PDA

View Full Version : Temple Martins Abogados

Michael
07-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Good Afternoon, Not sure if you could help me or not, but I am seeking advice on how to go about to validate my particular situation and with much appreciation of your time, I sincerely hope you can point me in the right direction.

I had a pen-pal (via electronic letters and messages) from Spain (for a few months) that in my last correspondence with him (early April), he wanted to discuss something very important with me and he indicated that he was very ill. In early May, I received an email from someone indicating to be his lawyer who had notified me that my friend had passed away and I was identified as the trustee, sponsor, foreign business partner and authorized representative to my friends estate. My friend had authorized me to not only make claim to a deposit held in a trust company, but to also make any/all decisions regarding his real estate and to ensure his daughter finishes school. Furthermore, it was directed that when my friends daughter becomes the age of majority, I am to give her 50% of the total capital and interest.

After a few emails and telephone calls with the lawyer from the Lawfirm Temple Martins Abogados, I discovered that my friend had a deposit held in a trust company in Madrid (Gosord Investments) and this company has since asked me to come to Spain to sign the necessary transfer/notarization documents in order to claim this fund. I have received what appear to be official copies of the Death Certificate and Letter of Authorization and have also received a letter from the Investment Firm outlining the steps to take to make this claim. Would ou be willing to look at these documents? After attempting my own research, I was unable to find an Obituary and am faced with language barriers. Is there a way of verifying this information or do you know how I can go about to obtain a copy of my friends will? With the way the world economy is currently the fraudulent activity is most definitely on the rise and I just want something to prove that this is truly legitimate. Have you any idea on whom I can be in contact with?

ifv
07-22-2010, 10:25 AM
We receive so many queries about scams that we can easily identify them. This particular one can be classed as an inheritance scam. At some point the will ask you for money upfront to pay for alleged taxes, to bribe some official, etc.

The lawfirm you mention does not exist, it’s just a bogus company.

Their website is only a few months old:

Domain Name.......... martinsabogados.com
Creation Date........ 2010-04-21
Registration Date.... 2010-04-21
Expiry Date.......... 2011-04-21
Organisation Name.... Rico Blea
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

I have checked the documents you've sent me and I must say this is the most pathetic forgery work I’ve ever seen in my whole life. These guys can’t even use an online translation to get the wording right.

Please be assured this is nothing but a scam (419 advance fee fraud) and the people you have been dealing with are Nigerians.

Some useful information:

http://www.hotscams.com/categories/419-scams.html
http://www.419scam.org/419-penpal.htm
http://belegal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382
Please stay away from these conmen.