Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Default Ocean view properties scam (espopona )

I see there is no update for a couple of years now ? what is the latest developments on this , I invested 90,000 euros into this ?

Unregistered

Default Moi

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I see there is no update for a couple of years now ? what is the latest developments on this , I invested 90,000 euros into this ?
    It seems the scum have got away with it , CT still got his mansion , two properties In Aberdovey businesses In His wife's name amazing isn't it

Unregistered

Is it not possible for Lawbord to create a forum so that those impacted can discuss with each other?

Unregistered

Default Ocean view properties

Have got a few clients who invested in Spanish property through OVP and have all lost money and are still looking to get some or all of it back through the Spanish courts or the FSCS .
    We have made contact with a Spanish law firm who have recently been successful in recovering lost deposits for individuals who suffered losses investing through OVP.
    It is vital if you intend to try and recover lost monies, that you have all correspondence and documents relating to the transaction. This will greatly help your case.
    Most firms do it on a no win no fee basis but be very wary of firms who ask for an upfront payment before they get involved with your case.

Default Ocean View Properties

Have got a few clients who invested in Spanish property through OVP and have all lost money and are still looking to get some or all of it back through the Spanish courts or the FSCS .
    We have made contact with a Spanish law firm who have recently been successful in recovering lost deposits for individuals who suffered losses investing through OVP.
    It is vital if you intend to try and recover lost monies, that you have all correspondence and documents relating to the transaction. This will greatly help your case.
    Most firms do it on a no win no fee basis but be very wary of firms who ask for an upfront payment before they get involved with your case.
    Hello. We have had several cases that have been resolved through the Courts, favourably for our clients. These cases were filed before the new 2016 Supreme Court ruling and are based on a bank guarantee granted for the development known as Manilva Costa.

OVP also sold the Estepona Beach and Country Club, a failed development where the developer, Ricardo Miranda, did not even own the land nor had a project. Miranda is currently indicted in a criminal case in Madrid, as a result of a mega fraud affecting hundreds of investors in this development as well as a larger one in the Dominican Republic and Morocco.

The difficulty with establishing the liability of a Spanish bank is proving that OVP did use an account in Spain, and not just dilapidated the funds in the UK, as it appears they did with a larger portion. I am happy to discuss further with you at your convenience.
    Antonio Flores
    Abogado/Lawyer
    Lawbird Legal Services | Contact Me
    Instagram | Read my Blog

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by aflores View Post
    Hello. We have had several cases that have been resolved through the Courts, favourably for our clients. These cases were filed before the new 2016 Supreme Court ruling and are based on a bank guarantee granted for the development known as Manilva Costa.

OVP also sold the Estepona Beach and Country Club, a failed development where the developer, Ricardo Miranda, did not even own the land nor had a project. Miranda is currently indicted in a criminal case in Madrid, as a result of a mega fraud affecting hundreds of investors in this development as well as a larger one in the Dominican Republic and Morocco.

The difficulty with establishing the liability of a Spanish bank is proving that OVP did use an account in Spain, and not just dilapidated the funds in the UK, as it appears they did with a larger portion. I am happy to discuss further with you at your convenience.
    We also have a client who bought in the Dominican through OVP and paid 3 deposits of £60,000 to them. Do you think he has any chance of recovering this monies.

Unregistered

We also have a client who bought in the Dominican through OVP and paid 3 deposits of £60,000 to them. Do you think he has any chance of recovering this monies.
    On the point of how much if any of the deposits were deposited with a Spanish bank, I have been told in many of the cases 50% of the deposits were put into the banks. As you said earlier there was the question of how many deposits were not deposited with a Spanish bank. That is something that nobody will find out.

Unregistered

Thanks Antonio for taking the time to post on the forum. It is good to see that investors are still taking an interest in this case. I just can't believe it is taking so long to get resolved, how can so much money just disappear with no trace. Surely Miranda's assets should have been frozen whilst this is going through the courts.
    I really hope that these criminals pay for their crimes on a grand scale.

It would be good to keep this forum alive, it's the only way we are able to communicate with each other. I did think that a private Facebook group would be good, but difficult to get everyone genuine investor added.

I invested with OVP in 2006. Estepona Beach. Since 2009 I have tried in vain to get help. I have had my case with FOS for 2 years but they appear to be stalling making a decision about the incorrect financial advise I was given at the time by an IFA.
    I would love to know if anyone has infact had any success or any test cases have been set as a precedent for us to move forward.
    I agree with the above poster that we all should attempt to join forces again and put pressure on anyone who can provide answers, especially as to why Directors still appear to live the high life at our expense and hardship.

Unregistered

Sami J - I know that the largest group of investors are all with Antonio Flores at Lawbird. I am not sure if it's too late to join but it might be worth a call to them. I also agree it would be great to have a group set up of investors just so everyone can talk through concerns.

This investment has turned out life upside down and for that reason we won't rest until one of these crooks pay for their crime.