PDA

View Full Version : Luis Santiago Associates Abogados

Cindy
09-25-2010, 09:11 AM
My husband just got a letter today in the mail from a “Luis Santiago Associates Abogados” in Madrid. Interestingly, the letter was posted in Pisa, Italy. It requested my husband to pose as the next of kin of a wealthy “client” of the law firm who has allegedly died leaving 7,500,000 Euro. The deceased “client” has the same last name as my husband. The “lawyer” requested that my husband be “presented to the bank as the next of kin” to avoid the money being confiscated by the government. The “lawyer” suggested that my husband contact him to get more details. His generous proposal is that after giving 10% of the money to charity the remaining 90% would be shared between my husband and the “lawyer”. Needless to say, we are not responding.

Unregistered
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Today 24th Sept, 2010 my Father received same letter in the mail urging we contact Barrister Luis Santiago, letter was mailed from Madrid Spain to my family in Australia.
My elderly Father over 80 years old was all excited as he does have family in Spain, luckily for him he does not have such a trusting daughter, these people need to be exposed and all those who come across this people need to post their story in order to make sure he does not have any success in stealing innocent peoples money.

Unregistered
09-28-2010, 01:15 AM
I received the same letter on 27th Sept. Mailed from Italy to Australia. Lawyers Luis Santiago Associates Abogados. The address of the lawyers office on the letter head is Calle Teniente Ruiz, 10, Local 6, 28001 Madrid-Spain. Letter dated 19/09/2010. I didn't believe a word of it and quickly found this blog after googling. Fortunately I'm not so gullible.

Unregistered
09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
I received the same letter today 28th Sept. from Lawyers Luis Santiago Associates Abogados. I didn't believe a word of it and think these people are just out to steal peoples money!!! THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE EXPOSED

Unregistered
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
My Grandmother recieved the same letter, telling us about a 7,500,000 euros deposit a relative made, fortunately we know we have no relatives in Spain. Expose the bastards

Unregistered
09-28-2010, 11:44 PM
We recieved the same letter today in British Columbia, Canada. It's a well written scam that almost had me doubting myself. Clearly a scam now that I've read the above posts.

Unregistered
10-02-2010, 10:18 AM
My mother got the same letter.
Lucky them having the time to SCAM people.
SHAME on them for the people that they do.

Unregistered
10-04-2010, 03:17 AM
it's disscusting....My Granmother of 93 years, just recieved the same letter from Middle Asociados & Abogados in Australia! Saying an unheard of relative (which she was surprised, but excited to know she actually had) and his whole family had died in a Tsunami and she was the benificary of 10 and a half million dollars and the firm would share the sum as agreed.

unbelivable, watch out for letters like this!!

Unregistered
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
My 76 year old Dad received a letter from these crooks offering 7.5m euros. He was so excited as his grandfather had escaped to spain during the war and was never heard of again. These people should be ashamed of themselves and need to be stopped. Well done to everyone who is helping educate the usually elderly recipients of these rip offs. I hope they are caught very soon!

Zoe
10-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi, I was interested in your comments as my dad just received a letter from "Middle Asociados & Abogados" advising him that he has a late relative with the same surname who has left $10,500,000 USD. I assumed this is a scam so I look up on the internet and found all your comments which have a similar story.

7 October 2010

Unregistered
10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I am now a richer by 7,500,000.00... You should have answered your letter...just joking lol...

Unregistered
10-21-2010, 02:37 AM
I just received the same type of letter from Diez Asociados & Abogados from Madrid sent to Quebec Canada. I can now see how some people fall for these scams...very well written but obviously a scam.

Unregistered
10-21-2010, 03:31 PM
My father received the same letter in Montreal Canada. The deceased has our last name. I wonder if they are targetting only older people with this.

For what it is worth, if you have not been victimized and just want to report this, in Canada the RCMP suggests that you forward this to the anti-fraud centre. Visit http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams-fraudes/rep-sig-eng.htm for the email address.

I am sure that the FBI or Postal service in the US has a similar report email/line.

BB

Unregistered
11-19-2010, 05:41 AM
I live in Windsor Canada and same thing came to my father on Nov 2010. I am glad i seen your posts even thought it was hard to believe it anyways. Thank you all

Unregistered
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
my husband recieved a letter from this mob today - what alot of bollocks - this rodrigo is a sharlotan and needs to be dealt with.

Unregistered
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
I received a letter from France, saying one of my relative died in the tsunami 2004, and there was a vault in the Mediterrania Trust & Safekeeping sl, and i had to pay a certain amount of euros to register it, .... which i did.....i received a call confirming they had received the amount from the trust, run by Phillipe Trezzano, my acting solictor Peter Sanz from Elite Associados in Madrid, then i was asked to put another but larger much larger amount in another bank, to get it put in my name, when saying i was having trouble getting it, i started getting very unprofessional ph calls from both of them....now i come on here, a little too late, but just in time...THESE SCUM BAGS HAVE RECEIVED EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS FROM ME.. they acted very profession ...SO BEWARE......

Unregistered
12-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Hi,
Like all of you that have posted I just received the same SCAM letter in the post this morning if I hadn't known any better I would have gone WOW $USD10.5 million but as soon as I read the first few lines I knew it was a fake and something has to be done about this blood sucking creeps before some poor person is sucked into their scam and discloses all of their financial details to these scum bags

Unregistered
12-21-2010, 06:45 AM
I received a letter from a Mr Alejando from DIES ASOCIADOS & ABOGADOS Madrid, wow a relative of mine with the same last name dies along with his family in the tsunami on the 26th December 2004. 10.5 Million USD, Well who cares if it's a scam or not, they have your address already so tell them to put the cheque in the mail. LOL

Unregistered
12-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Today my father rec'd a letter (Madrid to Vancouver, BC) from Mr. Jose Antonio Lopez of Diez Asociados & Abogados untitling him to 10.5 million USD dollars. Same exact letter...relative had died in the 2004 tsunami...etc. I read your posts and have looked up Mr. Lopez's email addresses and they both belong to free email account services. So sketchy and blatantly obvious that this is a scam. Definately sending a report in: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams-fraudes/rep-sig-eng.htm

Unregistered
12-22-2010, 02:58 AM
sounds like a lot of people who died in the tsunami were Millionaires LOL. these letters we're all getting are not professionals at all, they keep asking for a complete secrecy and integrity, they also saying things like " the transaction that will benefit us both" and also how they already gone to the high court to clear the transfer of the money and all they need from me is a complete co operation, I mean if you get a letter from a real lawyer about an inheritance that you're going to get, there will be non of that crap, you won't have to send them money for some "fees", the fees if any will be taken out of your money and you'll just get a cheque. I can't believe how some people send them 8000 dollars??? WOW. Oh and also the deal is 50
% for them and 50% for me, a real lawyer won't be asking for 50%, gee they're greedy. PMSL.

Unregistered
01-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi from British Columbia, Canada. just received the same letter in the post today, from Diez Asociados &Abogados in Madrid, Spain.
It didn't take long for me to find this site to see all the others who have also received the same letter. What a bunch of crooks! I hope nobody else sends money to them!!

Unregistered
02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Looks like the scam has hit Australia! What a load of rubbish! Obviously a form letter where they just change the person's name. (note the name is in bold)

Feel sorry for anyone who was scammed!!! Beware!!!

Unregistered
02-04-2011, 04:54 AM
I just sent them $10.000 and i was told that 10 million dollars will be in my account in 10 days, should I be worry?

Unregistered
03-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Like the rest of you, I too got a letter from a "Mr. Jose Antonio Lopez (Esq.)" from the legal firm "Diez Asociados & Aborgados". I live in Ontario, Canada. These are the details of the letter:

Like everyone else, the "Client" was wealthy and he died. Where mine differs from most of what I read is that he didn't die in a tsunami, but rather "died along with his entire family on the 24th of December, 2004 in an accident which occur along Madrid - Valencia Express Way here in Spain"

This letter was sent to my father, who got ill last year and was hospitalized in Acapulco, where the corrupt doctors found creative ways to milk money out of us until we were able to fly him back to Canada. Not sure if its worth noting, but my father was older (70) and he died a couple months later peacefully. The "client" in question just happened to "share" my family last name, with his first name being listed as "Harpesh". My family is of a German background, and that first name is far from German....

Our offer was 10.5 Million, with all the usual "contact next of kin", his search for the next of kin "has proved abortive", asking for consent to be presented as the "Next of Kin/beneficiary", and that "all the legal documentations to back up my claim as the client's Next of Kin" shall be provided.

I was given the following contact information (which I never bothered using):

DIEZ ASOCIADOS & ABOGADOS
CALLE SAN JOSE ZURBANO 52, 28100 MADRID
Mr. Jose Antonio Lopez (Esq)
24 Hours Direct Tel: 011 34 672 897 623
Tel/Fax: 011 34 911 820 263
Email: joselopezes@gmx.com
Email:joselopezes1@gmail.com

I put as many relevent details in this message as possible, so that if anyone gets a letter similar to mine, and Googles it, that it may lead them to this messsage board. Nobody should be scammed by this, especially elderly people who are too trusting.

Unregistered
03-24-2011, 02:59 PM
I too have received the same letter at the end of February 2011 & I live in Australia. The details are exactly the same as the post previous to this one.

It is a shame that people actually believe these scammers.

I did some research about this "Diez Asociados & Abogados" & at the time it took me to an actual website, but I knew it wasn't legitimate and I have just tried it again tonight (hence finding these posts) & nothing is available, hopefully it has been shut down for good. None of this guys credentials were legitimate either as he/they are using free email addresses & there was NO such accident either. Another thing is the post mark on the envelope is from Portugal & this letter is supposed to come from Madrid??

It is amazing how these people try this ALL over the world. I ended up reporting it to our Australian Scam Watch.

Unregistered
05-28-2011, 06:35 PM
My husband just got a letter today in the mail from a “Luis Santiago Associates Abogados” in Madrid. Interestingly, the letter was posted in Pisa, Italy. It requested my husband to pose as the next of kin of a wealthy “client” of the law firm who has allegedly died leaving 7,500,000 Euro. The deceased “client” has the same last name as my husband. The “lawyer” requested that my husband be “presented to the bank as the next of kin” to avoid the money being confiscated by the government. The “lawyer” suggested that my husband contact him to get more details. His generous proposal is that after giving 10% of the money to charity the remaining 90% would be shared between my husband and the “lawyer”. Needless to say, we are not responding.

Today, 28 May 2011, my wife received a similar letter from the same "company", apparently a far away relative died in the Tsunami of 2004(!!!) leaving my wife $7.5 mio to inherit, same text as described in the other posts, regarding sharing of the inheritance etc. The letter we received was posted in Valencia.

Unregistered
10-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Just sent me same letter called me sounded legit but am glad I look into this greta scammers people beware..am in Canada

Unregistered
06-19-2013, 03:15 AM
I have just received a similar letter by post to-day, dated 06/06/2013

Supposedly from Dr Jaime Hernandez Obelart, the letter head is:
"Guerra Abogados", (desde 1942)

There is a web site for Guerra Abogados and it looks legit.

Same sort of bait is used as above.