PDA

View Full Version : Help with Legalization fees

bloodbought77
02-04-2009, 05:20 AM
I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is such a law that when one has an inheritance and it is brought to Spain from a different country, IF a legalization fee must be paid in order for it to be legal to move transport it to ones home country, Any help would be greatly appreciated,

aflores
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello,

The only legalization fee is the Hague Apostille Stamp fee which you need to pay in order to have your documents validated for us in Spain. Once in Spain you will need to fulfill the inheritance procedures in order that the assets can be transferred to the inheritors, bank accounts changed etc.

ifv
02-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I would need more information, but this looks to me like a scam (advance fee fraud). Perhaps you find this blog post (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/wordpress/9-tips-on-how-to-determine-if-an-offer-is-a-scam/) of interest.

Lawbird Lawyer
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is such a law that when one has an inheritance and it is brought to Spain from a different country, IF a legalization fee must be paid in order for it to be legal to move transport it to ones home country, Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Perhaps you'll find this other thread (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155) makes an interesting read as well.

bloodbought77
02-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Our situation was not exactly as the ones i have read, but we have been talking with some people in dakar for nearly a year, Supposedly a young man does have an inheritance, through many months of investigating and researching all we knew to do, we saw the documments stating that he did indeed have a inheritance due him, after his father was killed, However becasue i did not trust and felt it was a scam of which i had heard many of them, Now a year later after talking with him and an attorney, the money was brought to spain for me to collect as the beneficiary of this young mans estate, the sum was presented to us and even thought we saw it with our own eyes, it was registered with the minister of financial affairs in Spain, they said that a legalization fee must be paid based on the amount of the inheritance in order for it to be released so that it can legally be taken out of Spain and into my own country, We did beleive over the whole course of time that we trusted in the attorney who has given us counsel but, when we heard about he legalization fee and the document from that office said that it had a time frame to pay it or it would revert back to the goverment, Does this sound like a scam??? or is there such a thing as a lagalization fee???

IS there a bank in Spain called Caja Madrid?? with address of Calle Sapporp 16, 28923. Madrid???
they provided an account number for this legalization fee to be sent too, and a beneficiary address of calle Polvoranca 68, 28850

please help me know if this sound like a total scam or is indeed a law of Spain
thanks for your help,

bloodbought77
02-05-2009, 12:48 AM
can you please tell me if there is a formula or set amount of the fee to validate the inheritance from another country? we were told it depends on the amount of the inheritance, is that true??? also is there a set time that once it is brought into Spain that one has to pay this fee before it can be released to them??? thanks kindly,

ifv
02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Bloodbought77, I'm afraid this is a total and utter scam. The people you are dealing with are nothing but fraudsters conducting a 419 advance-fee fraud.

For further information, you can read the wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud) article on the matter.

I recommend that you do not have further dealings with these people.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud#cite_note-Netherlands-19)

Lawbird Lawyer
02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Dear Sir,

As has been written you are falling foul of a classic scam. Don't pay any money or you will regret it.

ifv
02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
bloodbought77, I confirm there's is no such thing as an inheritance "validation" or "legalization" fee. If this inheritance story was real (which is clear it isn't), you would have to pay inheritance tax within 6 months from the death of the grantor, and never as a requirement to obtain your money.

Be wise and don't waste any more of your time with these conmen.