PDA

View Full Version : Legit check (scamwatch) for Litigation Services S.L.

mjt49
03-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Has anybody got experience of dealing with Litigation Services SL?

According to its website, litigationservices. es, it claims to have a team of lawyers, but quotes details of only one:

"JLC Legal Services, University of Granada Spain", Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Malaga 6956.

According to abogacia .es, Malaga 6956 belongs to Jose Lara Cabello, dating from 20Feb2008. Senor Cabello appears to have no active web profile, nor an explicit mention on any website that would ordinarily list him to drum up trade. (At least, none that I can google from a UK IP address.)

The company form, SL, does not appear compatible with the requirement for profesional in the name (section 7 of uk. practicallaw. thomsonreuters. com )

What further evidence should I seek to be sure that Litigation Services S.L. might be a bona fide business, or even a bona fide agent of a lawyer, and not some con-trick?

Patricia
04-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Hello

JLC Legal Services is not a registered company, but Mr. Jose Lara Cabello is an active lawyer, registered with Bar Association number 6956, and who has a link with a firm in the Malaga province: Lara Abogados.

Possibly, his name is being used for a fake company but he has no connections at all with JLC.

Regards,

Lupin3
10-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Hi,

last year I have got contacted by Kate Master of Delta Litigation (Litigation Services SL) claiming I could get approx 20k back from a property bought in the UK 10 years ago from Instant Access Properties.

I paid approximately £1300, for translation services and courts proceeding paid via credit card and Klik & Pay in September 2017. I was told I would receive compensation within 9-10 months. It is now over 12 months and nothing has happened. They sounded very genuine, asked me to go to the Spanish embassy to get a power of attorney signed etc.

There is always someone answering their phone and emails and very promptly. They are telling me that some further investigations are taking place and hence the delay but something is not adding up...

I have received a call from them again (twice in fact over the past year). The first time I told them, thinking it was a genuine mistake. The second time I didn't and they told me the same exact story as if they weren't dealing with me at all. Last but not least, the voice of the person, now introducing herself as Katy McDonald sounded really the same as Kate Masters and when I said that to her, the line mysteriously went dead. I called back the number for Delta Litigation and someone informed me that Katy McDonald had "just finished for the day"...

I still harbor a small hope that they are real but the more I read online the less hope I have...

I wouldn't pay them any money should this happen to me again.

If I ever get the claim I will post on this site again.

Has anybody got experience of dealing with Litigation Services SL?

According to its website, litigationservices. es, it claims to have a team of lawyers, but quotes details of only one:

"JLC Legal Services, University of Granada Spain", Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Malaga 6956.

According to abogacia .es, Malaga 6956 belongs to Jose Lara Cabello, dating from 20Feb2008. Senor Cabello appears to have no active web profile, nor an explicit mention on any website that would ordinarily list him to drum up trade. (At least, none that I can google from a UK IP address.)

The company form, SL, does not appear compatible with the requirement for profesional in the name (section 7 of uk. practicallaw. thomsonreuters. com )

What further evidence should I seek to be sure that Litigation Services S.L. might be a bona fide business, or even a bona fide agent of a lawyer, and not some con-trick?

TwoF
10-30-2018, 01:15 PM
I have been approached by litigation services SL offering to claim back a deposit for an apartment in Bulgaria they approached me Girl called Caroline Clark I have not paid any money yet can anyone advise me. Thanks

Unregistered
11-07-2018, 04:28 PM
I have been contacted and have just sent them all my documents from Instant Access as well regarding 4 x properties i Brought through them. Litigation services are claiming that they can retrieve compensation for course fees, platinum membership, intro fees and rental guarantees. Sounds to good to be true ...No?

ifv
11-10-2018, 01:58 PM
These "law firms" that contact you out of the blue promising to recover funds lost to companies such as Instant Access Properties should be avoided by all means. These newcomers share the same modus operandi (and in many cases, address and/or company directors) as other now defunct "law firms" who took money from consumers for years and then disappeared.

You can find more information on the following post:

Who wants to claim through the court with Litigation Services? (https://mindtimeshare.me/2014/08/12/who-wants-to-claim-through-the-court-with-litigation-services/)

Unregistered
01-11-2019, 12:41 PM
I was contacted by Caroline Clark just before Christmas on behalf of Litigation Services. I sent the relevant documents and of course I have a strong claim and will receive £66,000 pounds back for a property deposit in Florida from 2005.

Was rather excited to say the least but having found this site I will obviously not be parting with £1400 they want upfront to proceed

Unregistered
02-16-2019, 02:41 AM
I too have been contacted by Caroline Clark about a similar experience having sent back documentation I too had a strong case.
Having read these posts I will also not be sending the €1200 they want up front!

Unregistered
03-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Funny.......there is no such thing as a free lunch!!! It seems that the catch is to ask the claimant to part with TRANSLATION COSTS....I like to hear from anyone who has actually got some money back.

Unregistered
04-24-2019, 02:16 PM
Be careful folks, have been contacted by a company called Platinum services & administration SL, who have the exact same website from design to wording. Literally word for word the same as Litigation services bar the address.

Unregistered
06-25-2019, 03:43 PM
I was contacted by Rebecca Lawrence from Litigation Services about a claim against Instant Access. After eventually emailing them documents they say we have a claim for £47K but want 1557€ for translation & court fees.
The latest reply came from Platinum Services & Administration, so obviously the same company. When I asked about their success, Rebecca told me they have so far won 2 cases. Very suspicious.

Unregistered
06-26-2019, 04:46 PM
Hi All, I to have been contacted at first by Litigation Services S.L and then when I finally acted the company had changed it name to the one above. I have sent evidence that I lost money to Instant Access and have been told that I have a very strong case and could win back my £59k that I had lost, of course that would be great, however, I need to pay upfront £1400 for translation, and other things blah blah and was told that I had to do this as I was not paying them but other companies, the email from Rebecca Lawrence said that the lawyers said that they never take on cases which they think they wont win, so I dont understand why they wont pay it themselves if they are that confident! I wont be sending the money. Beware people.

Unregistered
07-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Platinum Services in Administration S.L. are advising that this entire thread is made up, can anyone confirm?

Tommo
09-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Catriona Hannington from Platinum Administration Services SL is still at it. Had a cold call after she found my name ‘on the list’. Was taken in at first by her educated manner, her knowledge of the numbers (supplied by you guys) and her sympathetic, understanding approach. I googled her name and company after to find this thread. After several missed follow up calls from her, I emailed her the following message: “The reviews I have found are all negative and recommend avoid taking this any further. I will therefore have a lawyer with me when I call you and will record the conversation. Is that OK with you?”
Nothing.

Unregistered
09-07-2019, 10:09 AM
I received a cold call from Andrea Jones from platinum services and administration.....dream homes worldwide are apparently under investigation and their assets have been frozen.....Andrea said she got my details from dream homes worldwide...I sent all documentation and was told I had a case but needed to get them translated into Spanish...1600 euros .....I said I would get them translated myself to be told they need to be translated by a court approved translator! I expressed my concerns about the process being fraudulent but Andrea reassured me they are legit! With 60k riding on this of course I want to believe it all but at the same time I just don’t...I have booked an appointment to go out to Spain and was told that the lawyer will give me a call a week prior to the appointment to give me directions.....any advice anyone please? The appointment is for the 11th September 2019

ifv
09-09-2019, 10:59 AM
For further information regarding this company, and several others mentioned in this thread, I suggest that you visit https://insidetimeshare.com/tag/litigation-services-sl/ .

The company director is Daniel Calle (https://www.infoempresa.com/es-es/es/directivo/calle-guden-daniel--ernesto), who is linked to other bogus law firms which have taken money from people in the past but have delivered nothing, vanishing into thin air after a couple of years of operation.

I recommend that you stay well away from this company.

Unregistered
10-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Hi All, I to have been contacted at first by Litigation Services S.L and then when I finally acted the company had changed it name to the one above. I have sent evidence that I lost money to Instant Access and have been told that I have a very strong case and could win back my £59k that I had lost, of course that would be great, however, I need to pay upfront £1400 for translation, and other things blah blah and was told that I had to do this as I was not paying them but other companies, the email from Rebecca Lawrence said that the lawyers said that they never take on cases which they think they wont win, so I dont understand why they wont pay it themselves if they are that confident! I wont be sending the money. Beware people.

I too have been contacted by Shelia Hampton from PSAA who sounded so plausible about getting money back from EZE Group but for an upfront payment of £1248.77 for translation and notary services. Having read these posts I have been well warned and thank you all. Regards. Iain

Unregistered
10-14-2019, 01:31 PM
I have been contacted by platinum services saying they can claim back our £14,675 from club class and Tenlanz vacations, but after reading the reviews on this company ,I think I will give it a miss. We have been caught out with these type of bogus companies twice before. It has cost us so far another £4000 ,with nothing in return,So I always check them out before parting with any money. We have decided to cut our loses and call it a day !

Unregistered
09-29-2020, 09:00 AM
Just thought I would add - after 2 years we finally did get some money. However the court awarded £30K and with COSTS we actually received only £6K - now this is better than nothing I agree but I am now in the process of trying to find out exactly what those £23K costs were.
I will keep you updated.
Be very careful and read the small print - I personally think we only got money because I was like a dog with a bone chasing them up very very regularly .

Unregistered
10-03-2020, 08:19 AM
Ditto on the above questions and answers by myself having been called upon by Litigation Services; SA.
Having been scammed by ABC Legal out of £4K to terminate my US timeshare contract, I discover the final paperwork is bogus and useless.
This Spanish company state they can get my £4K plus damages back.

Has anybody heard the name of Mark Rowe?

DEBBIE . L
07-04-2021, 11:47 AM
SCAM/ SCAM...!!! My father has had dealings with Litigation Services, promising to retrieve monies paid to EZE GROUP. This company is linked to INCONEL ADMINISTRATION. It is also linked to people claiming to be from the ROYAL BANK OF GREECE. This is also linked to ( OR PEOPLE CLAIMING TO WORK FOR MINISTRY OF FINANCE, in GREECE.. These companies are working together. Sadly my father has paid alot of money to these THIEVES..!!! PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF THESE COMPANIES. We have invoices and paperwork from them all, which i will be sending to the Police in MALAGA. Check out ALL Phone numbers AND Addresses on any letters, SEARCH in GOOGLE SEARCH. These are FAKE ... Sorry if you have been fooles also. :(

DEBBIE . L
07-06-2021, 11:20 AM
Ask the company you purchased the timeshare from, to buy it back from you. We have just done this, We are actually getting money instead of paying it out. Try it, BEFORE involving solicitors.

Unregistered
09-03-2021, 05:11 PM
I too have been approached by Litigation Services who say that they can get me £27,500 back from the sale of my shares in Club Class Concierge, but they want me to pay approx. £2800 up front for legal fees etc. I think it is a Scam and I am giving them Nothing

daveagerallen
11-17-2022, 01:26 PM
I am in the process of taking action against a company called EEC via Platinum Services and Administration S.L.
It is a fraud case and we have just got a Power of Attorney to take our case to court. A Mr Edward Lewis phoned us this morning and gave us a choice of having a dedicated prosecutor or a duty prosecutor acting for us. We would have to pay £5922 for the dedicated one but nothing for the duty one. If we go for the duty one it could take a minimum of 4 years but the other would take approx. 2 months.
Can anyone please give advice on this company

Dave Allen

ifv
11-17-2022, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a scam to me.

This company has already been featured on Mindtimeshare. Please check https://mindtimeshare.me/2019/05/09/platinum-services-and-administration-cold-callers-with-the-old-story-about-compensation-claims/ .

Unregistered
02-10-2023, 02:30 PM
I am in the process of taking action against a company called EEC via Platinum Services and Administration S.L.
It is a fraud case and we have just got a Power of Attorney to take our case to court. A Mr Edward Lewis phoned us this morning and gave us a choice of having a dedicated prosecutor or a duty prosecutor acting for us. We would have to pay £5922 for the dedicated one but nothing for the duty one. If we go for the duty one it could take a minimum of 4 years but the other would take approx. 2 months.
Can anyone please give advice on this company

Dave Allen

Hi Dave
Did you take it any further as I have spoken to Edward Lewis in the last few days who is asking for a similar amount for a dedicated prosecutor. i am now very dubious about this company. If you have any further information please can you update this.
Thanks you Wendy Robinson

emmerdale
02-23-2023, 02:19 PM
Unsolicited telephone call yesterday 22nd Feb'23, from an Amber Sinclair of Litigation Services stating we had been awarded 12,500 Euros by a court in Spain regarding our dealings with Monster Rewards Group et al. Very persuasive, said Litigation Services SL were one of nine solicitors appointed by the Court in Malaga to contact all those awarded compensation and facilitate payment. Amber then confirmed the email address she had was correct and promised me an email the same day. If I hadn't received it by end of the day I should email at an address she supplied.
Received email from litigationservices.es same day, covering email apparently sent by Gemma Jones, Administration. Attachments as word documents titled; Lawyers Details litigation.doc; LIT INFO mysurname.doc; PROFORMA my surname.doc; Sample contract.docx. All looking very convincing with this footnote on every page:-

Litigation Services S.L.
Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E-mail:xxxxxxxxxxxxx wxw.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Calle Coronel Ripollet 6, Edificio Santos Rein 3a, 29640 Fuengirola, Málaga, Spain
(does not receive post)
Administration Office: Litigation Services S.L. Calle Lope de Vega nº60 29631,
Arroyo de la Miel, Málaga, Spain
Company Registration no: B93268936
I was suspicious from the start as we have been plagued with unsolicited calls regarding our Timeshare ownership and our dealings with Monster Group. Since we had already given statements to UK Police and been made aware case against Monster Group personnel in UK Courts proceeding slowly, I suspected a scam.
I searched 'Litigation Services' online and among others came up with this site which confirmed my suspicions.
Amber Sinclair rang me this morning and I merely said, "Lets not waste each others time, I'm not interested" and hung up.