PDA

View Full Version : exemptions

Unregistered
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi, I would like some advice if at all possible, my grandfather passed away earlier this year and left his half of the property to me, my grandmother owns the other half, obviously I am finding it a struggle to pay the tax due. I am registered at living at this address as I lived with him prior to his death, are there any exemptions? The tax I have to pay depends on the valuation of the house..between 75,000 and 150.000 euros. Thank you

Unregistered
12-13-2010, 08:48 PM
...that is the valuation on my half

lawbird
12-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Dear Sir,

If this was his main residence, and subject to us reviewing the documentation in detail, there are some exemptions that can apply and reduce your tax liability significantly if not almost entirely.

However, please note that you are under an obligation to file your IHT tax form within 6 months of the date in which he passed away and therefore you should proceed to act as soon as possible.

If you would like to obtain a quote for our services in assisting you throughout the full inheritance proceeding, do not hesitate to contact us via email at info @ lawbird.com and we will be happy to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,