Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

Default Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

This is the discussion thread for the article Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

--

Six britons arrested for Costa del Sol timeshare scam

By h.b. - Feb 2, 2009 - 12:28 AM

The six, a manager and five telesales operators have not been named.

National Police from Málaga have arrested six British people in Fuengirola for defrauding other Britons in the fraudulent resale of timeshare property in the province of Málaga.

The manager and five telesales operators offered timeshares on the Costa del Sol for one or several weeks across many years, for large amounts of money. It seems the same timeshare rights were resold to different buyers several times, according to a statement from the main police station in Málaga.

The case started after a complaint from a British person about a company based in AlhaurÃ*n el Grande.

The company used several different names and closed down, only to reopen in Fuengirola.

The six arrested will appear in court shortly.

Source: Typically Spanish

john smith

i have just had a fone call 4 actually from international global services a false name probably jessica hill .who after selling my tshare for an unbelievable price for me she say she wants a security deposit of 1300 euros returnable after the deal is done ha ha beware international global services another dodgy timeshare resale company .

Brenda Perth 27/10/09

Received phone call from IGS offering to sell my timeshare. Within a few days buyer was found offering to pay well over my asking price, but I had to pay 1300 Euros surity before the transaction could be completed. Would be refunded on receipt of deeds. Told them to take cost from the payment for timeshare but " according to Spanish Law this was not possible". You can probably guess I told her NO Way. I'm a tightfisted scot, after all!

Dear Madam,

We wrote an article almost a decade ago on this scam:

Timeshare resellers: Be careful! - 23rd August 2001

It's impressive how this scam just goes on and on from one decade onto the next.

Yours faithfully,
    Raymundo LarraÃ*n Nesbitt
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 10-28-2009 at 10:24 AM.

idiot

i too have been caught out and paid money to sell the timeshare and nothing has come about yet!! i now have contact with molina valero for tax that should have been paid in first year should i pay this or not? do advise me as it all seems genuine or is it i cant afford to loose £3500

Dear Sir or Madam,

Molina Valero is a scam, yes.

You have a thread on them here:

http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/foru...read.php?t=810

Unregistered

Default new scam company

new resale scam office openning on the costa it has 80 lines and will have two shifts the company name is COMPANY LAW it has been set up Del and Tracey Rainbow how many more times are they going to get a way with it

cbs enquirer

I have just had a very tempting offer of a very good price for my timeshare from International Global Services. Usual story of a buyer already interested. But this time they insist that there is no up front payment at all. I will receive the full payment before sending off the deeds by courier. Sounds too good to be true. Any advice or similar experience?

Unregistered

Take it with a pinch of salt. ..There will be a catch somewere. Ask yourself were do they get these so called buyers from ?

Naive Mike

Hello,
    I got scammed by Property Transfers S.L. around 10 years ago and lost ca. £600. My anger still burns and I would love to get even with Mr. Richard White or whoever they are.
    Regards
    Mike