PDA

View Full Version : Some help please - bank loan default/arrears

Unregistered
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Hello

I am a UK resident and passport holder. I lived in Spain several years ago. At the time, I had an unsecured bank loan with a Spanish bank which i initially maintained and paid. However, when i returned to the UK I became unemployed and, regretfully, was unable to make my monthly payments to the Spanish bank. I am not proud of this but i just do not have the income. In time, when I have the means I intend to bring my account into line if i can. Meantime, the bank have not pursued me for several years. I have just found out that a friend in Spain has passed away and I would like to attend the funeral if possible. However, given that I will have to provide my passport number/details to book a flight - the bank hold my passport details obviously - is there a chance I could be apprehended by immigration/police for extensive arrears and non-payment of bank loan if I attempt to enter/leave Spain? If so, what are the potential consequences? Apologies if this seems trivial but any guidance would be appreciated.

Concerned,
London

Patricia
02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Hello,

No, there is no chance that the immigration authorities apprehend you at the airport. The only problem you could find in Spain due to that situation is that you are denied credits, loans or your bank blocks your bank account. The Police is not involved in matters related to unpaid mortgages.

Regards,

Unregistered
02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Hello,

No, there is no chance that the immigration authorities apprehend you at the airport. The only problem you could find in Spain due to that situation is that you are denied credits, loans or your bank blocks your bank account. The Police is not involved in matters related to unpaid mortgages.

Regards,

thank you so much for the reply, very helpful