Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Hi Have heard this afternoon off our solicitors Quinn have refused indemnity and the Dwf(Crutes)will. No longer be acting for them.Cant believe this,apparantley have come up with no reasons why Leslie Alberici and partner have not been indemnified,but reading that SDT report there did not seem to be any mention of fraud,
    Also people who won there case with the legal complaints service £15000,are also not being paid out by Quinns.
    Surely they should not be allowed to get away with this,and people who are awaiting an outcome,we should get together and retaliate against this decision,especially as we have had no reasons.
    Quinns you are out of order here,pay up,or you will find that you will certainly not be getting a good name in the uk,not that you have one anyhow!

Unregistered

To the previous poster, my legal knowledge is not the best but are you saying the case has been to court, you won and they are refusing to pay? I would imagine legally they wouldnt have a leg to stand on if that's the case. Too many people have already had success, so those who haven't should not give up, continue the fight!

Unregistered

Default Thank you for your encouragement

Hi No it has not been to court,altough one person as been paid out on a test case,After the the full report came out from. The solicitors disciplanary tribunal,there was no mention of fraud,so they have just said they are not indemnifying Aberici and that no further correspondence will be entered into.
    Our solicitors have passed this information on to us,and of course it has caused a lot of negativity.
    Our solicitors has wrote to Quinns looking for explanations.Anyone know anything else,I know there are quite a few solicitors involved in this,surely they can all get there heads together on this one.
    And yes I agree,let's get them in court.

Any comments will be welcome

Unregistered

Ok, surely now then your solicitor will just issue proceedings against Alberci and get your money through the courts. That is my understanding. Is Alberci still working as a solicitor? I know there are lots that have received their money through out of court settlements, they have also signed confidentiality agreements which prevents them discussing with others. The professional negligence route is the best way forward for most, but there is also a Spanish solicitor that is taking the OVP directors and Miranda through the courts in Spain.

Unregistered

XX is Bankrupt,so that's a waste of time.ithikwe have to fight on with this and not just accept Quinns decision,she did not do her job correctly as a solicitor,signed herself as a solicitor,and did not give us. Correct legal information,surely the Law Society should intervene with this.
    Last edited by ifv; 06-25-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Removal Request

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    XX is Bankrupt,so that's a waste of time.ithikwe have to fight on with this and not just accept Quinns decision,she did not do her job correctly as a solicitor,signed herself as a solicitor,and did not give us. Correct legal information,surely the Law Society should intervene with this.
    Grant Thornton were the administrators of Quin insurance prior to its sale out of administration to its new owners charging 400k euros fee a month and 1.5 mill when it was sold.They would have been part of the process in judging on these cases.

Unregistered

Very baffling the way they was bought into these two operations,especially as I know Butcher Woods were the first people bought into OVP as the liquidators,then suddenly Quinn going into administration
    Grant Thornton became involved with this operation as well definatley food for thought.
    Many people wll not let this lie,to much money has gone missing and spent out with various lawyers ,trying to recover hard earned money,also Spain have got a lot to answer too has well,they could never be trusted again,regarding property developments,especially as so many people have been let down and conned

Unregistered

Does CT sill live in his big house in Yoxhall or has he moved to social housing on benefits as a bankrupt? Any news on the others either?

Unregistered

Just hope someone has strung them all up from the top right down to XXX XXX and his cronies
    ,hopefully they will not be allowed to get away with what they have done,they have robbed every hard working person,who hoped to make a little good with there pension money or a little spare equity in there homes,we are one family who are now really struggling,and have done for the last few years,since all this blew up in our faces.
    First thing it as taught Us,never trust anyone again,even a solicitor!
    I hope they all go to prison for a very long time,and yes there partners should also take some blame as well,what's it like spending money that truly does not belong to you,the next pound you spend or invest,think about the people who you have robbed it from.
    Always remember has my parents instilled in me,money that you have not worked hard for,will never bring you any happiness.
    Last edited by ifv; 04-26-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Removal Request

Unregistered

how funny, they still watch the forums like a hawk ( I am assuming)! "Posting edited!"

Not guilty?