PDA

View Full Version : dont give us deposit

Unregistered
01-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello!!
We have a major problem with our ex-landlord!!
We give them 4 week notice we are moving away and left house clean.
i clean the house 3-4 days and it was clean!!
He came the house check after 3 weeks later -
He says we broke and destroyed house. We leaved house discus ting and broken.
But when we come together with our ex landlord, we saw the house was in big mess-but we did not was house since that day when tenancy agreement was finish!!
So that’s mean some one have a spear key and he made the house mess-
He was rude to us and don’t let to finish our sentence –he sad we don’t get a deposit.
So I have a question- what we have a writes to get our deposit back and proof we did not destroyed the house!!

lawbird
01-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I am afraid that, if he is unwilling to return your deposit voluntarily, and if you have not used an escrow service, then the only way to recover your deposit is through the Courts. However, without any proof of how you left the property, your chances at being successful are reduced and the costs of the whole procedure might outweigh the benefits of such an action.

Its never a bad idea to instruct a lawyer at the time of returning the property back to your landlord. He would have drafted a document stating the landlord's conformity with the property and obtained evidence to prove your compliance (which would have been favourable should you need to reclaim this at Court).

I understand the current situation must be very frustrating and wish you the best in recovering these monies owed to you,