PDA

View Full Version : where to get married?

Unregistered
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
hi marta,
im asian (staying here temporarily) and my boyfriend is from the UK but we are both living in spain at the moment . we are planning to get married this year. can we get maried here in spain or should we have to do it thru his or my embassy? which is the best way.

thanx
akiko

Patricia
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Hello,

It will all depend on where you wish to settle in the future. If you intend to stay in Spain, it is a good idea to get married here, as the marriage will be recognised by the Spansih authorities. It will anyway need to be registered in both embassies, of course.

It is important to make sure you have the right visa to stay in Spain at the time of marriage.

I hope this answers your question.

Patricia

2010RAGO
05-12-2010, 04:08 AM
We are faced with the similar situation my girlfriend and I are looking to marry in Uruguay because most of here family is there and I can travel there without a visa from Dominican Republic but she is a permanent resident of Spain.

We want to know if we married in Uruguay where if we can apply for family regrouping: do we submit the application and apply in Spain for such so that I may join my wife which lives in Spain and I which am a citizen of the Dominican Rep, may obtain my permanent residence in Spain and be able to work and live with my wife there too?
Thank you for any if not all your help on this issue..

Patricia
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Hello,

You can find my reply in this other thread, where you posted a query:

http://belegal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1148

Regards,