The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Joey123

GT update letter - will be posted Monday now

Unregistered

Default Ocean View

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have one of the poor human being who came into contact with xxxx xxxx. I have been a recent victim on a Bulgarian property scam. Yes, sold apartment that do not exist! Pity I did not do a search on him or I would have found out that he is a fraudster. From what I have read he seems to be doing these cons for a long time now. I can't believe that he has been allowed to get away with these scams for so long.

Since I have been a victim, I have noticed that he has been selling raffle tickets for a bogus charity and he is now operating under Advantage Africa.
    I know someone who worked for Mr xxxx. they were treated very badly apparently. I have been told that he is on Facebook
    Last edited by ifv; 02-09-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Name removed upon request

Unregistered

What about the GT newsletter promised for Monday (yesterday)?

Joey123

Good news - the GT update letter is going out today - not Monday - definately should have by Friday - Yawn!

Joey123

Default GT update - EBCC

had mine today - a bit speechless - which is rare (but not for too long)

This conversation with the SFO had better be going well! They need to be punished for this. Locked up! It was clearly stated in documentation my "solicitor" sent to OVP the money was to be held separately and not sent to Sungolf until the Buld Licence was granted - it was not. They stole it. they lied about it.

So, Antonio / Raymundo - what do you make of this in context with M Costa action? Can you ask for the email and verify its adquacy as a link for a claim, please?

Is it genuine? Does it stack up?

Why unsigned? Millions of pounds involved. Was it sent to OVP for signing and not returned relying on so called unilateral signitures of contracts that seem to exist as being binding (if they are) in Spain? No one has signed contracts. How the hell can that be?

The level of money taken from OVP to other entities is staggering.

Unregistered

Default Re ebcc

I am not a creditor of OVP according to update letter but of Sungolf. Surely this is a good thing as at least they have assets. Totally dont know where i stand or what to do next. Anyone out there with any advice or guidance.

Unregistered

Default Re Grant Thornton Update

I have received the update today and read it carefully. I think that this document will be disappointing and upsetting to many investors on EBCC and Gardens of Manilva who have now been told after 18 months of investigation that they are no longer considered creditors of OVP.

I don't know the exact numbers of investors involved in this category, but it must be in the hundreds. In fact, it is probably most of the investors who are victims of this fraud. It seems that they have been excluded on what is virtually a technicality based on the opinion of Grant Thornton's solicitors. I would imagine that this would leave a much diminished pool of creditors who are now considered to have a legitimate claim on any residual monies.

Anyone who has original documentation from OVP which states that their payments would be held securely in a bond or escrow type account should pursue creditor status with OVP without delay.

If we are now creditors of Sungolf we will have to prove that money was paid to them and was misappropriated. It seems to me that Grant Thornton imply that monies paid by OVP to Sungolf were returned and I think Sungolf would strongly defend any claims. Are we supposed to sue them for Breach of Contract instead? I think that GT are clutching at straws here in a vain attempt to throw us a crumb of comfort which will surely be a hopeless cause. I note that we are also advised to consider pursuing compensation through the route of incompetent legal advice we received. It is an option - but be careful as the OVP 'cottage industry' will now start to develop.

Many other thoughts occur and points to make. Why is there no mention of the transfer to Tafedna Bay which affects many EBCC investors? I think many investors have genuine documentation from OVP which states that their money has been moved to this development. How could OVP put this in writing to us if they did not have the money to move around? It means that they still had our money, therefore we are still creditors of OVP. If they did not have the money then this is a criminal act to mislead investors and is strong support for a case of fraud. Many of you will have this documentation.

It is very obvious from the report that money was being 'diverted' in to other companies which had OVP managers as their 'directors'. There were also large payments made to other individuals who had not earned it through any substantial work for OVP. This is YOUR money as indicated within the report. To be fair to GT they have done well to track this down and I wish them well with the claims they are pursuing. I trust that this type of information has been brought to the attention of the Serious Fraud Office by GT and has formed a major part of their discussions at meetings.

A very disappointing day on the whole. It seems that those of us who invested in good faith and actually put money into this may now see that money shared out as some kind of dividend to those who originally contributed nothing or those who have relatively minor claims. We should all think about who are the potential winners here. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'No win... No Fee'.

My first post - but I felt I had to respond today. I will post more soon.

Never give up.

Joey123

Default GT reliance on email and unsigned contract

I am sure as said GTs solicitors would have given an opinion on the standing the email and unsigned contract referred to. I will certainly be asking my solicitor to examine this.

Can it be traced to the source computer it was sent from? Was it obtained from forensic examination of the hard drive of a computer situated undisputably within the offices of Sungolf, or proved some other way. If this is a from a hard copy "found" I would like a second opition on the validity of this document.

Why is JKS not treated as a director - he seems to have played a heavy involvement in OCP?

Joey123

Unhappy EBCC injustice

* have most people resigned to writting this off?
    * I think we needed to up the level of contact with Staff Police here to be bringing action. Are these people to get away with this?
    * Reliance on an unsigned document to me is not helpful - suggest all EBCC victims ask their solicitor to contact GT to request copies for evaulation
    * Are these people still in business elsewhere - make sure the authorities know anything that is found out

Come on everyone, don't put up with this terrible treatment. We need action from the police - I know GT say they are liaising, but lets get pressuring them. No property - money to be held in a safe account pending the build licence - get all supporting evidence sent to GT. Get a response from them. Get the police to act. £34M NICKED FROM EBCC PEOPLE ALONE!!

I don't think GT have to report back to us for another year - don't sit back and do nothing.

Unregistered

I have spent today speaking to various legal sources and the info I received confirms exactly what I originally thought.

In order for GT to write EBCC customers off the creditor list, they would have to provide hard evidence that all of the deposits, all 34 million of it were transferred to Sungolf and show that it was never returned to OVP.

GT also have a legal responsibility to raise concerns with the SOCA due to the scale of the fraud.

I appreciate that GT cannot give us all of the information as it may have an impact on the investigation, but I seriously hope they dont just think that they can tell EBCC investors that the money has just gone with no explanation.

This is a crime on a massive scale and needs serious attention to make sure that all involved with the investiagtion know what they are doing.