PDA

View Full Version : Oal Partners

Unregistered
03-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Hello. A family member has recently recieved a letter, claiming she is a long-lost relative of a deceased family member in Spain. The letter is from a Wrightson Ibiricu from OAL Partners. The website is [http://www.oalpartners.com] I was wondering if you could look up this law firm and let me know if it is legitimate or a scam.

Thank you.

Lawbird Lawyer
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Hello. A family member has recently recieved a letter, claiming she is a long-lost relative of a deceased family member in Spain. The letter is from a Wrightson Ibiricu from OAL Partners. The website is http://www.oalpartners.com/ I was wondering if you could look up this law firm and let me know if it is legitimate or a scam.

Thank you.

It is a scam as you suspected, yes.

They have cloned the website of legitimate Spanish law firm Dr Crespo:

http://www.drcrespo.com/

Yours sincerely,

Unregistered
03-17-2010, 10:06 PM
FYI I received the same letter in Canada, posted from Valencia 05-03-10.
Poor English, plain envelope (no letterhead) and it is an old scam - pretty obvious.
How far has this gone globally?
Any idea of how they generate their mailing list?

Unregistered
03-19-2010, 02:43 AM
My Mom just received a letter in Canada today from a Alejandro S Garcia. Great English but very basic letter if it really came from a lawyer

Unregistered
03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I received the same lettre at 19th march 2010, i lived in québec, canada. The letter talk about a deceased members in a Tsunami in 2007. I would like to know if is same for you. The letter was signed by Barrister Giselle Van Meer, from OAL Partners, and he called me saturday. But, it sound like a scam.

Unregistered
03-23-2010, 02:01 AM
I got the Tsunami letter here in BC, Canada. I work at a bank and I talk to people who fall for these all the time.

Unregistered
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Hello,

I wonder how these clammers take them to extract money from victims. In their letter they state that they charge no fee, only a percentage once the famous collective investment certificate.

What worries me is that the person contacted me by phone and he has my address, can they do anything with this information, like having access to my bank account, apply for credit cards in my name, etc..

Let me say that I live in Quebec. Moreover, how can we stop these scammers, is that justice can do something against them.

Best regards,

Unregistered
03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Hello,
I just received a letter from Barrister Golder Molnar of the OAL Partners S.L, Spain who also wrote about their client who has the same last name I do. I knew right away that it is a scam - there is no return address on the envelope, very poor English... I also worry about them having all this information that includes our addresses and legal names. 3 years ago we were scammed and lost almost $7,000.00. Now I get very panicking when I get something like this. Is there anything that can be done to stop those morons? Can those letters be tracked by FBI or Interpol? People loose thousands of dollars every year and if you check the statistics - every year the number of people that had been laid to grow dramatically. We all are willing to cooperate, let’s do something about it!

Unregistered
03-30-2010, 03:56 AM
I received the same letter in Michigan. There has got to be a way to stop these people.

Unregistered
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I live in Sweden and received the same one from a Barrister: Wrightson Ibiricu. I have done some research and they don't use the term "Barrister" in spanish law!! I'm waiting to receive a reply from the real law firm!

Unregistered
03-31-2010, 04:20 AM
oh well it would be lovely. we are in Australia and friends in New Zealand recieved one to. Obviously world wide.

Unregistered
04-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi! My husband got a same letter today! I opened it and my first thought was this is a swindle. A Flavio Hernandez sent, but he couldn't sign his e-mail originally, because that the handwrite type sing is printed, too.:-) And "funniest" part is the fifty-fifty sharing with him!:-)
But seriosly, I am really mad, that they don't any feelings using for their dirty works such a huge tragedy like the tsunami in 2004. Who will stop them? Maybe we, who get such a mail and don't contact them, if they are not finding loosers, after all keep up, I hope so. But I know it's very hard to resist temptation of the big money.

Unregistered
04-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I also received a letter from Gilbert Molnar at Oal Partners. Supposedly his client who has tons of money died in the tsunami and he has money in the vault that can only be retrieved with my help as I have the same last name (weird thing is that my last name is so rare especially for Spain). The bottom line: after I went along talking to him via email for some time, he requested that I must pay some court fee to verify my identity - so I guess that's how they get people. Any ways I am listing below all the names from Oal Partners website in hope that if any one else searches for these names on the internet they will come across this forum.
Alejandro S. Garcia
Giselle Van Meer
Gilbert Molnar
Flavio Hernandez
Wrightson Ibiricu
Sandra Payno
Alberto Carrunda

Unregistered
05-01-2010, 04:03 AM
Hi,

I received the same lettre at 19th march 2010, i lived in québec, canada. The letter talk about a deceased members in a Tsunami in 2007. I would like to know if is same for you. The letter was signed by Barrister Giselle Van Meer, from OAL Partners, and he called me saturday. But, it sound like a scam.

^*********************
LLOL I'm not along with this Barrister Giselle Van Meer.
But my "cousin" was dead on 2004..... llol that have to STOP !!!!
and on the end WE will laugh :-)

Good lock everyone and God Bless you All,
BUT
never forget God love you all !!!

Unregistered
05-09-2010, 03:10 AM
My sister in NY recieved a letter from Marcos Diego Asociados in Spain today (5/8/10) with the same information regarding a inheritance from a tsunami victim. Just wanted to let you know the scammer must have changed his name.
Thanks for the helpful information about the scam.

Anonymous
05-09-2010, 09:35 AM
My sister in NY recieved a letter from Marcos Diego Asociados in Spain today (5/8/10) with the same information regarding a inheritance from a tsunami victim. Just wanted to let you know the scammer must have changed his name.

My mother just received the very same letter from Marcos Diego Asociados, about a tsunami victim, who happens to be a business magnate in Spain for fifteen years. And I came across this page while researching whether it could be legit (having my serious doubts obviously).

We live in Denmark, for the record, so it's going around the world I'd say.

So I also came across their website:
http://marcosdiego.com/index.php

Which is an exact copy of the one you guys in here posted:
http://www.oalpartners.com/index.php

With minor text changes and a layout change. Another thing is;

Their whois, gives the exact same data as well, well close to;

http://www.whois.net/whois/oalpartners.com
http://www.whois.net/whois/marcosdiego.com

Anyway. I want to thank you guys for making it a lot easier to figure out that this was a scam, or rather the guy who posted about his sister just now.

Figured I owed it to you to share some of what I found. Good luck to whoever gets this.

Lawbird Lawyer
05-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Figured I owed it to you to share some of what I found. Good luck to whoever gets this.

Thank you for sharing.

As you correctly point out, they have ripped off the wording from legitimate Spanish law firm's website Dr Crespo (OAL Partners also did the same thing, probably the same person behind both):

Spot the Differences! (Disclaimer: no prizes shall be given!)

Dr Crespo's wording: (legitimate Spanish law firm)

http://www.drcrespo.com/company.asp

"Dr. Crespo & Partners, International Lawyers, SRL is an established and well-known firm. We can be found in the Costa Blanca, Spain, in the cities of Denia and Teulada-Moraira .

With a complement of lawyers, chartered accountants and qualified staff fluent in a number of languages, we offer a service geared to the personal needs of the individual client and offer service in all matters throughout Spain.

We are now forging stronger links with colleagues throughout Europe and thereby provide clients with accurate, sound advice on foreign systems of law. We are founders of the international group LEGAL21.

We pride ourselves not only on our personal service but also on our ability to respond immediately and effectively to a client's needs. We aim to recognise and eliminate potential problems before they arise.

Our objective is to achieve the best result for our clients, both residents and non-residents. We work closely with many other experts providing our clients with a comprehensive service.

The areas we cover are:

PROPERTY SERVICE . CONVEYANCING
COMPANY AND COMMERCIAL LAW
TAXATION
LITIGATION
PRIVATE AND FAMILY SERVICE. WILLS. SUCCESION LAW
FAMILY OFFICE

All files are kept in our offices and we pride ourselves on knowing our clients personally so that we can anticipate their needs and provide them with an efficient friendly service."

Bogus law firm Marcos Diego Associado's wording:

http://marcosdiego.com/The-Firm.php

"Marcos Diego Asociados, SRL is an established and well-known firm. We can be found in the capital Madrid, Spain, in the cities of Barcelona and Tarragona .

With a complement of lawyers, chartered accountants and qualified staff fluent in a number of languages, we offer a service geared to the personal needs of the individual client and offer service in all matters throughout Spain.

We are now forging stronger links with colleagues throughout Europe and thereby provide clients with accurate, sound advice on foreign systems of law.

We pride ourselves not only on our personal service but also on our ability to respond immediately and effectively to a client's needs. We aim to recognise and eliminate potential problems before they arise.

Our objective is to achieve the best result for our clients, both residents and non-residents. We work closely with many other experts providing our clients with a comprehensive service.

The areas we cover are:

•PROPERTY SERVICE . CONVEYANCING
•COMPANY AND COMMERCIAL LAW
•TAXATION
•LITIGATION
•PRIVATE AND FAMILY SERVICE. WILLS. SUCCESION LAW
•FAMILY OFFICE

All files are kept in our offices and we pride ourselves on knowing our clients personally so that we can anticipate their needs and provide them with an efficient friendly service."

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered
05-11-2010, 11:20 PM

I'm one more persone who recived the same letter from Marcos Diego Asociados yesterday.
My "relative" (same as mine, rare last name) was a " business magnate in Spain, for fifteen years" and he "died along with his family during the Tsunami catastophe" in 2004.
Letter was sign by Mr. Hugo Sanchez (esq.). He got my name through the USA public records.
Thank you for the information
Potential victim of the scam from Detroit, Michigan

Unregistered
05-12-2010, 01:04 AM
I live in British Columbia Canada and just received this wonderful letter today - obviously a scam but your website and this forum made it easy to verify - thank you

Lawbird Lawyer
05-12-2010, 09:14 AM
You are welcome.

Unregistered
05-25-2010, 02:04 AM
My dad received the same letter and wanted to call them to see what he had to do next. I got the letter from him and told him I would research it for him first knowing full well it was a scam. Nevertheless I appreciate the comments posted.

Unregistered
06-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Letter informing me I have a relative who died in Tsunami and left 12.8 million Dollars.
Exact same as other letters in forum.
Obvious scam but nice to google and have confirmed

Unregistered
06-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I got a letter today from Miguel Alonso asking me to share "my inheritence" with him as someone with the same, fairly unusual, surname died in the Tsunami!

Thank you to everyone that has posted on here previously, you have made it so easy for me to see that this is a scam.

It was nice to spend my share of the $6.4 in my mind whilst doing my house work this morning! Never mind - back to work on Monday!!

Unregistered
06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Definitely a scam. Received letter today about relative who died in Tsunami. Relative has never existed. WHat is the scam about? there was no request for money in letter.

Unregistered
06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I received today in the mail a letter from the above with the same statements, relative died in the Tsunami etc etc........ $6.4 Million etc etc........ same other details as listed below.

Unregistered
06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Get the same letter yesterday.Yes,at least i am millionaire.Ok let´s get serious.I´m sure that these people make their money.Greed is a strong emotion,able to shut off the brain.I think this is a case for Interpol.

Lawbird Lawyer
06-29-2010, 02:59 PM
They are targetting Australians and Canadians lately.

New Zealanders and South Africans up next in the roaster?

tigger
06-30-2010, 09:15 AM
We have just recieved the bogus "tsunami....dead relative.......12.8 million dollar.....long lost relative" letter. We emailed back saying it's been turned over to the R.C.M.P. for investigation, and that we hope he enjoys his time in jail with his hulking cell mate.

Unregistered
07-01-2010, 01:51 AM
I received the same letter today, june 30 2010. I had a good laugh about it knowing it was some sort of scam. I looked it up for giggles, and found you all. The scam has made it to Saskatchewan, Canada too. " Miguel Alonso " signed mine. there are all kinds of scum everywhere. All the best to you!

Unregistered
07-01-2010, 03:49 AM
received the same letter here in Australia on 30/06/2010 ,your website helped a lot about the scam thanks.Its signed ba a Miguel Alonso.

Unregistered
09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
hi my friend resived a letter today from dr crespo and partners with the same info that everybody else got. we live in sweden. are they know use the real law firms name*?

Unregistered
10-21-2010, 04:57 AM
just recived a letter outlining the same scam only it was from Lef and Associates.

Unregistered
04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Hello,
I live in the UK and have received what I assume is another of these scam letters today. It states that they could present me as the rightful next of kin to a certain Mr Fred Martin who left an un-willed $9.5 million fund.
I quote, "All the legal documentations to back up our claim as my client's next of Kin, I shall provide them."
If you google Dr Crespo, you get a legitimate firm - but I very much doubt this is the same firm?
Many thanks
Keith Martin

Unregistered
04-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Well there you go! In Australia the same letter was sent to me. It is virtualy identical to the info above except my surname used with Fred! The email was Raul Crespo and Partners SRL cresporaul@mail.com. Totally bogus and it even stated we must keep the letter top secret.

We were promised $9, 500, 000.00 USD as a next of kin to the client who passed away. the letter ws sent April Fools day too.

It came from Spain. Avenida Mediterraneo 3:1, E-03725 Teulada-Moraira, Alicante Spain.

Scammer Alert!

Unregistered
08-09-2014, 12:51 PM
I received the letter some time ago in Norway. Of course promising 9.5 mill dollars.
Identical to all of the letters I read about here.