PDA

View Full Version : spanish passport

mody
04-03-2010, 06:40 AM
hello.. i am married to pretty spanish lady in u.k as i am on student visa in the u.k come from egypt .. however i want to apply for the spanish passport but i cant leave the uk now becuse my studies.. is there is any way to get without staying in spain thnx

Marta
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Hello Moody,

In order to apply for Spanish citizenship based on marriage to a Spanish citizen, you will have needed to reside legally in Spain for one year.

Unregistered
05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
hi....
My father was worked at Madrid Spain for more than 10 years and now he is staying here in the Philippines..
I wanted to know if he is already a citizen in Spain?
Thanx
Ana Lea Santos

Patricia
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Hello Ana Lea,

The only way to know if your father has Spanish citizenship is by asking him if he has applied for it and the Spanish authorities eventually granted it; it is not an automatic process. If he never applied for it while in Spain, it will be in most probability that he still holds his former citizenship.

If your father used to hold legal residency during all those years, he is still in time to apply for the Spanish nationality if he intends to go back to Spain. You mention that he is now in the Philippines, but you do not confirm if he is a philippine national; if he was, he would have qualified for the Spanish nationality even earlier ( after 2 years of legal residency ). The legal residency status required for the Spanish nationality is immediate, that is, that he must have been a legal resident during the last 2/10 years, immediately before his application, and not a few years back, therefore, if he finally decides to apply for it, but planning to leave Spain and live abroad, he must file his application as soon as possible.

If you wish to contact me personally to discuss your fatherĀ“s case in detail, you can find my contact details below (in my signature).

Regards,