View Full Version : Convert title

04-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Dear all,

I was advised by a friend to post my question on this forum since you have been very helpful to my friend.

My question is concerning validation of my law diploma. I hold a bachelor degree (LLB) in dutch law and in the Netherlands in order to work as a lawyer we need a masters degree (LLM) with a so called "civil effect". However I do not hold this diploma. I would like to know if whether it is still possible for me to convert my LLB to a spanish diploma in order for me to practice law here, or that i have to pass an exam in order to do this, or that it is not possible at all and that I need a dutch LLM first.

Regards and thanks a lot in advance.

Lawbird Lawyer
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Dear Sir or Madam,

We do not really provide advice on homologating degrees or studying law in Spain. It's a subsection of our forum aimed at those wishing to immigrate to Spain and the related queries they may have.

We have however replied to similar queries previously, please browse the following threads:

Studying Law in Spain (in Spanish) (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114) ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

homolgate your degree to spain (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769)

how can i study law master in spanish? (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699)

Studying law in Spain (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

I suggest you contact Spain's Ministry of Education (http://www.educacion.es/educacion/sistema-educativo/convalidaciones.html)which are the ones who will be homologating your diploma.

Yours sincerely,