Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online


Receive our monthly newsletter and stay up to date!


Learn More about our newsletter!

How Much Tax on Rented Property

Tax Law

Antonio Flores Vila

24th of October 1999

Q. I want to rent out my Spanish property, and I live in the UK. Where should I pay tax on the income I derive?

Patrick McCormick

    A. If you live in the UK, then you are not resident in Spain for tax purposes. This means you are liable for Spanish non-resident income tax of 25% . This is declared once a year.
    The tax you pay is calculated on the gross benefit you obtain, without possible deduction, other than the income withheld by the letting company or real estate-agent when they pay you. Don´t forget you are now a business yourself, and therefore you will also have to add on 16% VAT to the rent, which shall be lodged with ?Hacienda? (Inland Revenue). Seek legal advice before you set up any business.

Featured Links: Apply for your Spanish NIE Number
© 1999-2019 Professional Ideas SL All Rigths Reserved - Copyright Notice    - Interesting Resources | Glossary | Terms of Use | Contact Information Contact Details    
Professional Ideas SL CIF: B92930627 - Tomo: 4505 - Libro 3414 - Folio 196 - Hoja MA-97033