PDA

View Full Version : Best way to live in Spain legally?

naturegirl321
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm American, but have peruvian citizenship through marriage. My husband is Peruvian. we live in Korea, where I teach at a university. we'd like to go to Spain and get Spanish citizenship. What is the best way to do so? We thought about studying, but realised that time on student visas don't count towards citizenship. Work visas seem very difficult to get as well. How can we live in SPain legally?

Marta
12-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi,

As you are probably aware, Peruvian nationality allows you to opt for Spanish citizenship after having resided in Spain legally for two years. On the other hand you are right to say that a student visa will not count towards citizenship or that work visas (salaried permits) are very difficult to obtain at the moment.

However, have you tried the self-employed permit? At the moment Spain is in need of investors coming in to set up new businesses in the country. Please send us an e-mail to our immigration department at Lawbird and without any compromise we will let you know whether you qualify for it.