PDA

View Full Version : Evection from apartment

Unregistered
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I have an apartment in torrevieja. During the summer holiday's I was approached by a committe member and myself and my 7 year old daughter were told to remove a very small ball from the pool ( we we're alone in the pool ) and if we did not take the ball out they were going to call the police and have us evicted from our apartmennt.

What are the laws regarding lilo's, balls etc in the pool and what are the rules re police coming to the pool and evection ? Can they close the pool ??

Many thanks

Ian

aflores
09-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Having a ball in the pool hardly seems like an activity for which you should be evicted! if they call the police I´m afraid that nothing will happen although it could well happen that they get so angry about people wasting their time that they take the "denouncers" into custody!

Jokes aside, we need to apply common sense and logic here because, although Community Statutes may say otherwise and ban having a ball in the pool, this prohibition cannot be upheld because it goes against no other than the...Spanish Constitution! A lilo, on the contrary, can be deemed as a more intrusive element and therefore a judge could consider that having these banned is in the interest of other residents.

It is difficult to establish where you freedom ends but think about it: it does when someone else´s is under attack and to that extent rules and regulations are approved. But is a 7-year old girl playing with a ball an "obnoxious, bothersome, vexatious or dangerous" activity, as per the Spanish law in the matter? Hardly!

Unregistered
09-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Many thanks for the reply.

Is there a Spanish Law that says that you cannot bring a ball into pools. I understand re the lilos - I know that there is a possibility of not seeing people underneath them and possibility of drowning.

The committee also do not allow children to play with footballs, bats and balls etc anywhere in the community even though there is room to do so.

I know there are community laws stating no balls etc, but can these be changed and how can this be done.

The president and committee are saying that it is Spanish Law and state that the police and administrators have said that this law cannot be broken and there can be no compromise on this issue.

Can you clarify further.

I await with interest your reply.