in 2011. which one documents are required for renewal his residecy. 3.Is there any need of my documents (origional or photocopy)pls tell in detail or i have to go at there with him.
Thanks

Hi Cristina, you have obtained a 'certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Unión Europea'. Unlike its predecessor, the 'tarjeta de ciudadano comunitario', this document has no expiry date. It will last until you notify the Spanish authorities that you no longer wish to reside in Spain. With regards to the documentation required for your husband's permit renewal, please don't hesitate to contact our immigration department at Lawbird.

Marta
05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
helo marta

Thanks for guidance to other chicos

Thanks and awaiting.

Hi! Without your wife you will not be able to renew your ' tarjeta de familiar comunitario'. If you would like to initiate your divorce procedures, you can do so through an edict and an official publication. This way you can notify the lawsuit and obtain favorable ruling.

Unregistered
05-28-2011, 04:59 PM
helo marta my friend have tarjeta larga duracion now and want to change it withLARGA DURACION E.C.
Pls guide us for its requiements and where to apply and how much time required for to change it. thanks

Marta
07-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello,

If you are looking at possibly working in any EU country (with the exception of the UK, Ireland and Denmark - countries which did enter this agreement) it is in your interest to request your 'Tarjeta de Residencia Larga Duración- CE'. This card is requested at your nearest ' Oficina de Extranjeros' or 'Sudelegación de Gobierno'. Unlike the 'Tarjeta de Residencia Larga Duración', this card will enable you to reside and work in the mentioned EU members states indefinitely. In addition to this you will receive the same treatment as other EU nationals in most social and economic areas and also receive a higher protection against an EU expulsion.

When you attend your appointment make sure that you fulfill all the requirements and that you have the correct paperwork in order to prove this.

Unregistered
11-25-2011, 02:48 AM
helo marta

About 05 month before i hired a lawyer for divorce but I m not satisfy with lawyer due to his different statements in different times

My question is

1. From court or which office i can check status of my case now?
as per lawyer statement

2.The court also advertise in a newspaper to inform my wife for divorce from where i can get this news paper? Pls try to solve my problem awtg.

Because Lawyer is not giving me any documentry avidence only different statements.
Hope u will give me the solution pls.

Unregistered
11-25-2011, 03:09 AM
Hi! Without your wife you will not be able to renew your ' tarjeta de familiar comunitario'. If you would like to initiate your divorce procedures, you can do so through an edict and an official publication. This way you can notify the lawsuit and obtain favorable ruling.

Helo marta
As per ur advice about 05 month before i hired a lawyer for divorce but still i did not get any improvement by documentry in my case. so my question is

1. from where in court or any office i can check status of my divorce case.
as per lawyer said the court published in a news paper to inform ur wife for divorce
2. from where i can get this news paper
pls help me for to solve my problem. awtg

Unregistered
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Helo marta
As per ur advice about 05 month before i hired a lawyer for divorce but still i did not get any improvement by documentry in my case. so my question is

1. FROM WHERE IN COURT OR ANY OFFICE I CAN CHECK STATUS OF MY DIVORCE.
as per lawyer said the court published in a news paper to inform ur wife for divorce

Awaiting ur guidence pls

Unregistered
12-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Awaiting ur guidence pls

Helo marta

Awaiting ur guidance pls.

Unregistered
01-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello Mis MARTA

Awaiting ur guidance pls

SUBHEJAMAL
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
hi,
me and my husband has been living here in spain for more than 3 years.My son borned here in spain.now we have done all things required to submit our docs for arraigo social.problem is that now a days they make u wait for arraigo certificate for more than 3 months.it wasnt like this 3 months ago.they used to give you that arraigo certificate in 15 to 20 days and we prepared our docs according to that.now when my husband recieved his certificate his character certificate has expired.does he have to get new one and will have to do all stuff again??plzzzz help we called them everyday that our cerificate gonna expire but all they told us to wait.now what to do???

Patricia
03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Hello Subhejamal,

I recommend you to get a fresh certificate at the earliest just before the appointment at the Immigration office. Sometimes, in lack of a valid certificate, the immigration office can issue a document request note that allows about 10 days to provide with a fresh certificate. Some other times, they will just refuse to process the file for that reason and request you to prepare it again from the beginning.

The best thing is to explain them what has happened and they will let you know if it is possible for them to issue the documentation request note. Unfortunately, there is no way to speed things up in those matters.

Regards,

SUBHEJAMAL
03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
thanks a lot patricia,yes we have got the paper requestiing to issue one in ten days.hoping that things go well.just one thing i want to ask,we have to submit a contrato de trabajo also with other docs.two are already rejected by ministry.what are the requirements for a contrato de trabajo for arraigo,which is acceptable by the authority??'

Patricia
03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Hello Subhejamal,

The most important requirement in relation to the work contract is that it has a duration of at least one year. I would need to see a copy of the contract to determine if it is valid and correctly filled out.

Please fee free to email me on Patricia at Lawbird.com if you wish to discuss your case in detail.

Best Regards,

Unregistered
01-12-2016, 04:34 PM
hello, im jean can anyone please help me, im a filipino and my father petition me in spain and i acquired a regimen comunitario familiar cuidadano de la union.. my regimen comunitario will expired on april 2016. and the last time i was in spain is june 2013.. i stayed in the philippines from june 2013 up to now... its 2 years and 7 months..my question is, is it posible for me to go back to spain? or do i need to process anything?what will i do?

Unregistered
05-26-2017, 01:23 PM
I am an non-Eu-citizen married to an Eu citizen and we are living in Spain. I have residence card on the basis of this marriage.
I want to know can we visit UK together? I have Tarjeta de familiar de ciudadano de la unión considered under regimen comunitario. Can I travel with these card to uk with my wife or am I need visa ?
Thank you

Patricia
05-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Hello

You can check here (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y)whether you need a visa to enter the UK.

Regards