PDA

View Full Version : car sale fraud, info wanted on jurado procedure

Unregistered
04-16-2010, 03:23 AM
a car that has been paid for in full and subsequently, at the owners' request, put up for sale by the same garage, has 'disappeared'. The garage has closed down, the one contact for it will not answer phone calls and will only text untruths to the owner of the car. On denouncing to the police this fraud, they informed the individual -my friend - that despite a signed contract and the making of full and final payment, the car was never transferred to her name. It would appear that the garage have sold it, kept the money and gone underground. The police in San Fernando (Gran Canaria, Maspalomas) have taken a full denuncia and say that the Jurado will be in touch with my friend and myself as interpreter.
I don´t understand the process, why the police aren´t seeking this man to interview him themselves and if in the Canaries it is the Jurado that decides whether to follow up with this kind of investigation. My friend has been asked to retain all text messages from the garage 'seller' as court evidence. Presumably if she wishes to try and get her money back that would involve a separate civil case which would have to await the outcome of the criminial trial if there is one. Can a lawyer or anyone knowledgeable about the system here explain the procedure? We are waiting to hear back from the 'Jurado' but they couldn´t tell us if or when they would call. theresacoe@gmail.com