Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Non payment of Community Fee by developer

Default Non payment of Community Fee by developer

Dear Sir/Madam
    We are looking for some advice on the following.

Our community is in its second year (so still learning), there are a total of 25 units within our urbanisation on La Finca Golf, Algorfa, Costa Blanca.

5 of the units are unsold and are owned by the delevopers (Quara).

The problem we are having is that the developers are not paying their fees , we have a 20% late payment penalty fee, but this does not seem to be encouraging the payment.

Because of this non/late payment, the community will be in a situation where there are inssufficient funds to pay the monthly outgoings in 4 months time!

The community had an EGM where legal action was voted for against the developers, so far this has been in the form of a burofax, with a 15 day response (which has now elapsed).

What I would like to know is what happens next, after the burofax etc, and what costs may be involved.

I know your probably say that our administrators should answer all this, but they were recommended by the developers, and they dont seem to be acting very quickly.

I look forward to your response

Dear Madam,

You will now need to enforce your legal threat and sue them.

The costs vary depending on the amounts claimed and what you agree with your lawyer. A standard legal fee for this service would be approx 4,000€.

Yours faithfully,