PDA

View Full Version : Number of toilets in schools

Unregistered
09-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Is there a law governing the number of toilets per pupil in schools in Spain (Catalonia)? My daughter is in a new building and currently there are 275 pupils and 8 toilets. She is told she may only use the toilet during break (when I imagine the toilets are full). Is this healthy for kids?

aflores
09-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Is there a law governing the number of toilets per pupil in schools in Spain (Catalonia)? My daughter is in a new building and currently there are 275 pupils and 8 toilets. She is told she may only use the toilet during break (when I imagine the toilets are full). Is this healthy for kids?

Hello, this must be the most unusual query ever received in this forum, and for such reason I congratulate you! Normally this question will be better answered by a local architect as they are who know the building parameters in the area.

Unregistered
09-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your reply to my unusual question! In the UK there is actually a law about the number of toilets required per child (1 toilet for every 10 kids for children under 5 and those with special needs, 1 toilet for every 20 kids for over fives). There's even an organisation called "Bog Standard" which aims to improve toilet facilities in schools. It may sound crazy but I couldn't concentrate at work if I was desperate for the loo. Thanks for your help, I'll try the architect anyway!