Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Information for all estepona beach clients who used leslie alberici of conveyancing uk

You should be sueing her practice and registering a claim against Quin insurance where you will have an excellent chance of recovery of funds.But here is a twist Quins only way of riggeling out of this is if they can prove that she intended to defraud us which i do not believe she did .But on checking, Quin are in administration and Grant Thornton are the joint liquidators so they are in the shoes of the directors just as they are with ocean view a little bit of conflict i think.The insurance company controlled by GRANT THORNTON will not want to pay out .Lets see how it plays.

Unregistered

Default Im still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) Legal advice - if you have not sought any then you may wish to know some are making claims against a solicitor who was recommended to them by OVP. An option. A bit of reasearch will find some named solicitors acting who you can speak with;

2) When a company goes into liquidation, if you feel you are owed money by it you need to make a claim so you are registed as a creditor. Grant Thornton were appoited liqudators at a meeting of creditors held by the Insolvancy Service. For advice speak with:

Grant Thrnton
    30 Finsbury Sq
    London EC2P 2YU

020 7383 5100

Nick Wood and Ian Richardson are the joint Liquidators.

However, call Samantha Locke on 020 7728 2651 or email her samantha.j.locke@gtuk.com for advice on registering a claim.

Agree, we were duped. Not greedy. Conned. The perpertrators must get brought to justice.
    I have lost everything , and have nearly lost my husband from cancer because of the stress that this has caused . I have not received one email of what realy is going to happen . Or is this just another blind and I will never get any money back not even a percentage

Joey123

I have lost everything , and have nearly lost my husband from cancer because of the stress that this has caused . I have not received one email of what realy is going to happen . Or is this just another blind and I will never get any money back not even a percentage
    - Have you contacted Sam Locke at Grant Thornton - it is really easy to speak with her. She will update you. Is your claim registered. Who knows what the outcome will be - but you should make sure you are registered with them as if they do recover funds and make a payout you need to be on the list with a valid claim. An annual update is due soon to all those registered. It has not come out as of yet. If they don;lt know who you are, you will not be included.

Unregistered

- Have you contacted Sam Locke at Grant Thornton - it is really easy to speak with her. She will update you. Is your claim registered. Who knows what the outcome will be - but you should make sure you are registered with them as if they do recover funds and make a payout you need to be on the list with a valid claim. An annual update is due soon to all those registered. It has not come out as of yet. If they don;lt know who you are, you will not be included.
    Yes I filled all the forms out and sent them back .....

Joey123

so you would have received some past update letters to confirm you are registered? all you can do now then is wait for news, like the rest of us if you have no other options such as legal action against solicitors, if you feel there is a case to answer

Joey123

GT advised me yesterday that the update letter, with lots of information on the case, will be sent out in approx 2 weeks.

Unregistered

Has anyone spoken to the Staffordshire Police lately. I do know that this case was referred to The Serious Fraud Office of The Metropolitan Police however there seems to have been no feedback to us. OVP went into liquidation a year and a half ago. Surely it doesnt take that long to set up an investigation. As the days months and years (49 months for me to be exact) go by i feel sick to my stomach that nothing solid has been done to help us or at least keep us informed.
    Is there anything else that we can do??

Joey123

I emailed DC Tim Whitely some weeks back and heard nothing. Try calling him or Andrew Spears and let us all know what you find out please

Joey123

The Grant Thornton update is awaiting partner final approval - the report could be issued late this week of early next week but perhaps up to 2 weeks per Samantha Locke

Unregistered

I drive past Longdon Hall everyday, backwards and forwards to work. Just for information, a sold notice has appeared on the building today.

Who gets the proceeds from that, Michelle?

Good luck to all of you in getting justice.