PDA

View Full Version : Deposit refunds on product purchase (not property).

erisaman
09-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I have been dealing with a throughly reputable, International company with a bona fide subsidiary in Spain. I had their representative visit my apartment and he explained a particular glazing system. We talked about an alternative system and we decided we'd order that - when the time was right.

A price was worked out and, although the representative told me I did not need to pay a deposit - as this was not the order, merely a price quotation - I felt it would do no harm to make an initial payment.

Shortly after, I discovered that the system we were going to order, did not fully comply with my requirements and, despite collaborating with the product manufacturer, we are still unable to have what we need.

I have contacted the subsidiary and apologised for the confusion, cancelling further meetings because the product designer had confirmed there was nothing they could do to improve the product, and have asked if I could have my deposit refunded - on the basis that there was no confirmed order, no materials had been purchased or prepared and that the deposit had not been requested to show intent on my part to proceed.

Am I likely to have problems getting this deposit refunded please?

erisaman
09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I'll now answer my own query as I've just come back from Spain - and am pleased to say that I had no problem having my deposit refunded.

Yes, there are reputable companies around :) .