PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

Lawbird Lawyer
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
This is the discussion thread for the article Timeshare resellers: Be careful! (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/timeshare-reselling-scam)

--

Six britons arrested for Costa del Sol timeshare scam

By h.b. - Feb 2, 2009 - 12:28 AM

The six, a manager and five telesales operators have not been named.

National Police from Málaga have arrested six British people in Fuengirola for defrauding other Britons in the fraudulent resale of timeshare property in the province of Málaga.

The manager and five telesales operators offered timeshares on the Costa del Sol for one or several weeks across many years, for large amounts of money. It seems the same timeshare rights were resold to different buyers several times, according to a statement from the main police station in Málaga.

The case started after a complaint from a British person about a company based in Alhaur*n el Grande.

The company used several different names and closed down, only to reopen in Fuengirola.

The six arrested will appear in court shortly.

Source: Typically Spanish (http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_19863.shtml)

john smith
10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
i have just had a fone call 4 actually from international global services a false name probably jessica hill .who after selling my tshare for an unbelievable price for me she say she wants a security deposit of 1300 euros returnable after the deal is done ha ha beware international global services another dodgy timeshare resale company .

Brenda Perth 27/10/09
10-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Received phone call from IGS offering to sell my timeshare. Within a few days buyer was found offering to pay well over my asking price, but I had to pay 1300 Euros surity before the transaction could be completed. Would be refunded on receipt of deeds. Told them to take cost from the payment for timeshare but " according to Spanish Law this was not possible". You can probably guess I told her NO Way. I'm a tightfisted scot, after all!

Lawbird Lawyer
10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Dear Madam,

We wrote an article almost a decade ago on this scam:

Timeshare resellers: Be careful! (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/timeshare-reselling-scam) - 23rd August 2001

It's impressive how this scam just goes on and on from one decade onto the next.

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt

idiot
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
i too have been caught out and paid money to sell the timeshare and nothing has come about yet!! i now have contact with molina valero for tax that should have been paid in first year should i pay this or not? do advise me as it all seems genuine or is it i cant afford to loose £3500

Lawbird Lawyer
11-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Dear Sir or Madam,

Molina Valero is a scam, yes.

You have a thread on them here:

http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810

Unregistered
11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
new resale scam office openning on the costa it has 80 lines and will have two shifts the company name is COMPANY LAW it has been set up Del and Tracey Rainbow how many more times are they going to get a way with it

cbs enquirer
12-03-2009, 01:10 AM
I have just had a very tempting offer of a very good price for my timeshare from International Global Services. Usual story of a buyer already interested. But this time they insist that there is no up front payment at all. I will receive the full payment before sending off the deeds by courier. Sounds too good to be true. Any advice or similar experience?

Unregistered
12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Take it with a pinch of salt. ..There will be a catch somewere. Ask yourself were do they get these so called buyers from ?

Naive Mike
01-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Hello,
I got scammed by Property Transfers S.L. around 10 years ago and lost ca. £600. My anger still burns and I would love to get even with Mr. Richard White or whoever they are.
Regards
Mike

GKB
01-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Beware, another company called Odyssey Group Consultants based in Majorca is claiming quick sales at V. High resale values, contact name of Jessica Hill, suggested that they found a buyer prepared to pay serious money (circa £20K), but needed £1250 up front which would be refunded following transfer of ownership documents. Very persistant, even said that the buyer was still on holiday and would come into the office, Mr Ward however was not very convincing. Treat as if the plague!

Peter Guntrip
01-19-2010, 10:02 PM
oes anyone have information on the Odyssey Group who resale timeshare. if so I would appreciate hearing about them good or bad?

Gordon Caddy
01-20-2010, 01:31 AM
I have been contacted by Daniel Thompson of Odyssey Consultants today offering to buy my timeshare.He is supposed to contact me on Friday with an offer.I know he will require a refundable deposit.

mary daisy
01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
i, also had an offer from Odyssey consultants. presume it is a scam?

Raymond Scott
01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Odyssey contacted me this evening. Offered me an extremely high value for my Diamond Points and wanted a decision immediately and £1250 instantly. Said they had clients sat waiting. I said I was not prepared to make an instant decision. They then backtracked and said their client could come back into the office same time tomorrow before their flight home. Do not trust them. Facts are the same - based in spain, want money upfront, not offering me any proof they are genuine, resorting back to the old trick of protected by the consumer credit act. Do not trust. Will not be giving my details to them.

Carlos
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
We got a phone call from a company named "Viajeria y Turismo", allegedly being based in Marbella, Spain. They speak German, and their "representative" appears to be from Austria.
They wanted us to sell our timeshare for an absolutely astronomic prize. However, they wanted a deposit of Euro 2300 to be paid if a potential buyer would be found at the time when the buyer has transferred the selling prize on a account in Marbella. The argued that this deposit would only cover any costs arising if the seller or buyer would withdraw during the selling process.
After all, they sent us a first draft of a selling contract, already with a buyer who appeared to have signed the selling contract, together with a photocopy of a receipt of a bank in Marbella, suggesting that the selling prize would already have been payed by the client. At this point, they got nasty and wanted the deposit to be paid immediately.

However, we then found out that the "client" (a person living in Aberdeen, Scotland) did not exist under the address depicted on the contract. Also, we could not find a company named "Viajeria y Turismo" on the internet.

I decided to called this timeshare reseling company, and the representative was rather annoyed when I confronted her with what I had found out. They said everything would be ok, and, as a "proof", referred me to to their website shown on the contract. However, when contacting that company via the "contact" link on the site, it turned out that the website belonged to another company (a online Travel Agency (www.viajeria.com)) that does no timeshare reselling, nor does this company have anything to do with Marbella). This "reselling company" simply abused the website of a correctly operating travel agency to confuse possible victims.

Yvonne Fredriksson
01-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Tack.!
Vi har också blivit kontaktade av Mi Viaje (www.viajeria.com). De hade en "köpare" som vill köpa våra semesterveckor i Travel Safe Holidays, för 22.500 euro, dock ville de ha en deposition på 3.708 euro!!
Vi va nära att "gå på" detta, men då jag nu har läst på er sida om den stora bluffen så hoppar vi av Vänliga hälsningar från Yvonne

Unregistered
01-22-2010, 11:57 PM
My mother, who is 83, and in poor health has also been contacted by Odyssey Consultants. She does want to dispose of one of her weeks as she is no longer well enough to travel. She said to them "if you have a buyer for my apartment what number is it"?, and of course they didn't know. They wanted her to put about £1200 up front fortunately she's no fool and realised it was a con. I was conned by a company called club class holidays over 10 years ago, with a resale scam to the tune of £4,500. I did exactly as requested sending my certificate off on the due date. They even wrote and told me I was entitled to the money but I never received a penny. I then got conned by a company who promissed to get my money back. Key Properties Town advisory, They conned me out of £1200.They didn't get me a penny and kept asking for more for solicitors fee's, I didn't inherit my mother's brains. I let it happen to me twice.

John Pearce
01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Just had a call from amey potts of odyssey consultants majorca saying they have sold my 2 weeks timeshare for £7600-00 but yes you have guessed it they want debit or credit card details to hold and take £760-00 from the account immediately to secure the deal which will be refunded on completion. How gullable are these people that believe that people pass this information on after just receiving a telephone out of the blue. Someone outhere will get caught big time be aware.

Unregistered
02-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Beware, another company called Odyssey Group Consultants based in Majorca is claiming quick sales at V. High resale values, contact name of Jessica Hill, suggested that they found a buyer prepared to pay serious money (circa £20K), but needed £1250 up front which would be refunded following transfer of ownership documents. Very persistant, even said that the buyer was still on holiday and would come into the office, Mr Ward however was not very convincing. Treat as if the plague!

I have just been contacted by Patrick (with an Irish accent) from Odyssey Consultants wanting to sell my timeshare. I told him that someone was at the door and if he gave me his telephone number then I would phone back. This number is 0808 1293889. I then told him that I was registered with the TPS and had no intention of selling my timeshare - I then hung up. Lo and behold two minutes later he was on the phone again saying that he hadn't given me a reference number and that the telephone number that he had supplied was wrong. He said "who's the fool now?". I hung up again. The given telephone has an automated (in English) response saying 'not available'. My barge pole protects me!

Rowing
02-09-2010, 10:21 PM
It's IGS again now in Majorca, who say they have a customer for our t/share and what figure would we accept. They come back an hour later with an offer nearly twice our figure, customer with them, finance waiting, but please lodge refundable£1250 deposit against us not completing contract. Persistantly rang but told them no way, I wasn't born yesterday.

Unregistered
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I sold my timeshare through Odyssey and found them great! Yes, I had to provide a provision but as soon as I'd sent them my deeds (after receiving the money for the t/s I might add!) it was put back on my card! I've already recommended them to friends of mine who are also looking to sell! Good business all around!

Mrs E Harris
Doncaster

ifv
02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah, sure.

"Mrs E Harris", have you not thought of getting yourself a legal job? What are you going to tell your grandchildren when you grow old, that you made a living out of ripping elderly people off out of their life savings?

If there's a Hell below, it is surely meant for people like you.

Unregistered
02-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Mrs Harris, how long have you worked for Odyssey or should it be International Global Services!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
02-16-2010, 03:35 AM
I have just been contacted by Patrick (with an Irish accent) from Odyssey Consultants wanting to sell my timeshare. I told him that someone was at the door and if he gave me his telephone number then I would phone back. This number is 0808 1293889. I then told him that I was registered with the TPS and had no intention of selling my timeshare - I then hung up. Lo and behold two minutes later he was on the phone again saying that he hadn't given me a reference number and that the telephone number that he had supplied was wrong. He said "who's the fool now?". I hung up again. The given telephone has an automated (in English) response saying 'not available'. My barge pole protects me!
The number you want is 08081293879 and it is also the number given out for Avant. According to posts on other warning sites on some calls they are in Mallorca and others they give an address in Andorra bur miraculously with the same phone number. Also the same names seem to appear with International Global Services.
DON'T TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE.

Unregistered
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
The number you want is 08081293879 and it is also the number given out for Avant. According to posts on other warning sites on some calls they are in Mallorca and others they give an address in Andorra bur miraculously with the same phone number. Also the same names seem to appear with International Global Services.
DON'T TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE.

I was contacted by Patrick and then Julie and then Amey, they said they had a buyer for my timeshare and needed 1200 up front as a retainer. I consulted my credit card company and they told me it was okay retainers are asked for all the time. They now have my money, they sent me a contract and authorisation invoice I signed contract but did not sign authorisation invoice for 1200. They ring me regularly requesting written authorisation for credit card payment as they claim they have a buyer and cannot proceed until they receive it. The retail dispute dept of my credit card company told me whether I sign it or not they have my money and the contract is for 9 months so they cannot challenge them until after 9 months.
What I don't understand is, they have my money so I don't know why they keep ringing to sign authorisation form. The contract is not worth an awful lot of money about the same as we paid for the timeshare 18years ago. If it is a scam why have they not just taken my money and run???

Lawbird Lawyer
03-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I was contacted by Patrick and then Julie and then Amey, they said they had a buyer for my timeshare and needed 1200 up front as a retainer. I consulted my credit card company and they told me it was okay retainers are asked for all the time. They now have my money, they sent me a contract and authorisation invoice I signed contract but did not sign authorisation invoice for 1200. They ring me regularly requesting written authorisation for credit card payment as they claim they have a buyer and cannot proceed until they receive it. The retail dispute dept of my credit card company told me whether I sign it or not they have my money and the contract is for 9 months so they cannot challenge them until after 9 months.

What I don't understand is, they have my money so I don't know why they keep ringing to sign authorisation form. The contract is not worth an awful lot of money about the same as we paid for the timeshare 18years ago. If it is a scam why have they not just taken my money and run???

You can be sure it's a scam.

Legitimate timeshare resale companies DO NOT ask for retainer fees.

They are paid off from the sales' proceeds.

As a general rule anyone cold-calling you out-of-the-blue with a potential "buyer" for your timeshare is a scam if any or all the following apply:

1. They request money for "admin" fees
2. They request a "retainer" fee
3. They request money to "secure" the deal
4. They request money to "translate" the documents

etc.

Remember, these con artists are top salesman, they are smooth talkers and will woo you out of you money very convincingly; after all they make a living out of it.

Excerpt from UK's Timeshare Consumers Association (TCA):

http://www.timeshare.org.uk/rescon.html

Timeshare Resale Scam

Most scams start with the BIG LIE

In the Resale Scam the BIG LIE is "Your timeshare is worth X thousand pounds" when in reality it is probably worth only a fraction of that.

Most timeshare weeks/points are worthless in the open market and ALL Holiday Club memberships (http://www.timeshare.org.uk/holicon.html) are totally worthless,

This scam has already netted the crooks over £500M - don't be another of their victims . The TCA have an (unpublished) "blacklist" of over 1,690 of these crooks - you have been warned !

1. It usually starts with a "cold call" by someone claiming to be able to sell your week - or even claiming to have already sold your week. The amount you will receive, they say, is usually a hundred times more than the true market value of your week (although you may not know this! - talk to any of our recommended resale brokers (http://www.timeshare.org.uk/affils.html) to find out the true market price )

2. OR it may be an advertisement in a newspaper or magazine inviting timeshare owners to register their weeks for sale.

3. OR it they may be offering you a chance to buy RCI points cheaply.

4. OR they may invite you to their offices "to complete" the sale of your timeshare

5. They may claim to be resellers or real estate agents. They may claim that they are registered in the UK. In truth, they are fraudsters.

6. OR they may claim to be setting up a compensation claim in the courts, inviting you to join, for a fee.

7. To give themselves credibility they may say that they are a registered company and invite you to check with the Spanish Companies House. Or they may invite you to talk to their lawyers. Or they claim membership of a "trade" organisation - which is no guide to safe dealing with a resale broker. The telephone numbers they give you to check will be mobile numbers, answered by one of their colleagues in the sales office!

8. They may also send, by fax or post, a “contract” which appears to have the name and a signature of a “buyer”. This contract is a fabrication . But even good solicitors have been taken in by them.

9. Then they will say that they need you to pay them money – amounts ranging from £300 to £3,000. The reasons for this payment are all totally fictitious – advance legal fees; a Spanish legal requirement; a “security bond”; registration of the deeds etc. etc. None are true.

OR, they may invite you to visit them, in the UK, Tenerife or Spain, to collect the money from the buyer. You go to their offices expecting to return with ££££££ in your pocket – but actually return ££££££ the poorer, perhaps with membership of some bogus holiday club and a piece of paper promising enormous sums to be paid to you in 3 or 5 years time. A "Cash Back" promise that is certainly worthless.

OR, they may tell you that they are lawyers and that, as a victim of an earlier fraud, you will get back the money you paid (and even some of the money that the fraudsters had promised from the sale of your timeshare). All you have to do is pay £££££. The caller may well be the same person who defrauded you the first time.

OR, they may claim to be a bank holding the purchasers money on your behalf. All you have to do is send the "bank" some money. Again, the caller is probably from the same gang as previously.

OR, they may claim that you need to "upgrade" your ownership to achieve a sale. Pay £1,000 to the fraudsters for the upgrade and - nothing! (an Asian version of the the scam)

OR they may persuade you to "trade in" your timeshare for membership of a holiday club. Not only are holiday clubs bad news but you find that your timeshare is NOT transferred out of your name leaving you with the annual fees to pay on two membership. This is the well known "buy/sell" scam.

They may pretend to be calling from the UK or the US - even giving a relevant telephone number - but are mostly calling from Spain or the Canaries using a call transfer or an international mobile number. But some ARE calling from the UK and they are just as dangerous as those calling from Spain etc.

These companies are acting fraudulently. They are VERY convincing and VERY persistent,

TCA advice:

NEVER send any money to any company on the promise of selling your timeshare - whatever reason they might give you for paying. and certainly do not give them your credit/debit card number.

NEVER send an ownership certificate, or even a copy of one.

Check the true market value by talking to any of our recommended resellers (http://www.timeshare.org.uk/affils.html)- then you will know if the price quoted by the fraudster is reasonable or not.

If you have already given your credit card number:

Do NOT sign any written agreement that you are sent.

Write to the reseller (Recorded Delivery) confirming that you contracted on a date (of the ‘phone call) for them to sell your week at a given price in a given time period (both as per ‘phone call) and that you paid by credit card and you now look forward to receiving the payment of the proceeds of sale within the time period.

Totally ignore any further correspondence or ‘phone calls from the fraudster.

When the time period has expired write to the reseller demanding payment of the promised amount in not more than 10 days from the date of your letter.

If they fail to pay, make a claim on your credit card company under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act on the basis that you have been defrauded out of £xxx (some resellers conveniently forget to tell you that there was VAT on top of the payment!) OR issue a claim in the County Court - if the fraudster is based in England or Wales - for all your money back on the grounds of breach of contract.

See Details of how to make a claim. (http://www.timeshare.org.uk/cancel.html)

If you paid by means other than a credit card

Then you have no chance of recovering any money.

Finally

Please report the matter to the Office of Fair Trading Details are here (http://www.oft.gov.uk/).

Yours sincerely,
Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt

Unregistered
03-04-2010, 09:21 PM
You can be sure it's a scam.

Legitimate timeshare resale companies DO NOT ask for retainer fees.

They are paid off from the sales' proceeds.

As a general rule anyone cold-calling you out-of-the-blue with a potential "buyer" for your timeshare is a scam if any or all the following apply:

1. They request money for "admin" fees
2. They request a "retainer" fee
3. They request money to "secure" the deal
4. They request money to "translate" the documents

etc.

Remember, these con artists are top salesman, they are smooth talkers and will woo you out of you money very convincingly; after all they make a living out of it.

Excerpt from the Timeshare Organisation (TCA):

http://www.timeshare.org.uk/rescon.html

Yours sincerely,

Amey just rang to say she will go ahead and process sale of time share will let you know if it is a scam she said it will take approx 5 days to contact buyer and recieve the rest of the deposit.

Unregistered
03-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Well it has been a lot more than 5 days and I'm very interested to know if they came up with the "goods" for you.

For your sake I hope so, but I certainly won't hold my breath.

I don't know how these people sleep at night!!!!!!

Unregistered
03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Has anyone out there had any luck with Odyssey? They are the biggest scammers going. They are the same people as Global reservation Services and Avant.
I've been called by all of them, same caller twice but from a different company. Do they think we are all bloody stupid!!!!!!

Lawbird Lawyer
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Has anyone out there had any luck with Odyssey? They are the biggest scammers going. They are the same people as Global reservation Services and Avant.
I've been called by all of them, same caller twice but from a different company. Do they think we are all bloody stupid!!!!!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

There's already a thread on them:

Odyssey Consultants (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976)
William

Yours sincerely,

Unregistered
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, sure.

"Mrs E Harris", have you not thought of getting yourself a legal job? What are you going to tell your grandchildren when you grow old, that you made a living out of ripping elderly people off out of their life savings?

If there's a Hell below, it is surely meant for people like you.

I do think that people are very miss understood, 3 of my friends sold there time/share trough this company as well. no problems,, But all said, not every one is successful, Not every one can be happy Mr ifv Administrator! I think people also don't believe in heaven and hell. there is no such chuff. and no mater what you say .. at all..You just don't have to listen to admin staff who don't no what there talking about. they no nothing about time share at all. so they have no say at all what so ever. its more like a, Buss driver trying to explain a doctors operation him self. or a Admin staff pretending to know about time share I mean you are a JOKE MR AVF get a life and a REAL JOB!

ifv
04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I do think that people are very miss understood, 3 of my friends sold there time/share trough this company as well. no problems,, But all said, not every one is successful, Not every one can be happy Mr ifv Administrator! I think people also don't believe in heaven and hell. there is no such chuff. and no mater what you say .. at all..You just don't have to listen to admin staff who don't no what there talking about. they no nothing about time share at all. so they have no say at all what so ever. its more like a, Buss driver trying to explain a doctors operation him self. or a Admin staff pretending to know about time share I mean you are a JOKE MR AVF get a life and a REAL JOB!

You are not going to sound too convincing in front of your victims if you don't polish a bit your English. Maybe it's you who should get a real job, and perhaps go back to school, see if you can learn how to write proper English, and hopefully acquire some ethics while doing so.

Believe me, I've been in this business long enough (http://marbella-lawyers.com/TimeshareScam.html) to know who is a fraudster and who is legitimate. I'm afraid you fall in the first category, Mr Odyssey.

Unregistered
04-10-2010, 01:54 AM
I can tell you absolutely first hand that Odyssey is a scam, as is Global Reservation Services, International Global Services, Avant, Prestige Marketing Solutions and Finally Sold. They are all the same company. I have done a lot of research and the names and phone numbers are all the same. I also have first hand experience with every company on the list. Look on the Timeshare Talk forum and see just how many people have been ripped off by them all. These b******s are living the good life by exploiting you good people. Please listen and whenever someone rings you with a "tempting" offer just hang up the phone. There is no such thing as a free lunch!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Well it has been a lot more than 5 days and I'm very interested to know if they came up with the "goods" for you.

For your sake I hope so, but I certainly won't hold my breath.

I don't know how these people sleep at night!!!!!!

I am one of those STUPID people, paid the retainer as they said a deposit had been paid for my timeshare which wasn't very much to start with. Despite numerous phone calls to Odyssey I have still no money, they now tell me when I rang them that the sale had fallen through and they have given the sale of my timeshare to another company.
I will now have to write to them demanding my money back I am a working mum and cannot afford to lose £1350. How would they like a member of their family to be scammed in this way? I think I will get MUG tatooed on my forehead, can anyone assist me with the best way to go about retrieving my hard earned money which I now pay interest on to my credit card company.

I feel so stupid I've lost a lot of sleep over this debt.

Unregistered
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
just to let you know they are still at it, my mum recieved a phone call yesterday from a irish or scottish accented lady (if i can call her that) by the name of faye, stating that they had a buyer lined up for her timeshare and they needed a retainer fee of 1350 to secure the transfer. My mum stated she didnt have that sort of money here and now and Faye kindly dropped the price to 950. My mum said she would see what she could do, Faye rang her back a hour later asking agian for the money, My mum once again said sorry not got any, Faye then asked Mum to get a credit card or miss out on the deal, My mum said she wasnt interested and Faye hung up.

Unregistered
04-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Please don't call yourself stupid. These people are very good at what they do, deceiving people!!!

Of course she would hang up on you, you didn't give her her commission for the day!!! Poor soul my heart bleeds. They want stringing up the lot of them!!!

Have you contacted your Credit Card company? Tell them you have been a victim of fraud and want to do a charge back on your card.

Report them to anyone who will listen and try to get these scum off the streets.

Was it Odyssey in Mallorca you paid the money to? I have their address if it was, report them to the Spanish National Police, Paseo mallorca, Palma de Mallorca, Baleares, Spain.

Odyssey Consultants,
Calle Marques de la Senia 35
Palma de Mallorca
Baleares
Spain.

Best of luck and keep posting. I'll do what I can on here to help.

HRB YORKS SAYS
04-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Thank you one and all for the warning about Odessey. I received a telephone call from Amey tonight, wanting to buy my time share weeks that ran out seven years ago, for £3750. After a conversation about her grandmother, she then asked me for £1750, on my credit card, I said I would like to think about this, she then stepped up the pressure, which made alarm bells ring. I am seventy year old , but I still have life in me.How can they do this to people, but Amey you only get out of life what you put in remember that Amey. PS she is ringing me tomorrow night for my decision I cant wait. She gave me her direct no 08451085556 if I had any problems, is she kidding.

HRB YORKS SAYS
04-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Guess what, received a call as promised from Kate this time, asking me if I had been in touch with my credit card co, when I said yes she asked me if I wanted to proceed. I said no way after reading all about the scam on the internet. She denied that this was a different company, I gave her a few choice words. Hence she said she was not going any further with the deal. I said she was lying, and she said I would be apologising to her. Later I got some legal advice and they warned me, not to ever give credit card details to anyone, unless I know them and this definately looked like a scam.

Unregistered
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Well done HRB, glad to hear you sent them off with a flea in their ear. Don't ever part with card details to any of these lying scumbags.

Unregistered
04-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Please don't call yourself stupid. These people are very good at what they do, deceiving people!!!

Of course she would hang up on you, you didn't give her her commission for the day!!! Poor soul my heart bleeds. They want stringing up the lot of them!!!

Have you contacted your Credit Card company? Tell them you have been a victim of fraud and want to do a charge back on your card.

Report them to anyone who will listen and try to get these scum off the streets.

Was it Odyssey in Mallorca you paid the money to? I have their address if it was, report them to the Spanish National Police, Paseo mallorca, Palma de Mallorca, Baleares, Spain.

Odyssey Consultants,
Calle Marques de la Senia 35
Palma de Mallorca
Baleares
Spain.

Best of luck and keep posting. I'll do what I can on here to help.
Yes it was ODYSSEY in Mallorca. Global rang on behalf of ODYSSEY to say they could sell my timeshare to a co. for additional weeks if I paid them a sum of money then it would be easier for them to sell the additional weeks and earn me more money, getting confused? I know I am, I told them I had no more money and that I did not consider asking me for more money was 'selling my apartment' it seems they have 9 months to sell my apartment my credit card co. can do nothing at the the moment I just have to wait and see what develops.

Unregistered
05-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Unfortunately your credit card company won't do anything until your 12 month contract is up unless you cancel within 7 days. They have these things all wrapped up tight so people don't understand what is going on.
These people are the scum of the earth. They know how desperate people are to sell and prey on them. Just keep at the credit card company till you get your money back.

AI99
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Most recent calls as of today - Stating company name - AVG Marketing (apparently, heh, they don't appear on the internet as they are a part of Mastercard, they stated - yes, a marketing company that doesn't like publicity?) - Caller name Jenny Harris - Number 08451085556 (same as Oddessy?) offering double the value of a timeshare with the buyers in the office ready to go. "Could you just pay this amount first and then we'll pay you the full sum"

Don't be greedy - if they offer you double what they can pay anywhere else, ask yourself why. And yes, again targetting elderly timeshare owners.

Someone with a legal mind could presumably track down the owners of that number from BT and take some sort of action if anyone has been defrauded through them?

jane l
05-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Been stupid and got conned by Realescape in 2008 - stabbed for 1200 euros. Unable to claim back from my credit card company under Consumer Act -as I signed a contract - so MBNA tell me its my fault.
Don't know how these people can sleep at night - be aware of anyone phoning you to purchase- they are all the same.
Anyone know how I can legally get rid of my timeshare @ Dona Lola - Spain?

Ingo Denneborg,Düsseldorf
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Unter dem Pseudonym:Doris Bergmann,
c/o MiViaje S.A. Marbella/Spain wurde uns auch ein Rückkauf der TSH-Reisegut
scheine angeboten.Der Kaufpreis von 14.250,-Euro wurden dann auf 22.620,-E
beziffert.Fr.Bergmann hätte 5% Provis.
Allerding müßten wir 2262,-E.Deposit
hinterlegen.Natürlich war der "Käufer"
Ian & Helen Masson,2 Ronaldsay Sqaure
Aberdenn/Scottland, und ein "Notar" L.
Azeddine,Marbella Depositas, Av.de la
Fontanilla 15.Marbella. Alles prima gefäl-
schte Dokumente.Nachdem diese Zahlg.
erfolgt war,trat ein Hr.Manfred Böhm in
Erscheinung und forderte 35%= 2754,-E.für eine Gewinnsteuer,da wir ja einen
Überschuß hätten.Auch das wurde bez.,
da wir dies Internet-Seite ja nicht kann-
ten.Nun haben wir 5000,-E.verloren.Aber
Blödheit und Gutgläubigkeit MUSS bestr
aft werden. Hr.Manfred BÖHM,c/o Marbella Depositos Confianza y Seguri-
dad,Calle de Gloria 8, 29601 Marbella
Hätte man auf den Stadtplan Marb.gese-
hen,wäre die "Nähe" der beiden Betrüger-Institutionen aufgefallen.

Bryan H
05-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Has anyone heard or had dealings with Blue ChipSL. I was cold called by them offering to sell my time share and that they already had a buyer. Are they a genuine company ar a scam as they are asking for upfront payment.

Unregistered
05-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Most recent calls as of today - Stating company name - AVG Marketing (apparently, heh, they don't appear on the internet as they are a part of Mastercard, they stated - yes, a marketing company that doesn't like publicity?) - Caller name Jenny Harris - Number 08451085556 (same as Oddessy?) offering double the value of a timeshare with the buyers in the office ready to go. "Could you just pay this amount first and then we'll pay you the full sum"

Don't be greedy - if they offer you double what they can pay anywhere else, ask yourself why. And yes, again targetting elderly timeshare owners.

Someone with a legal mind could presumably track down the owners of that number from BT and take some sort of action if anyone has been defrauded through them?

AVG Marketing are ODYSSEY, late of GLOBAL RESERVATIONS or INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL SERVICES or whatever the name of the day is. They are in Mallorca and are the biggest scammers going. Keep your money on your card and treat yourself not them!!!!!

Unregistered
05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Has anyone heard or had dealings with Blue ChipSL. I was cold called by them offering to sell my time share and that they already had a buyer. Are they a genuine company ar a scam as they are asking for upfront payment.

Anyone asking for an upfront payment is a scam. Tell them you will only deal through your bank or solicitor, that will give you the only answer you need.

Timeshare Owner
05-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I've just been approached by Oddesy again - first time was 4 months ago. They now have " a very interested client" for my timeshare. They are "about to take a deposit" but need to confirm that the client is happy with the price I said I was prepared to accept. I asked "Jamie" 3 times "Do I have to put any money up front?" - 3 times I was told "No". It will be interesting to see if he maintains that position when he gets back to me (if he does!). He also said that there is no cooling-off period for the prospective purchasers; I thought that it was EU law that there had to be. does anyone know?

Lawbird Lawyer
05-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Dear Madam,

Under Spanish law timeshare has a cooling-off period of 10 days.

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cons_int/safe_shop/timeshare/protection_en.htm

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt

Unregistered
05-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I've just been approached by Oddesy again - first time was 4 months ago. They now have " a very interested client" for my timeshare. They are "about to take a deposit" but need to confirm that the client is happy with the price I said I was prepared to accept. I asked "Jamie" 3 times "Do I have to put any money up front?" - 3 times I was told "No". It will be interesting to see if he maintains that position when he gets back to me (if he does!). He also said that there is no cooling-off period for the prospective purchasers; I thought that it was EU law that there had to be. does anyone know?

There is no buyer I can assure you. They will ask you for a "provision" which will be refunded. The trouble is because they are in Mallorca it takes so long for you to get the contract your 7 days are already up so your card company won't do anything about it.
Go on to Timesharetalk Forum. You'll find a copy of the contract they send out which verifies what I've just said.

ODYSSEY ARE A SCAM. They are also calling themselves AVANT. They were previously called GLOBAL RESERVATIONS and INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL SERVICES.

Don't take my word for it just read what other people have written after they've been ripped off by them.

Unregistered
05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I have been bombarded with calls from this company, the last one to say that they had a definite offer for my CLC weeks 32 & 33. Plus asking for a 1495 euro retainer. All confirmed in an emailed letter. I said I was not willing to devulge Credit card details or indeed pay any money up front. You will loose the sale then was the retort! Feephone No. 0800 619 0098

Unregistered
05-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Wise decision as the so called buyer would of course back out and you would be minus 1495 euros.

These people should be shot down and shut down.

Just keep saying NO it's their phone bill not yours.

Sharon
06-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Please help and advise me,
I,ve just had a phone call from a resale company in Palma De Mallorca called AVG vacations wanting me to give them a retainer for the sale of our timeshare. Amounts weren,t given as yet, we,ve been scammed before so we are very cautious
YS
Sharon

Lawbird Lawyer
06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Dear Madam,

My advice to you is that you read post 27 on this thread very carefully before parting away with your hard-earned money:

http://belegal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187&page=3#27

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt

Unregistered
06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Please help and advise me,
I,ve just had a phone call from a resale company in Palma De Mallorca called AVG vacations wanting me to give them a retainer for the sale of our timeshare. Amounts weren,t given as yet, we,ve been scammed before so we are very cautious
YS
Sharon

They are a scam company. They have changed their name more times than Liz Taylor changed husbands. They've been called Global Reservation Services, International Global Services, Avant, Odyssey, I could go on, and are associated with Prestige Marketing Solutions and Finally Sold. You don't have to believe me just look them up and check the names and phone numbers. The same people call you from all these so called different companies and give out the same phone numbers.

Are they greedy.... absolutely, common sense....absolutely none!!!!!!

Don't touch them with a barge pole.

stayvigil
06-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Dear All,
Just to let you know, NO COMPANY can resell your timeshare for you, you need to go directly to the resort or sell privately to someone who fits the required criteria - age, home owner etc etc. Any of these companies that contact you are scammers - Blue Chip, Sol y Mar etc ANY cold callers saying they have buyers are scammers. These companies will close down one day, open the next with a different name then recontact all their database telling them the same story & doubling up on the money the have defrauded. Another one to look out for now is European Advisory Service, claiming to be assisting those who have been ripped off already, the only up front money you pay is to a Lawyer for court costs, translations etc, NOTHING to the EAS, rubbish the Lawyer is no doubt on a back hander, the European Advisory Service know you have been ripped of because under another company name as a resale agent they have already ripped you off. Don't listen to their sympathies and words of disgust about what has happened to you, ALL LIES, they just want your money.

Adrian Mc
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I have had a email from European Advisory Service and a phone call today. Telling me about the service that they offer. I was to buy property at Fiimago Country club in Turkey it basically went tits up and I got riped off.

I kind of tried to forget about MRI and when got phone call from European Advisory Service they seem to be middle man for some spanish lawyer. Any one have any contact with them know any thing about them.

Jean Hamer
06-24-2010, 09:57 PM
M husband and I have been conned out of at least £1,200 by trying to sell our timeshare. We are both pensioners which its hard.

Unregistered
06-25-2010, 08:33 AM
hi my phone has not stopped ringing about the sale of my time share and wow they sound so convincing!!!!!!!!!!!! but not me i may be a woman but they cant rip me off!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont be parting with any money AND LET ME WARN ALL YOU PEOPLE I GET PHONE CALLS EVERY WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
07-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I was contacted over 2 weeks ago By Christopher Piggott a very convincing gentleman from Odyessy Sales, in regards to my ultra travel memebership and also my Travel Mouse club ownership. He advised me that they have a family from durham who have made an offer on both off my memberships which i am looking to sell i proceeded to leave a "retainer" with them on my credit card for £3000 gbp which i was informed by there legal team is returnable on completion of the sale after reading these pages im now wishing i hadnt, what is my best plan off action. Any advise is glady appreciated..

Unregistered
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I have been pestered by a timeshare company, AVG in Palma (over 300 calls to my telephone no over the last year) asking for a Mr Davies who I don't know asking me if I want to sell my apartment which I don't own. Despite repeated requests, they are continuing to pester me. How do I stop them!!!!!

tuppence
07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Below is an extract from a letter the police have sent out to a number of persons who have been defrauded by way of a resale timeshare scam.
If the matter is a fraud and reported to police under credit card legislation one can make a claim on the credit card company to obtain a refund of the amount stolen by the scammers.

"If you wish to report this matter it should be reported to your local Police under Home Office Counting rules Section 53D Fraud by false representation and other fraud classifications, this clearly states that if the money is transferred abroad and the suspects address is not known the offence should be recorded at the victims address. However you may experience difficulties. Alternative reporting procedures can be followed by reporting to “Action Fraud” via internet or telephone 0300 123 2040. This is a centrally run Fraud Reporting Service which is quite new. Also the City of London have a website called Operation Archway which looks at Advanced Fee Fraud and offers advice. They also have a “Boiler room” Questionnaire to report incidents, this is the term used for Advanced Fee Fraud."

Unregistered
07-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I've been posting on here for quite a while now. I have been researching these companies and put on as much information as possible. Obviously people don't go back over the pages to read what others are saying.

Odyssey, Global Reservations, AVG, all the companies in Palma are all the same one they just keep changing their name.

The address is

Marques de la Senia 35
1st Floor
Palma de Mallorca

Give this address to the police. There is another office in Portals Nous.

1st floor, Portals Plaza. They are next door to Knights Insurance.

When I went on holiday I made it my mission to find them and I did.

They won't need to look far to find them.

PLEASE PEOPLE READ THE THREADS AND DON'T KEEP GETTING CAUGHT.
NO ONE HAS BUYERS FOR YOUR TIMESHARE, THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY.

Lawbird Lawyer
07-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Following on the above helpful posts I post again the following excerpt from the Timeshare Consumers Association (TCA) regarding timeshare reselling:

http://www.timeshare.org.uk/affils.html

Recommended Resale Brokers
Safe places to do business

With 96% of the companies that claim to be "resellers" actively defrauding consumers, TCA have established a Code of Conduct for Resellers and the following comply with the Code.

It is important NOT to make any up-front payment for any reason. If an up-front payment is requested then you should not do busines with that reseller.

This is to ensure buyers and owners have safe places in which to do business.

Contd.

andrew mcrobb
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
i know of one company that is being set up to use unwanted weeks of timeshare to use in the rental market. they are taking weeks from people who no longer wish to use their timeshare. it will suit those who dont want the liability of maintenance.. i will post their site if anyone wants it.

Unregistered
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
There is a new scam coming from Mallorca now. They are asking if you have paid out money to anyone and now they want to help you claim it back.
Excellent, they are the ones you paid it to in the first place.
Do not be fooled, do not part with any money, you will get nothing back. They've scammed you once and will do it again without any conscience.

Unregistered
09-15-2010, 07:18 PM
The comMent above this and the one further up this forum giving addresses for companies sounds to me like a very cheesed off ex employee!!!! So you rip people off yourself then because you get ripped off or have fallen out with the company you wanna try and get your own back.......theres a great saying out there "what goes around comes around" ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!

Unregistered
09-20-2010, 11:35 PM
The comMent above this and the one further up this forum giving addresses for companies sounds to me like a very cheesed off ex employee!!!! So you rip people off yourself then because you get ripped off or have fallen out with the company you wanna try and get your own back.......theres a great saying out there "what goes around comes around" ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!

I wish you were right but unfortunately you're not. My mother in law was ripped off three times by these bastards and my husband and I have spent a lot of time researching them. My husband is 70 and his mother is 90 so I hope they rot in hell taking advantage of an old lady!!!!!!
As you say what goes around comes around and some day Trading Standards will shut the lot of them down.
I'm wondering why you are making comments like this unless you work for them!!!!!!

Ivor Rowlands
09-29-2010, 06:18 PM
I recently received a call from Odyssey Consultants S L.in Majorca asking me did I want to sell my time-share.The person I spoke to was John Hill who said they would pay me the sum of £3,000.00 for it and on sending the document of sale to them they would pay a deposit of £1,500.00 once I had provided their bank details to my bank, they assured me it would not cost me anything for the transaction.
The following day someone called James rang up and spoke to my son and asked why I had not deposited the sum of £1,500.00 in their account as a surety ? As he knew nothing about the call he said that his father did nor possess anything like the sum mentioned in his bank account but he would tell him about the call when he returned. Needless to say I am nor having anything to do with this organisation as I believe they are connected to all these phoney holiday companies who operate in Spain.
As the U. K. is a member of the E.U together with Spain I just wonder when our wretched governments are going to outlaw these parasite companies.
Anyway, anybody reading this please, please do not take up any offer from any of these thieves.

Unregistered
09-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Last year [09] I lost £ to an Andorra company trying! to sell my time share.
as my wife is ill I will let it go for a real bargain price thus doid not expect a scam!

Another company is now persistantly "truing to sell" the weeks for me
All OK until now...........then they want £ up front ....For what?
Any one heard of Odyssey? or Millenium Holiday Marketing? Malaga seems to be their home even supplying co. reg. numbers CIF B92939149 but how to check that?
Stoney broke

Unregistered
10-02-2010, 03:23 PM
These are all the same company!!!!! Look on Timeshare talk forum and you will see the phone numbers and names are all the same. These people are a disgrace and the police should do something about it. A thief is a thief at the end of the day and that's what they are doing, stealing from us.

Unregistered
10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I wish you were right but unfortunately you're not. My mother in law was ripped off three times by these bastards and my husband and I have spent a lot of time researching them. My husband is 70 and his mother is 90 so I hope they rot in hell taking advantage of an old lady!!!!!!
As you say what goes around comes around and some day Trading Standards will shut the lot of them down.
I'm wondering why you are making comments like this unless you work for them!!!!!!

so what happened when you went to see them?

Mr Smith
10-07-2010, 01:47 AM
I have read nearly all the posts on this site and yes its a disgrace the way they keep targeting vunerable people....I will tell you know that there are less than 200 people in Spain ...there are less than 10 crooks running these scam decks...and the Spanish banks used to bank the money are local in marbella and la cala near feungiola...every body knows who they are and they all live in fear as they are murders as well.....Live by the sword....and they will rot in a cell in Spain...which they all fear..all companies in the resale/compensation schemes are 100% scams..you have been told.

Unregistered
10-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Most of the comments on here are frm ex staff..

Unregistered
10-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I've been posting on here for quite a while now. I have been researching these companies and put on as much information as possible. Obviously people don't go back over the pages to read what others are saying.

Odyssey, Global Reservations, AVG, all the companies in Palma are all the same one they just keep changing their name.

The address is

Marques de la Senia 35
1st Floor
Palma de Mallorca

Give this address to the police. There is another office in Portals Nous.

1st floor, Portals Plaza. They are next door to Knights Insurance.

When I went on holiday I made it my mission to find them and I did.

They won't need to look far to find them.

PLEASE PEOPLE READ THE THREADS AND DON'T KEEP GETTING CAUGHT.
NO ONE HAS BUYERS FOR YOUR TIMESHARE, THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY.

So seeing as you have both addresses why didnt you call in.. MMMM strange post.. Let quess u didnt get paid.. ??..

Andy_M
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Is this lot just another reinvention of the same crowd? They are pestering my mother. No money upfront but of course she will need to pay a "surety" of £1295 before the owners hand over the £8400. She has been conned before but they seem so plausible!

Odyssey SL
Apt de Correo n° 13017
CP 07103 PALMA DE MALLORCA
BALEARES - SPAIN
Phone: 0845 302 5752
E-mail: info@odysseyworldwide.net

ifv
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Is this lot just another reinvention of the same crowd? They are pestering my mother. No money upfront but of course she will need to pay a "surety" of £1295 before the owners hand over the £8400. She has been conned before but they seem so plausible!

I recommend anyone being contacted by these fraudsters to report them to Action Fraud (http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/) without further delay.

MrsDonkey
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
My father was contacted two days ago by someone from the Home Office or so they said doing an investigation into timeshare fraud. He told me that they will help him get his money back...all £13,000 he has spent trying to sell his deceased neighbours timeshares as the executor of her estate. I was appalled to learn that he has paid out this amount to agents with potential buyers over the past couple of years. My question is..Is this also a scam? Has anyone else been contacted by the Home Office or aware that they are looking into timeshare fraud?

ifv
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello MrsDonkey, and welcome to our forums.

The first step would be to establish whether this contact was really made by someone from the Home Office. Unfortunately, many times fraudsters impersonate government officials to continue deceiving people.

Also, an important element is whether your father has been asked to pay money upfront. Quoting the fraud recovery fraud (http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/node/88) page at the Action Fraud website:

Genuine law enforcement and other agencies don’t charge fees when returning money to crime victims. Any request for fees indicates a fraud – particularly when you’re asked to pay upfront.

Please read the whole article. If after doing so you infer this is a scam, please report it Action Fraud (http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/).

Regards

Unregistered
10-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Most of the comments on here are frm ex staff..

I am wondering why you are so hell bent on saying that most of the comments are made by ex staff unless you work in the timeshare business and are trying to let people think that all these companies are legitimate!!!!!!
If you are on here you should be trying to help us find out what is true and what isn't so that we don't part with our money for nothing. I am trying to find out if Odyssey is a scam company and most of the comments say they are. Do you know different then???? Will they sell my timeshare for me??????
I would be grateful for any help.

Sceptical.

wolfgangbrand
11-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi

I have been working in the timeshare industry for many years (ON THE CLENAER SIDE OF IT) I can assure you one thing:

EVERY single so-called resale company that promisses you to sell your timeshare or worse: claims to have a buyer already and but wants upfront fees is a scam, every single one, no exeptions. You will never see the money again nor will your timeshare be resold.

Believe it or not, you have been warned.

Regards

Wolfgang Brand

debbie
11-18-2010, 05:17 PM
i was connected yesterday from millenuim marketing gave then 1200 on credit card to recover my money for a holiday club which i was conned on several years ago cybertravel said that they had a buyer and would all be settled in 28 days they gave me there telephone no email address and address in spain is this a scam some one help me .

bryan tobin
11-18-2010, 11:07 PM
my grandmother has been trying to get rid of her timeshare since she cant use it anymore shes lost some money on it from a company called time share depot a guy saying he was trying to sell it and telling her it will take time and when she called and talked to someone else they told her he doesnt work at that company and hes been ripping off other clients ive looked on the internet and heard some of the exact same stories and im guessing this is part of their scam , and theirs another company called exchange international who is calling her saying they try to recover money from the resale companies and it costs a fee, i looked stories up on that company and learned they shouldnt be trusted, i think all those people are together in a scam, work in the same place and they know what their doing , their trying to take advantage of people and espeically the elderly they get very upset when i get on the phone with them and question them. My grandmother shouldnt have ever given any money but shes a good trusting person and doesnt realize that even though they might sound like a ligit company you dont know who your really dealing with over the phone you might be talking with someone that just got out of prison its good to always question people if you feel your being taken advantage of

lawbird
11-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Bryan, you are certainly right.

We are receiving a dozen queries every day asking about the legitimacy of a certain offer, generally received by email or over the phone after a cold call.

We do not recommend instructing a Lawyer that cannot prove to you that is registered with any Bar Association in Spain. If you have doubts about whether you are dealing with a Solicitor or a conman, you can ask for their registration number and the Bar Association they are registered with. No real Lawyer will take offence with this question. You can then call the Bar Association in question and ask whether this person is duly registered or not.

Never pay any moneys upfront if you have been contacted out of the blue.

Charles
11-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi, I got caught in the cyber travel scam. I have now received a call from Millenium Marketing offering to repay my cyber costs if I sell them my cyber certificate. Millenium are based in Malaga, Torre-del-Mar,
Tel No 0871 244 5184 Nerja. So far they have not asked me for any money. Has anyone else been called by these paople?

Peter
12-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Had call from one Julia Davies of Millenium Marketing, Apartedo Curreos 151, Torre Del Mar, Malaga, claiming to have a buyer offering £3400 for my defunct cybertravel club membership. It would require a credit card holding deposit from me of £1200, immediately as the clients were only in Spain for another day. Telephone number was 0871 244 5184. I have asked them for written details, but they have declined. Do they really think that we are all that gullible?

Unregistered
12-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I was called today by Millenium in Malaga, and they offered me 6300K for my CCC membership, plus 5K for the cashback due next year. They want 1350K though to set the ball rolling, but of couse, I'll get it back!

Of course it sounds too good to be true, but has anyone had any dealings with them?

Violet
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Sorry, new on here didn't mean to be anonymous!!

ifv
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Good news, 25 people arrested in the Canary Islands in connection to a €10 million timeshare resale scam (http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/12/17/espana/1292572374.html) (El Mundo - Spanish).

Unregistered
01-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi, I got caught in the cyber travel scam. I have now received a call from Millenium Marketing offering to repay my cyber costs if I sell them my cyber certificate. Millenium are based in Malaga, Torre-del-Mar,
Tel No 0871 244 5184 Nerja. So far they have not asked me for any money. Has anyone else been called by these paople?

I have received today a call from Millenium Marketing based in Malaga saying the usul story, they have a client interesred in my week, they asked for a deposit to be held by the credit card company and refundable as soon we will send the ownership documents. Can we trust them? Franco

samjo
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I have received today a call from Millenium Marketing based in Malaga saying the usul story, they have a client interesred in my week, they asked for a deposit to be held by the credit card company and refundable as soon we will send the ownership documents. Can we trust them? Franco

I too got a call from millenium marketing a couple of days ago and again today to ask if I would sell my share in a timeshare that I have. 'I don't have a time share' I said to them but they assured me I do and they have the proof of a payment I made and that I had obviously forgotten about it which is quite common. I was offered £5,000 as they already have a seller, they sound very convincing but all the time I was waiting for the time when then said it was going to cost me something and sure enough they did. It would cost me £980 holding fee which I would get back as soon as the courier collected my documents which they would send in a few days after they had got funds from my 'buyer'. I hung up needless to say,and googled Mellenium Marketing straight away to find thatthey are indeed a scam outfit. But be careful the voice on the end of the phone is very a friendly girl and would sound convincing to those more vunerable.

Unregistered
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
I was just about to call the 0871 number left on my answer phone today, glad I checked first. Thank you for the insight.

By the way, I got half my money back for my Cyber travel membership, i thought it was a scam at first so was very wary but they never asked for any money just various bits of information which I gave. It went quiet for a few years then started all over again last year. At the end of last year they said they had all the money refunded - I was amazed. The company is based in Milton Keynes and everything was followed up with paperwork

Due to the fact I never thought it would never happen I had signed an agreement agreeing they could keep 50'% of any money reclaimed. As I had agreed to pay it I paid it. But don't panic, the full amount had already been paid into my bank first so I was still left with 50%. Better than nothing I told myself but looking back on the whole experience I could have done all the work myself and claimed against the credit card company as I had paid by credit card.

Let me know if you need any other information.

RON GAFFNEY
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I have just been approached by Odyssey Worldwide based in Majorca(although the Terms & Conditions refer to Odyssey Consultants S.L.) with a good offer to sell my timeshare in Malta. However, they require a non-refundable fee of £600 for legal/admin services. The "buyer" has agreed to pay a deposit of 20%, if I agree to proceed.

The Managers that I spoke to at Odyssey are James Phillips & John Appleton.

Should I be concerned?

I would like to think that the deal is genuine, but I feel uneasy after reading all these comments on this website.

Helen Munton
02-07-2011, 01:22 PM
just been contacted by Muriel Hunter from Blue Chip SL aking if i want to sell my DVLC membership for £10,500 they need a deposit of 1295 euros for the solicitors in spain. when i said i neede time to research this she asked how much time i needed. i said to call back tomorrow morning. a few weeks ago i was called by someone saying they could get me my money back on this same DVLC holiday club. again wanted money up front there and then. the longer i waited the less chance of getting any money back as the fund was being used up very quickly. wasn't very pleased when i said no thank you. watch this space to see if they get in touch again.

Helen Munton
02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Wonder of wonder. Muriel Hunter didn't ring back. Must be a scam. If it wasn't she'd have rung back. Beware anyone hearing from her.

Unregistered
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Hi

We are trying to sell our timeshare in South Carolina and have listed it on Ebay - just had a message via the Ebay messaging system wanting me to call an 0845 number of someone called Odyessy Worldwide, who have Corporate buyers looking for timeshares, and i have to call for an immediate offer

I have "politely" told them that if they wish to buy it, they can bid like everyone else!

so glad theres places like this we can find information out - upfront fees, how bloody dare they (not that i have any money to give them upfront fees anyway! )

mrs r e hobbs
02-22-2011, 08:49 PM
18-2-2010.just been contacted by guess who muriel hunter from blue chip sl asking if i want to sell my membership for £7.500 they need a depositof 1.300euros from us.after surfing the came accross some interesting infofmation. no company with blue chip muriel did not back good

Unregistered
03-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Wonder of wonder. Muriel Hunter didn't ring back. Must be a scam. If it wasn't she'd have rung back. Beware anyone hearing from her.

I to have had this phone call i was very wary after readeing your thread thanks

David Morgan
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
My wife and I have been contacted a couple of times by Odessey Worldwide.
The caller is a woman by the name of Christine Collins and her telephone number is 08453025752 (not one that I have come across before).
Boy! am I glad that i have read the postings on this site!!!! THANKS

Unregistered
04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Odyssey Worldwide are a scam so don't have anything to do with them. My friend moved to Mallorca and got a job with them. She lasted 3 days until she found out what they were doing ripping people off. She has contacted the newspapers about them too. She's now working in a bar earning legal money!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Here is a website to report your fraudulent calls too. These ripoff merchants are the scum of the earth and need getting rid of.

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/home

JUNE
04-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I have been reading the above and have learned from comments made.

Unfortunately I own a Time Share & a Holiday Club and have had offers from many Co's to re-sell, including one that wanted me to re-mortgage my home to invest in Hotel Building in Thailand (with a promise of great returns)!!!

Last week I was contacted by Half Moon Holdings claiming that they had a buyer willing to pay double the purchase price of my Holiday Club. They wanted a Deposit of £1,000!!!

I now have an unbelievable problem with another Co. LAST YEAR I gave a Deposit to ODYSSEY CONSULTANTS SL. They then said that their potential purchaser had 'pulled-out' and that they would return my Deposit. They actually did return this (minus about £60+). Their excuse was 'the difference in the Exchange Rate'!!!

However, this was the LEAST of my problems! I have today received a nasty letter inferring that I am 'IN BREACH of CONTRACT'!!!!! They say that, they have found no official letter of cancellation in their files. They want me to PAY THEM 1,356.61 Eu within 14 DAYS - OTHERWISE A LITIGATION CLAIM in the SPANISH COURTS !!!!!

P L E A S E H E L P ME !!!!!

Unregistered
04-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi Jane, They cannot sue you when what they are doing is illegal. They are stealing money from people. My friend took the job in good faith and when she overheard 2 of the "closers" talking about people being greedy when they think they are going to get money for something that is worth nothing, it serves them right to get ripped off!!!!!! She asked what they were talking about and they explained everything to her. That was when she walked out.

You need to report all this to the fraud people who are dealing with this. Contact the Office of Fair Trading and they will tell you who it is.

If you also look on the tmeshare talk forum there are links to web sites where you can report it too. Look up Odyssey on there in the Shark Alley forum and see how many others have been scammed too.

It's time these people were stopped and made to repay what they have stolen from everyone they have dealt with.

Good luck with it and don't worry they can't take anything from you.

Unregistered
04-07-2011, 12:58 AM
My wife and I have been contacted a couple of times by Odessey Worldwide.
The caller is a woman by the name of Christine Collins and her telephone number is 08453025752 (not one that I have come across before).
Boy! am I glad that i have read the postings on this site!!!! THANKS

They are very clever because their office is in Mallorca. How they get UK numbers is beyond me. Christine Collins is one of the people my friend worked with and needless to say it is not her real name. They are all advised not to use their real names!!!!!! I wonder why..........

My friend tells me she has now made a fulll statement to the Spanish police regarding Odyssey so watch this space.

Christine
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Sad to say that we have been caught in the Millenium Marketing Group scam,same old story saying they had a buyer for our points,June last year,I have sent emails but no reply and the TEL NO 0871 244 5184 no longer exists,we paid with credit card so will I be able to get help from them.
feeling sick with disappointment that people can decieve us,we must be a bit green!!

Kevin
05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Okay - They are still at it - Had a cold call from a lady telling me that they were going to auction off my DWVC membership, if I agreed. Then they called me back and told me they had an offer of £7,800......all they needed was a security deposit of 1200 Euros. I had not seen this site so I coughed up with my credit card details, then sat back and had a Homer moment - Doh! What have I done!!!

Thanks to this site and other similar ones I realised I have been suckered. So here is my plan for stopping them.

1 - On line banking enabled me to remove all the funds from my account and also cancel my overdraught facility. I left them 10p in the account

2 - Call the bank and report the card stolen. That stops it and all further transactions on the card are refused.

3 - Publish their details on this site - to warn others. So, I was called by a female who stated her name was Joanne Carter. Gave an address of Rincon Holiday Park Village, Torre Del Mar, 29740 Malagar Spain and a company number of B93063337. Be WARNED.

Can't find a match to the company number, nor the address or the telephone number. Mmmm Scary, huh

Anyway. Be warned. They are still out there- but they won't get me!!

Unregistered
05-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Please be aware of this woma! She is a scammer the low life! She does this money gifting "programs" she will tell people that its to feed the the homless people, children you name it. ha you send her cash by cert mail ups fed ex the list goes on and on. if you hear from this woman run as fast as you can do not gifrt her any money. you can google her or go to whoscammedyou.com and read all all about her. if yo have been scammed report her to your local police dep what she is doing is a crime being that shes an ex con she will be punished only if reported report her the the atty general also

b walklett
05-28-2011, 07:14 PM
realm travel malaga try to sell my timeshare money required up front are they scammers thanks

b.walklett
05-28-2011, 07:26 PM
2 companies want my money up front for a club class reclaim £4,000
RAMIREZ RAMIREZ LAWYERS
and GREENGESS 2005 SL both of MALAGA. what do you think thankyou

Unregistered
06-18-2011, 07:45 AM
i to am one of the stupid people who belived them, i got a call from realm travel services, stating they had a buyer for my timeshare.... and all i had to do was pay £1300 upfront....and stupidly i did...god am i regreting it now

i have contacted my visa card and told them the situation and i am in the process of seeing if i can get back my money.....
will i get it back???

has anyone else heard of them or been lucky to get there money back

http://realmtravelservices.com

cant belive they can get away with it ........

Mrs N of Lincoln
06-20-2011, 06:17 PM
So glad i found this web site i also have had a call today from Murial Hunter of Blue Chip SL saying they had a buyer for my timeshare in Gran Canaria, (where did they get my number from) my hubby was sceptical so i went surfing, but they sounded so professional; SELLER BEWARE ..........

Unregistered
06-28-2011, 11:44 PM
i to am one of the stupid people who belived them, i got a call from realm travel services, stating they had a buyer for my timeshare.... and all i had to do was pay £1300 upfront....and stupidly i did...god am i regreting it now

i have contacted my visa card and told them the situation and i am in the process of seeing if i can get back my money.....
will i get it back???

Blue chip wont return phone calls, always get an answering machine, don't reply to e mails, having to go down credit card route to try to get money back, £1100 , I don't know what else to do, will let you know how I get on .

Unregistered
08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Just had second phone call from RINCON HOLIDAY PARK VILLAGE MALAGA registration no B93063337 offering to sell by timeshare for me. I needed to pay £860 to secure the deal with a buyer who was willing to pay £7850 for my weeks etc. after reading other post on here i realise it is yet another scam. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is . The lady i spoke to was Lisa Brown phone no 08448228128

Anonymous
08-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I have CLC points and was phoned by a Paul Carrington of Now On Line.com after a search on the internet,guess what i got cought for £1250 their so called client pulled out 2 weeks before the expriry date of the contract.The contract did say that if the could sell through an associate company the could do so,what a mug i am,the associate company, AS Services have given me a so called assurance that the can sell my points through a company called Property Development Consultants International can any comment on this company.

Unregistered
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Another scam company - Google it.

Unregistered
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Just had second phone call from RINCON HOLIDAY PARK VILLAGE MALAGA registration no B93063337 offering to sell by timeshare for me. I needed to pay £860 to secure the deal with a buyer who was willing to pay £7850 for my weeks etc. after reading other post on here i realise it is yet another scam. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is . The lady i spoke to was Lisa Brown phone no 08448228128

I too have had a call from Lisa of the same address and phone number. In my case they offerred £7800 and wanted a deposit of £865 for a period of 28 days by credit card. When she rings tomorrow I am going to ask for an email with all the information in so I have something positive to show the Trade Standards people.

Ian
08-30-2011, 10:11 PM
We were caught by Millenium Marketing and after receiving emails and contract agreed to pay by credit card. Since then we have heard nothing, the phone is not answered and the website has disappeared. Have they reappeard with a new name? We have recently been cold called by Waterstone Consultants, who offer to put us in touch with companies who buy timeshares. They assure us no advance fees are requested and tat we can refuse an offer if not satisfied. Has anyone heard of Waterstone - are they reliable?

Tim
09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
just got back from mallorca. exactly the same thing with now on line happened to me. went out to see property development consultants international. they are not buying my time share but transfering it. I have parted with approx £3,000:00 so farand they want another £5,000:00 within 3 week. they say the monies are put in trust, to keep it safe, we then have to send off what they call cheques (no money) every year for the next 5 years. after this 5 year period, we get our asking price for the time share + the monies we have just paid.
any comments most appreciated. the person I am dealing with is Collettte Stephenson, ring any bells in the fraud markets?

Unregistered
09-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Tim
Would be interested to hear if you have managed to get anything back out of Property Developers International. Cannot find anything about them on Google, however we were told they had recently changed names, unfortunately we don't know previous name. We got convinced by the same people (Collette Stephenson and colleagues) and now realise it is a scam. I will watch for your response.
Christine Thomas

Tim
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Not sure where to start with getting anything back. I wont be sending any further monies though, thats for sure. I have no info re any changes of names either. I only wish I had seen thus site before I decided to go with Now on line. I would have told them where to go. personally, i think im goosed here, pretty sick about it all and feeling a bit stupid. have you any ideas on how to start getting monies back from them.

Unregistered
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM

will i get it back???

Hi
Yes I am one of those stupid people too. They took £1800 from my husband and I. Im trying to get a refund from My bank HSBC. But they are not being very helpful. With Realm Travel, if you made a credit card payment, they would of paid it into an account called Class Business S.L, their bank is called Banca March and is in Palma Mallorca. Which is even more disgusting , as the banks dont want to pay. There is a website called Mindtimeshare, please leave a blog and you will get advice from them. They have been fantastic and very supportive. And you will see how many other people have been conned by them.

derek25
10-27-2011, 05:57 PM
:mad::mad::mad:
I have CLC points and was phoned by a Paul Carrington of Now On Line.com after a search on the internet,guess what i got cought for £1250 their so called client pulled out 2 weeks before the expriry date of the contract.The contract did say that if the could sell through an associate company the could do so,what a mug i am,the associate company, AS Services have given me a so called assurance that the can sell my points through a company called Property Development Consultants International can any comment on this company.

Anon
10-28-2011, 04:49 AM
I had a call from Blue Chip re selling our TS apartments. When I said I did not believe that hey had a genuine offer they gave a phone number of the buyer (probably his mate) in UK who confirmed that they wanted the weeks.
Like a fool I then gave them €1300 as a security on a promise that all would go through in 4-6 weeks. Surprise, Surprise, suddenly the buyer could not get the money and they then came back with a 'Corporate Offer' of a Holiday Club which required us to send a further €1690 in order for the 'Sale' to go through.
When we asked why we needed to send them more money when the new 'offer' was supposed to end up with us being paid I got 10 minutes of double speak.
Needless to say we did not send the extra cash and all since then has been very quiet, my letter asking for our cash back being seemingly ignored.
If you are contacted by these people, do NOT listen to any of their lies - just tell them you are NOT interested and put the phone down.

Clive
10-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Yesterday seems to have been a busy day for Blue Chip SL.
I received a call from Sally Miller offering to arrange a transfer of my membership of Club Class PLC to prospective buyers.
She appeared to know all my details and those of Club Class and, foolishly, I agreed to pay a cover insurance fee of £1250.
Belatedly, I began a check on Blue Chip on the internet and discovered that this organisation appears to be a bogus timeshare operator with a proven track record.
It appears that I am one of many who have been naiive and I am now beginning the process of trying to get help and advice on trying to recover my money.

Tim
10-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Derek
quite a regular thing going on here. Now-on-line, property development consultants international and AS services really do look like being all in each others pockets, and peeing in the pockets of the good natured, trusting public. stay well clear of these people is my advice. I am sure have been scammed, I have lost money, and dont really expect to see it again. the practice the use is not legal in the EU apart from Spain basically, the word SCAM is what springs to mind

Unregistered
11-17-2011, 12:28 PM

do not go near them they get you out to where they are and ask you for momey

derek25
11-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi i think that you could be correct i will let you know if i do not receive our loyalty certs
within the next few days.They have advised me that i should do but i am not holding my
breath,if i dont then i intend to see our Member of Parliament and se if any thing can be
done through the european parliament and stop people being scammed as predominantly
through (SPAIN) most of the toe rags who do this are British anyway.
Derek

M. A. Gibbonley
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
I had the missfortune to be called by a Micheal Doyle from Odessey he was really pushy and when I said I was concerned about being scammed he said that "unfortunately web sites now are tarring good companies along with bad, but Hand On Heart (that's a good one he doesn't have a heart!!!) l can sell your timeshare and l sleep very well at night so trust me l have a very good life and enjoy helping people" he then asked for my credit card for a payment which l would get back, when l said l did not have enough credit to cover the cost he replied "don't worry about that we have a special code we put in which overrides that". Stupidly l had already given him that card no thinking l was safe as it would be over my limit and be refused. How wrong was l, a short while later l got a call from Mr Doyle saying "no worries the payment has gone through, you will be thanking me soon and you can then send me a bottle of whiskey when it's all over" He took no notice of my concerns and put the phone down. l got the contract but returned it with the credit card slip unsigned, this started up a barrage of calls demanding l sign and fax it back saying they already had my money so why was l delaying the sale going through. l tried to cancel but was 'too late' as obviously it took more than the 7 days for the contract to arrive in the first place. l went to my credit card company and explained to them and they were very good and refunded the full amount to me. This started up another barrage of abusive and threatening calls from Mr. Doyle and they even sent a 'solicitors' letter saying l must pay the full amount back immediately or l will have to go to court IN SPAIN for which they will not pay travel expenses and if l do not go to court then l will be prosecuted and will likely go to prison. Oddly enough no such solicitor could be found!! l contacted my credit card company again and they said to "totally ignore it" as the debt was not mine as they had taken the money back from Odessey not me, so l did ignore it and when l got a call again from Mr. Doyle l told him what the credit card people had said which shut him up immediately and he hung up and l have heard nothing since. So do try your credit card companies as they CAN refund you the money even if the debt is a few years ago if they still insist they can't go to the Financial Ombudsman (details available on line) and they will help. Also try TATOC who deal with timeshare scammers and will give you advice. JUST REMEMBER IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - IT IS no-one wants timeshare now and there are thousands to buy IF they do so why would they pay over the odds to purchase yours - finally look on E-Bay you will find them on there for 1p and they still can't get rid of them. Good luck to anyone trying to get rid of a timeshare but do be careful.

Abby
06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I just received a call from Merrick from AVG (American Vacation Group) who said he had a buyer for my timeshare for my asking price of 50K and they had already been approved! What does he think I am stupid? I asked if a fax could be sent to me of their written offer of the contract. He said he would have to have his supervisor call me. If this man is calling me to tell me he basically has a signed proposal for my timeshare, wouldn't he have it in front of him and could fax it to me himself? I am braced for a scam. The so called supervisor is supposed to call me later today!

Jenn
10-13-2012, 08:26 PM
I had paid $450 to Timeshare Global Services back in 2004- by credit card-- to sell and/or rent my timeshare in Las Vegas. They stated that this fee was a "lifetime satisfaction"-- but I cannot contact them - due to phone and email address not valid anymore? Any suggestions on how to find them?

?skam
01-20-2013, 12:13 AM
l have has a firm from spain phone me up to buy on behalf of another perso.the comapny is cold blue chip.ney/sl based in spain are these people real or crooks?

ifv
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
sjam: I would stay well away from this 'company': http://mindtimeshare.me/2011/08/05/blue-chip-still-active-still-not-to-be-trusted%E2%80%A6/

Jenn: I recommend that you contact the FBI (http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/february/timeshare-fraud_021712)if you are in the US or The Metropolitan Police (http://content.met.police.uk/Site/reportingfraud) if you are in the UK.

trina ireland
02-17-2013, 01:33 AM
anyone come across Stephen Joyce at Sunshine Estates in Madrid.. just rang offering to sell on my timeshare for a tidy sum...just have to lodge €2k to an assigned trustee account as a contract deposit...which will be given back to me at completion of the transaction???? scam I think but dont see their name mentioned in this or any other thread