PDA

View Full Version : arraigo

Unregistered
07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
been living and working (illegally) here in spain for more than 3 years now... they say im already qualified to apply for arraigo... i keep all the proof that ive been here for more than 3 yrs already like the payroll from my employer, the letters i received, my bank statements, money transfer receipts and the id card from my embassy. the only thing i dont have and they say the most important thing is the town hall registration which i failed to do when i first came here... is that really a very important document? can they consider other documents aside from that? thanx and more power!

Patricia
08-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Good Afternoon,

Even if the certificado de empadronamiento ( or town hall registration certificate) is a very important document to credit your continuous stay in Spain, it is not a basic requirement. If you have other documents to credit your stay in Spain for the last 3 years and are able to provide with the rest of the documentation required for the residency by settlement application, the empadronamiento will be one more document to credit your current status.

Regards,

Unregistered
09-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I entered Spain as a household staff of a foreign diplomatic person, hence, my residence permit was issued by the Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y Cooperacion (MAEC). I want to stay in Spain and work here after the tour of duty of my employer. Would I be eligible for arraigo after three years in Spain. Thank you very much. This website is very helpful for people like me.

Marta
09-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi,

Which type of permit were you issued by the Spanish immigration authorities?

Unregistered
09-07-2010, 02:39 PM
It is "Documento de Identidad Consular" issued by the Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperacion as "Criado Particular del (Name of Diplomat)". At the back of the card it says "El presente documento acredita la residencia del titular en EspaƱa." Thank you very much for your reply and any information that you could give. You are helping a lot of people like me!

Marta
09-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi

Unfortunately this does not explain much. Please contact me via our website's e-mail and scan me your permit documents so that I can have a look at them and find out the type of permit which you currently hold.