Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Lawyers (Abogados) Inheritance scam

srh667

Default Spanish Lawyers (Abogados) Inheritance scam

I received a blank envelope in the mail that was postmarked in Portugal and had no return address on the outside. Inside was a paper with the name Antonio Ignacio Romero. The "law firm" name is A. I. Romero & Asociado, at Claudio Coello, 14,3" F 28001 Madrid, Spain.
    The top of the letter is in all caps and reads:

PRINCIPAL PARTNERS:
    ABOGADO DAVID MENDOZA VALENZUELA Telephone: (34) 911 011 046
    ABOGADO JUAN ZAMORA Mobile: (34) 634 079 850
    ABOGADO ROSE I. HERNANDEZ Fax: (34) 911 011 047
    Email: antonio@amgabogado.com

NOTICE OF BEQUEST
    On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr. David Granero, I Antonio Ignacio Romero once again try to notify you as my earlier letter returned undelivered. I hereby attempt to reach you again by this same address on the WILL.

I wish to notify you that Late Engr. David Granero made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Twnety two million five hundred thousand United States Dollars ($22,500,000.ooUSD) to you in the codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you as non of the family members seem to know you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were recommended to his by on eof his numberous friends abroad who wished you good.

Engr. David Granero until his death was a member of this European Federation of Engineering Consultance Associations. He had a very good heart and was a philathropist. His great philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his life time.

Late Engr. David Granero died on the 13th day of November 2010, at the age of 80 years, and his WILL is now ready for execution. According to him this money is to support humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society.

Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.

I hope to hear from you in no distant time through the email address, fax or phone number above.

Aside from the poor grammar, the letterhead was copied and had a cheap looking picture of scales and was not on bonded paper. I gave them my phone number and received a call the next day requesting I check my email. The person on the phone did NOT sound spanish, it was a gruff voice with a muddy accent( my guess is a Nigerian trying to do a spanish accent).

After a couple weeks of email and a couple more calls from what sounded like different people claiming to be Antonio telling me to check my email for more info they finally got to the scam. The lawyer gives you the name and number of a banker who will handle the release of funds. After talking to him I found that he sounded just like the other guys who called, gruff voice with a mixed up accent. They try to make you think they have a lot of money in a spanish bank for you and in my case they asked me to fill out an account form to open an account at that spanish bank. Of course the bank never heard of this person who claimed to be Sergio Alvarez. Of course they would open the account which needs to have 3,480 euros for a small account and up to 5,000+ euro for the deluxe account. The bank they used was Banco Caixa Penedes (which does exist) and he even had an email address that looked official; Sergio@caixapenedes-es.com (of course the actual bank email is just one letter off with and address of name@caixapenedes-esp.com). If you look up the webhost for these clowns they are hosted in LosAngeles and so was the caixapenedes-es.com site.

PLEASE DONT SEND THEM YOUR INFO. DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY, IT'S A SCAM, A FRAUD. THESE ARE CRIMINALS TRYING TO STEAL FROM YOU!!

And there it is. They have an account there at the bank that they expect you to fund and they take the money and run.

Unregistered

Thank you for posting this information as they are at it again except they are using a different bank-La Caixa, with contact name there as- Miquel Santos, and lawyers name- Barr. Frederick Smith. What a scam it is. They use the exact same letter with the few minor changes and they are persistent! These guys need to be caught befoe they get anyone elses money!

Unregistered

Default David granero scam

Hi. I have just received a text message here in the UK from the following mobile number 07979747613. It says I have been left inheritance funds from the late David Granero and can I contact their lawfirm at lawfirmfred@yahoo.com.hk. Well I knew it was a scam straight away as these scammers always use yahoo accounts, and I have never had any ancestors or relatives in Spain.

I replied saying F**k off you scamming B**tards! Do you think they will get the message!!

I then googled the name David Granero and came across this forum.

Unregistered

Angry Scam

Once again they tried to take us as FOOLSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I recieved the same letter as all of you became victims of. Someone needs to do something about this. My letter said the same thing as metioned above only with minor changes I wish I could put a stop to this nonsense they should be aprahended immediately.

Unregistered

I recently received a letter just like this except the name of the deceased was different. This is a scam for sure so discard these letters.

Unregistered

i have just received a email aswell today and also a text i asked for proof of his lawfirm and certificate looks like a kid has printef the cetifaicate had money left to me oh yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Unregistered

Default Scam

I have also received a text from a law firm called
    Lawfirmchambers@Dhimail.com I replied to the txt
    And they said the name Late Engr. David Granero had left
    me all this money. When I googled the name
    It came up with this forum, I gave them my address
    could anything happen?? We need to catch
    these scammers, I'm still e-mailing them at the moment,
    Lets catch these crooks out. Any help on how to catch them??

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have also received a text from a law firm called
    Lawfirmchambers@Dhimail.com I replied to the txt
    And they said the name Late Engr. David Granero had left
    me all this money. When I googled the name
    It came up with this forum, I gave them my address
    could anything happen?? We need to catch
    these scammers, I'm still e-mailing them at the moment,
    Lets catch these crooks out. Any help on how to catch them??
    Dear Beneficiary
    Thank you for providing me with the required information to proceed*
    with the execution of the WILL and last testament of my Late client*
    Engr David Granero. It will interest you to know that we have crosschecked*
    the information you sent and it actually matches what we have in our*
    records. I am attaching a copy of my call to bar certificate to prove my legitimacy*
    Being the beneficiary to this WILL, I wish to acquaint you with the*
    procedures involved in the execution of the Will . Since your information
    tallies with what we have in our records, the information will be taken to the*
    High court of Justice immediately for confirmation after which the court will*
    issue you the indemnity transfer of rights and privileges. This legal document*
    will confer on you the beneficiary rights in relation to the investment as stated in
    my late client's will.
    Once the legal document has been issued, I will take it over to the probate office*
    and apply for a letter of administration. The probate office will then contact the*
    holding/security deposit bank to furnish them with balances on my late clients*
    account where applicable. This final balance is what we will put in the application.*
    This application will then be placed on the notice board for 48 hours. This is to*
    enable any member of the public who has a query against our claim to do so.*
    Once this is done successfully, you will be issued a letter of administration
    for the holding/security deposit bank to release the funds to you.*

I will not be sending you any copy of the Will although all these documents are for your*
    own perusal but *it is supposed to be served by the court bailiff to the*
    holding bank, and therefore you are not supposed to have a copy of it until the*
    bank sends the hard copy to you after the funds rights on the investment has*
    been transferred to you. Got your number from your *mobile provider after*
    we did an extensive personal search for you.
    I want to use this opportunity to remind you of the reason why my late client
    left these funds in your care. It is to carry out humanitarian services to assist*
    the poor and needy in the society. You may wish to set up a charity foundation
    or organization in the name of my late client to help the less privileged in your*
    country and I sincerely believe you will do just that.*

I will inform you as soon as the indemnity transfer of rights and privileges has been
    issued by the High Court. *Please acknowledge the receipt of this email and if you have*
    any questions please endeavor to ask. Acknowledge the receipt of this email.
    Thank you once again and have a nice day.
    Barr Frederick Smith Esq

This is another email they have sent me me

Unregistered

Default The scammers now Send Txt messages!!!!

I got a txt message this morning that i got so much money and bla bla. It was clearly a scam. So just a heads up they are sending txt again!!! Plus the use you number or something to fin your last name. I google the phone number and it's registered in Los Angeles. hopefully someone can catch these bastards !!!!!

Default This is the content of the letter I received

I got a very similar letter via mail. I try add all the content here, so that whoever gets a letter like this will easily find a reference.

MIGUEL ZAMORA . SL Y SOCIO
    CARRER DE BALMES, 198 - 211, 08006 BARCELONA, ESPANA

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx

Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day.

Let me start by first introducing myself properly to you. It may surpris you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Migel Zamora.
    (Abogados Espana) personal Attorney to late Mr. Emmanuel Barbera

My purpose of contacting you is for you to help secure the funds left behind by my late client, to avoid it being confiscated or declared serviceable by the Bank Where this fund valued $12,500,000.00 (Twelve Million Five hundred thousand US dollars) deposited by my client before his death.

This bank has issued me a noice to contact the next of kin or the account will be declared serviceable and the fund diverted to the bank treasury. So far all my efforts to get hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive. Hence, I have contacted you. I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Bank as the Next of kin/beneficiary of my late client's fund, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to your account.

All the legal documentations to back up your claim as my client's Next of kin I shall provide them. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us achieve this transaction.

I wish to point out that I want 10% of this money to be shared among the charity organizations, while the remaining 90% is shared equally between us. This proposition is entirely 100% risk free. I will use my position as the client's attorney to guarantee the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please contact me via

Tel: +34-9317-61006 / Fax +34 - 93-54-574 - 49 Or e-mail:
    info@bccabogado.com / abogado0es@gmail.com

http://www.bccabogado.com

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will helpyou understand this transaction well.

The intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any infraction of the law.
    However, if this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology.
    If on the contrary you wish to achieve this goal with me, kindly get back to me with your interest for further explanation.

Best Regards
    Mr. Miguel Zamora
    (ABOGADOS ESPANA)