The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Default Creditors Meeting

?????
    You are a lawyer (apparently)
    PROOF OF DEBT
    Just because someone pays money to another party does not prove a debt. You need to look at the contracts involved and the implications around the status of the party to whom you paid the money to.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ?????
    You are a lawyer (apparently)
    PROOF OF DEBT
    Just because someone pays money to another party does not prove a debt. You need to look at the contracts involved and the implications around the status of the party to whom you paid the money to.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes I'm a Spanish lawyer. I would kindly ask you to mind your tone.

I'm only trying to help here. I'm quoting what the letter states, that's all. I'm not familiar with English law or its terms. For us it is different.

As stated previously, if in doubt we've provided the contact details of the Insolvency Procedure to clarify and query. We are unable to assist further as this relates exclusively to English law and must be dealt with by English lawyers.

I trust you understand.

Unregistered

Default Creditors Meeting

Apologies.
    I did not intend that to come across as rudely as it appears.

I have spoken to the OR and barristers and there is real doubt as to whether people who entered into contracts with the developers are actually creditors of Ocean View.

I thnk it may be a while before a properly argued opinion is forthcoming form a court.

Not to worry, I understand its a very stressful situation many of you are undergoing.

Unfortunately we've only been able to represent a handful of OVP clients because OVP never managed to prove the funds had been sent over to Spain, to the developer's account, despite all the repeated requests from their own clients to do so.

The whole court case in Spain would hinge on us proving that. The only thing clients could provide us were the blue hard paper receipts of payment to OVP which was insufficient.

Which is why we've had to turn down countless OVP clients because they were unable to prove (or OVP was unable to) that the deposits had been transferred over to Spain.

Unregistered

Dear Lawbird lawyer,

Have you not contacted Staffordshire police for the copy of the bank statement which shows millions being transferred. It's been pretty easy to prove, it just takes so long through the courts.

Also have you heard what investigations are taking place in Spain? I heard that some officials from fraud/police departments were having various meetings in Spain.

Hope you can shed some light on the Spanish investigations.

Thank you.

Unregistered

Default OVP

I have been viewing comments on this forum along with the eye on spain link for a while and know exactly what you are all going through.
    As an investor from Northern Ireland i am no longer going to sit and feel sorry for myself about being duped by these people.
    Like many others i have contacted the Insolvency Service and The Economic Crime Unit and i have also contacted my local MP with the names and addresses of the known IFA'S and representatives of OVP in N. Ireland and their activities.
    At the very least, after a police investigation, these people should be made known as they should never again be allowed to con innocent victims with their bravado, false promises and blatant lies.
    I would encourage other investors to do the same and allow our political representatives to put pressure on the necessary agencies to find out the truth.
    From a personal level, all i ever asked for was contact and honesty from the people who sold me these apartments. If this had occured i perhaps may have had more sympathy for them. However persistent failure to answer calls or e-mails for months on end and receiving hefty commissions for apartments that never had a building license is certainly not morally correct and i would imagine legally wrong.
    3 years of anquish, mental turmoil, depression, financial ruin and extreme anger has to end if my family are to attempt to return to some form of normality.
    All those involved, in my opinion and experience, have questions to answer and fast.

Unregistered

Default OVP

sorry Orla
    my number is 028 38362005
    Beverley

Unregistered

Default OVP

having spoken to the insolvency service this morning, bank transfer documents and written confirmation from OVP that these funds were received, in relation to an intended purchase with the apartment address included is sufficient proof of debt.
    I am trusting the insolvencey service is giving out correct information.
    I would be very interested in speaking to anyone else in Northern Ireland regarding this, my telephone number is in the above post
    Beverley

Joey123

Default OVP

I think the focus has to be placed firmly on the activities of CT, JKS, MB, BP and possibly SJ. Mainly CT. Someone was happy to disgregard the promise, verbally and in writing in my contract, for the deposts money (in full) not to be held in a "client account" until the build licence was granted. This was solely the decision of those at O*P (the company at Long**n Hall). I think they alone got us into this mess. Not anyone else. the focus needs to be in their illegal activities and the shortcomings in legal work which allowed us to be exposed to this fraud. They alone controlled the money and used these assurance of funds being protectend and held in client accounts to use people to con their clients out of substantial monies.

Hounding the agent (other than AS/Z***th) I feel might possibly be unfair. Although I would expect them to be firmly fighting your corner and backing you up as they were peddling the false promises (probably on trust) of O*P who did not honour this agreement. Mine is currently helping me to some extent, but not enough. O*P seemed happy to fob us off and give so called insurance policies to protect us which were not in anyway going to do that. I'm not sure why I feel the need to hide identities (more to help the administrator) but you all know these are anyway.

Regards
    Joey123

Unregistered

Can anyone tell me if they successfully transferred their deposit from EBCC to the Moroccan development at Tafedna? i received and signed contracts but held back when i was promised repayments of my deposit (50k) starting back in Feb. This of course never happened but I'm wondering do the Moroccan contracts still hold good?
    Rose