Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Joey123

Default Last poster

Well done on your success - can you recommend a good solicitor?

Unregistered

Default Suing the solicitor

Which solicitor did you win your case against. Initials will do. I am suing my solicitor for neglience and i could do with a confidence boost because I am fighting this on my own and I am afraid of high costs if i loose. Was it JO or CUK you won against.

PS hope your husband gets better soon.

Unregistered

Default paul

I started this post in 2008 I have suffered severe debt lost our home and savings the lot ! and ended up being put up by friends until i could get my/our life back on track at least a little . Still with severe debt If anyone can contact help me particularly the people who managed to get their funds returned . We used JO who had placed extra safeguards on our deposit (he said) that the funds would be safe. He had negotiated in 2008 a refund to be paid monthly which OVP never followed. If those people could tell me, who they got the funds from ! and who, how to pursue it ! It would help us partly recover and clear some of our debts. Let me know and I,ll Private message you.
    Paul

Joey123

Default Paul

There is no private message facility here is there? Try posting the query on Eye on Spain under Estepona Beach and Country Club and you can do private messaging there.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Joey123 View Post
    There is no private message facility here is there? Try posting the query on Eye on Spain under Estepona Beach and Country Club and you can do private messaging there.
    Hello Joey123. Welcome back. In answer to your question, yes, there is private messaging, you only have to register. This facility is not available for unregistered users.

BTW, for the sake of transparency, I have changed your previous 154 posts into your nick, as you never know who is behind the 'Unregistered' nick, or what their true motives are.

Regards

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bankcrupt in name only!! At this very moment, extensive refurbishment and modernisation works are being carried out and have been for the last six months at his home in Yoxall. The work carried out is apparently amazing and is all being done in preperation for the property to be sold as one of the premier homes in Staffordshire.
    They then plan on moving to something quite substantial in Devon.
    I have also heard he is buying his son Max his own home as the poor thing doesn't want to move South.
    Bankcrupt?! You are having a laugh, or should I say he is!
    For God's sake do something.
    Where have you found this information, are you close with the family?

As requested, I can help you Paul. Please get in touch asap. Try not to lose hope just yet... x

Unregistered

Morning. I heard that Miranda was due in court in Madrid last week. Has anybody heard any update following his appearance? Seems to of all gone very quiet.

Default Court appearance

Below are responses to an email requesting an update:

1. Miranda`s lawyer submitted a motion to suspend the hearing arguing that he has not been served the correct documentation by the Courts. The Judge accepted it and suspended the appearance, on the following Monday. Because the Court was on duty on Sunday (24h), and as a result of the Court official taking a day off on Monday, he only served us on Tuesday and we did not get it on time, hence our wasted trip. This is unusual, to say the least, but not unheard of: the problem is when one needs to travel.

2. There is no change in the Court case, and it will not avert him from having to come again. The Judge was in fact ready for the interrogation (as he only does this on Wednesdays).

3. Miranda has to be appear in Court, and he will be cross-examined thoroughly, and the Court is keen to proceed with the case. It is a large case with a media component and the Judge is naturally under more pressure, and has already suffered some delays.

4. This is rather strange and these individuals are being accused and are not mere witnesses. If this is the case, however, we would be present in the Courts in the UK to cross-examine them. I am not clear about how would the Judge and Prosecutor deal with this but as I say, I find that the Court official was probably thinking as them declaring in a capacity as witnesses.

5. The fact that the hearing was suspended means that the paperwork was not delivered to him correctly. If he fails to turn up next time and has no valid excuse (only grave disease can be used as a reason to not appear in Court), the Court may issue and search and arrest warrant.

As far as the Courts are concerned, this is surely seen as a delaying tactic, even if he may have had a valid excuse. When you are summoned by criminal Courts and you have nothing to hide, you make sure that you declare as fast as possible so as to get it out of the way soon. To the extent that Miranda’s lawyer used this trivial excuse, no matter how rightful the petition was from a procedural point of view, the general feeling is that he does not want to get into the substance of the matter, as he presumably has no genuine excuses and is afraid to be confronted by lawyers, the Judge and a Prosecutor.
    Antonio Flores
    Abogado/Lawyer
    Lawbird Legal Services | Contact Me
    Instagram | Read my Blog

Unregistered

So if Miranda is found guilty how does this effect those who lost their money? Can they try to recover funds from him?