PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Ban

Unregistered
01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I will be opening bars in Spain,named Smokey Joe's.These bars will not be 'selling' liquor but liquor will be readily available.There will be an entrance fee to cover this.
Smoking in the bars will be mandatory..........only smokers will be allowed entrance and one will need to show cigarettes at the door before entry is permitted.
The bars will operate as if they were a home and naturally,the smoking ban does not effect homes.
Can you please confirm that this is not breaking any Spanish laws.

Unregistered
01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
what a great idea, you could even leave a few big knives around in case people want to kill themselves in less time with much less pain?

Unregistered
01-12-2011, 05:47 AM
what a great idea, you could even leave a few big knives around in case people want to kill themselves in less time with much less pain?

Good idea,thank you.I will save one of the big knives to use when we meet!

Unregistered
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
yes, with your disregard for others well being, that wouldn't suprise me?

Unregistered
01-12-2011, 01:44 PM
You don't seem to understand.Smokey Joe's is only open to smokers.........non smokers are not allowed entry so you are in no danger.
If people want to smoke,they should be allowed to do so..........all I am doing is helping them.
There is more danger to the public today from traffic fumes.........this has been proven......would you suggest nobody goes outdoors or,if they do,wear a mask?

lawbird
01-12-2011, 07:08 PM
The new ban on smoking is the most restrictive version of all the alternatives to the Law that were being discussed throughout the preceding months.

Smoking is now forbidden in almost all public places, including any kind of bars, restaurants or similar. If your intention is to create a Smoker's Club (an alternative that is contemplated under the new Law), the club must be a non-profit organization, available only to members and not to the general public, without employees, where no food, drinks or any other services are sold, and incorporated not as a company but merely as an association. Obviously children must be refused entry as well.

It is quite harsh, but I am afraid this is the Law from now on.

Unregistered
01-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks lawbird but that's not how it will work.
All the premises will effectively operate as normal homes.People can come in if they want to and if I want them to(smokers only).Alcohol,soft drinks and food will be available but not sold as such.This will be covered by the entrance fee.
Basically,it will be little different to holding a house party every day.I can allow entry to anyone I want to,drinks and food will be served to my 'guests' and smoking is not against the law in these circumstances.
As far as employees are concerned,if a home owner employs a cook or servant,it clearly is not against the law for the home owners and any guests,to smoke.
I look forward to hearing your further views on this.

lawbird
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Unless you are being extremely altruistic and offering these "freebies" at absolutely no-gain, it sounds to me that the intention behind your project is to make a profit. You are trying to circumvent the Law and it does not matter if you call your clients your "guests" and your bar a "houseparty".

Smokers clubs can only be non-profit organizations from now on. You can charge a fee to members but only to cover the costs of the up and running. Furthermore, the members may also have rights (depends how the club is set up).

Any deviation from the above, could carry with it a fine or other legal consequences.

Strangers are not friends, employees are not friends, and therefore if you would ever have any problems with any of your guests or ex-employees, they could report you, or even sue you. With your venture being at the verge of legality, they will have it easy.

Unregistered
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
for heavens sake Joe, do yourself (and everyone else you encourage to get cancer) a favour, forget this foul idea, stop kidding yourself, give up fags, get yourself fit and get a life while you still have the chance!

beaudoin
01-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Well it seems like an innovative idea to me. All smokers gathered at one place !!!
It will not break any laws I think but its better you first consult the experts and get an advice from them.