PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Visa Chargeback and Deutchse Bank

Nicky
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi
I paid for something using 2 Visa debit cards - one card was issued by Deutsche bank in Spain and the other a Gibraltan bank. I provided a massive amount of proof to both banks showing clearly that the product bought was defective and that I had tried on several occasions to resolve the problem with the retailer.
My Gibraltan card refunded the money well within 60 days and the amount was twice that paid on the Spanish card.
Deutsche have still not paid 10 months down the line and we are at a stalement as they are asking for a Police report for a civil matter - knowing full well, i believe, that the Police will not supply a report for this kind of problem (I've tried 4 times so i know!!!).
Deutsche have actually received far more paperwork than Gibraltar - plus the result of Gibraltar's refund but still refuse to move forward without a bit of paper I can't produce.
I have taken my case to the Consumer's Association who are dealing with it but deutsche will not supply me with the address for Visa Spain to put on the claim form.
I expected this sort of behaviour from Visa Spain, quite frankly - and it's a shame I was proved right. I'm also very disappointed by Deutsche who have, up to this disgraceful episode, been quite good.
Any advice or feedback regarding similar experiences would be welcome as it's 1k Euro that they owe me which is not exactly small change.
Visa chargeback rules are the same internationally so Visa Spain must be breaking Visa's own regulations. If anyone else has suffered the same fate please write on this forum and let's try to do something about it.