PDA

View Full Version : Can the tax office auction my parent's property for a debt which is not theirs?

Sean
07-03-2010, 11:11 AM
My parents have been threatened by the Spanisn Tax with repossession and the auction of their home, for a 63,000 euro tax bill they simply do not owe! It has been a big big mistake by the Tax people. The will not negociate with my parents and say there is no apeal or any way to stop the auction. Can you please clarify thier rights any any apeal they can make. Thak you.

aflores
07-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Dear Sean

This is the most bizarre claim I have ever heard, in particular where you parents are not aware of the nature of the claim! Regardless of this, I am sure your parents must be extremely stressed by this matter and we can therefore offer you, free from charge, to have a look at the tax document(s) and give you an opinion.

If on looking at the documents we conclude that your parents may owe the tax we will advise you so. If on the contrary it is clear that the claim is illegitimate we will inform you of the options your parents have and the chances of success.

You can email me or fax the document. If you do this today I should be able to email you by tomorrow.

Regards