Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ....a chap call xx xx ............ever heard of him/them??
    That's who I dealt with...............

Very convincing throughout about how great OVP were and how safe our money was... for 3 years or more.....

Joey123

does not look good. I know of this chap's name. Don't have any opinion on the co/person.

Poster below believes that there is potentially recourse against the developer. I suppose it depends if a case can be built to support this. Lawbird (if that's the correct firm) seem to think it might be (I think I read). Register your interest if they think thay can take a case. Anyone who did not use a solicitor to purchase on this site should consider this. I am not sure if they have any other option.

I note the G of M situation. It depends on what evidence there is, I suppose, to make a similar claim. Sungolf say they sold the site as a whole to OVP. So them what do you make of the unsigned contracts. Fraud? Certainly Spain needs to chacge it's laws - contracts should be binding when signed by both parties in my opinion and property exchanged. I would like to know if any lawyers are fighting for that change.

It is interesting how comments can be made ..."the one course of action I am on not bearing fruit...." while not knowing what I am doing and whether I am making progress ... how odd! Anyway, we are all in a mess with this, and with time passing, time will run out for action.

I'm looking forward to the Grant Thornton update letter, which is imminent!

Joey123

in other words - did OVP make these contracts up themselves to make us think we were contracting with Sungolf? If so, that would be fraud. Who the hell knows. Sungolf's lawyers have stated that OVP agreed to purchase the whole site to sell on. OVP said otherwise per the letter from GT. Hopefully, Grant Thornton will find out.

Unregistered

Default New resolution from the courts

Proof that the story that the information published on http://ricardomirandamiret.com/ being an attempt by delinquents to hurt Ricardo Miranda and Punta Perla is true. On http://mirandayasociados.com/ , the latest resolution from the courts removing the arrest and lien placed on the property. The courts only move this quickly when they know they made an error.

Unregistered

Default Life

We dont need anymore life destroying stories on here but my Dad has just died because of the stress this has caused to our family. I personally have had enough of this. Any of you Fuckers want to explain why you didnt return calls, e-mails or recorded letters. If the law cant sort this out mess i will. WW DM HN IW

You know who i am and where i live. Come visit me.

JJ

lucy

I understand that Lee is the brother of Adam who worked for OVP andtook deposits from us on properties at Gardens of Manilva EBCC Dominican Republic and Morrocco. We have been totally robbed! We were also offered the scam of transfering to M Beach and paying Zenith even more cash!

Joey123

JJ,

None of the initials are of the main people behind OVP. The lies of the set up from the main people. The agents were stating what they were told. I doubt if anyone was aware that the EBCC was anything other than what they were told. Maybe WW was a big agent representing OVP. Was he aware EBCC was not as stated??? I am pretty certain the agent I deal with was not.

The main ringleaders are the ones who need to be looked at. However, the people who sold you the property should be answering your calls. There are people above the people you mentioned who took and spent the money we gave them.

Last I heard, Staffordshire Police were waiting for a response from the SFO on whether they would be investigating this matter.

It is CT, XXX and BP that need to refund our money - they were behind this all. The company they represented stole our money. Who authorised/allowed/did this?

They need to be asked what they did with our money - the police have so far not helped - will they do so?

JJ - So sorry to hear of the sad news
    Last edited by ifv; 01-16-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Initials Removed due to libel threat

Unregistered

I agree with the comments that the agents were not the main culprits in the " scam", but they could have been honest to us and informed clients earlier there was a problem. We were unaware the OVP were in trouble until we came across this website,and saw the message left on theirs! I am assuming that our investment to the tune of thousands has gone without much, if any hope, of recovering any of it. Some people may think, we took a risk, and were being greedy for easy money, but that was not the case, they sold it to us as a sound business investment and it seemed very plausable. As yet we have not sought legal advice, as we are not sure if we would be throwing even more of our hard earned cash down a deep hole.
    Some people appear to have registered "something" with Grant Thornton,we have never been contacted by them, can anyone explain how they contact clients of OVP?

Unregistered

Default xxxx xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    both these men have swindled money out of the public xxxx who works with thomas has also taken money of people for propertys that dont exitst his company is call Advantage international properties advantage bulgarian homes shall i go on! a name for all seasons.
    they work together in swindling charities out of millions a year by means of clothing collections! credit card deals you name it they are into it.
    I pity any poor human being who comes into contact with these two men and their cronies were is the justice in this world!!!!!
    I have one of the poor human being who came into contact with (Name removed upon request) . I have been a recent victim on a Bulgarian property scam. Yes, sold apartment that do not exist! Pity I did not do a search on him or I would have found out that he is a fraudster. From what I have read he seems to be doing these cons for a long time now. I can't believe that he has been allowed to get away with these scams for so long.

Since I have been a victim, I have noticed that he has been selling raffle tickets for a bogus charity and he is now operating under Advantage Africa.

Joey123

1) Legal advice - if you have not sought any then you may wish to know some are making claims against a solicitor who was recommended to them by OVP. An option. A bit of reasearch will find some named solicitors acting who you can speak with;

2) When a company goes into liquidation, if you feel you are owed money by it you need to make a claim so you are registed as a creditor. Grant Thornton were appoited liqudators at a meeting of creditors held by the Insolvancy Service. For advice speak with:

Grant Thrnton
    30 Finsbury Sq
    London EC2P 2YU

020 7383 5100

Nick Wood and Ian Richardson are the joint Liquidators.

However, call Samantha Locke on 020 7728 2651 or email her samantha.j.locke@gtuk.com for advice on registering a claim.

Agree, we were duped. Not greedy. Conned. The perpertrators must get brought to justice.