PDA

View Full Version : Documents for getting marriage in Spain

Unregistered
09-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Greeting to all.....Im not sure if Im on a right forum but I hope that somebody can help me. My girlfriend is from a Peru (she is a Permanent resident of Spain) and Im from Serbia (not EU country and I dont have any Spain papers). I would like to know is there some possibilitis that we can get marriage in Spain and what documents would I need for that, beacuse Spain is more romantic country to get marriage that it is a Serbia:)? Thanx a lot........

Patricia
09-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Hello,

Yes, you can certainly get married in Spain. Your girlfriend can make an enquiry at the Civil Registry of her home town in Spain and request a list of the documents needed in order to get married there.

The main requirements are that one of the individuals holds legal residency, and that you provide with official documents like the certificado de empadronamiento ( registration at the town hall) and the duly legalized and translated birth certificates of both of you, among others. In your particular case, you will also need to provide with a consular inscription as you would be a non resident on a 90 days visa.

Regards,