PDA

View Full Version : Where do I stand....Employment & accomadation rights

Unregistered
02-14-2011, 12:23 AM
We are a couple who have been VERY nieve. We have been employeed since 2008 for an English couple here in Spain, we are employyed as a gardener and a cleaner for their 15acre estate. There are 25 properties, one of which we were allocated as our accomodation included in our salary package. We were given a gross figure of salary which we were undwer the immpression at the time would be less approx half of the salary in lieu of our rent for the apartment. We both had good well paid jobs in the UK but decided to sacrifice that for the prospect of a new way of life. We did not push for a contract for either the house or the job and we trusted these people. They are ery sucsessful business people and are also minor celebrities. We have just been told that they wish to terminate the employment for reasons far too detailed to embelish. Basically we have no money and 4 dogs and have lived here for nearly 2.5 years in Spain, they have no ligitamate reason for our dismissal, we were told on Friday last that they would prefer if we left next Friday (more details can be obtained and provided)..... I have 2.5 years of email correspondence to and from them and our wages have been paid into our Spanish bank account that they requested for in their local bank. We have tried to register here in the local village as residents but our employeers refused to provide us with the documentation required to do this. They have also verbally instructed us to carry out many illegal acts which should be kept hush, hush...... We have since made calculations from the initial salary offer and realised that we have been deducted approx 1443 GB Pounds for a 97m2 2 bed apartment for the last 29 months and in this time our combined salary has been equivilant to 1057 GB Pounds a month....exchange rate equiilante to Sept 2008....Where do we stand in Spanish law? or please advise ....with hope.....I await....

Unregistered
02-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Sorry 5 properties not 25......slip of the finger!