Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

I'm planning a visit to see Colin very soon.

Joey123

unregistered does not mean invisable. perhaps it might be best to surprise him? Please ask him how he can sleep at night and what he is doing to raise money to repay his victims?

Default Oceanview Properties International Limited - In Compulsory Liquidation (the "Company"

Oceanview Properties International Limited - In Compulsory Liquidation (the "Company")

This post has been placed on behalf of Nick Wood and Ian Richardson of Grant Thornton UK LLP, the joint liquidators of the Company ("Joint Liquidators").

• The Joint Liquidators are officers of the High Court and were appointed by the court pursuant to a winding up order dated 9 March 2009. The Joint Liquidators are bound to act in accordance with legislation set out in the Insolvency Act 1986.

• The role of the joint liquidators is to realise assets of the Company. These assets include claims which can be brought by the Joint Liquidators under the powers given to them by the Insolvency Act 1986.

• There is a meeting of creditors being held on 23 October 2009 at the British Library at 1.30pm. At this meeting, creditors will have the opportunity to ask questions relating to the liquidation of the Company. Where the Joint Liquidators can respond i.e the answer would not prejudice their efforts to recover assets, they will attempt to do so.

• A number of recent posts have suggested that links between Mr Adam Sargent, Football First Agency Ltd ("Football First"), and Grant Thornton UK LLP may mean that the Joint Liquidators are not independent.

The Joint Liquidators have investigated this issue, and can confirm that:

Grant Thornton UK LLP have acted as accountants and taxation advisers to Football First for over five years;

The Football First Agency Limited have advised that Mr Sargent has not done any work for or on behalf of Football First for over 18 months;

Prior to that, Mr Sargent was introduced to a number of Football First's clients who then went on to purchase properties from the Company; and

Grant Thornton UK LLP have never had any relationship with Mr Sargent himself, or with any of the Company's board or management.

Accordingly, the Joint Liquidators are satisfied of their independence. To the extent that any creditors have any further queries, these can be answered at the creditors meeting.

• Likewise, the Joint Liquidators are not aware of Grant Thornton UK LLP ever having advised the Company on a potential flotation. Could the person who posted this please contact us by private message and provide further information.

• The Joint Liquidators and their staff have held several meetings and discussions with the Official Receiver's Office, the police, and investors' solicitors to report on the results of investigations into the affairs of the Company, and will continue to do so, as necessary.

Joey123

Default GT meeting 23 October 2009

To those that could not make the meeting:

* Grant Thornton appear to have made good progress,

* Creditors committee consists of some stong and determined characters.

* I generally thought it was good but in terms of recovering our money from the liquidation - I don't think you will- certainly nowhere near your losses.. Consider all options. See earlier good advice. Ignacio at Brethertons solicitors and Maria De Castro seem to most prominent advisors from a legal perspective but there are others. At worst, chat to one of them depending upon your specific circumstances.

* I don't wsh to go into too much details although it is not a secret. Claims are now £50m.

Thanks GT and those on the creditor committee - let's hope you make the progress you hope to in the future and get us some justice.

to re-iterate - GT act for the creditors to recover money and report to the Inolvency Service (Official Receiver). The police conduct their own enquires. Let GT have as much information as you can to help with their case, Ditto re DI Spears at Staffordshire Police.

* I feel independence queries can be safely left as answered now. I did feel there were any doubts here once I had heard what GT had to say at the meeting.

Joey123

message above - last sentence - should have said that "I did NOT feel there were any doubts" over GT's independence

Unregistered

Default Bit of info

I worked for OVP at Longdon for approx 1 year ish. Please just stop for a moment and think about the below:

No person of management level there is without blame, but as someone looking on from the inside i feel it important that you understand not all of the employees were to blame. JKS, CT, BP and MB were your main culprits who couldt have cared less and just wanted the money to keep rolling in so they could continue taking first class flights wherever they needed, have chauffer driven cars and gradually turn into wannabe Alan Sugars minus the brains and decoram.
    The only senior 2 members of staff there that tried to hold it together and be as honest as possible and HELP their clients were SJ and NH. The latter was kicked so hard from the top down he eventually went apparently but whilst SJ was misguided essentially he faught each and every clients corner.
    I hear that each and every dept shrunk and died in the end and MB was holding it together whilst the others went into hiding.

Having probably spoken to one or two of you, I wish you all well and hope to god you get something back. Noone deserved the way they were treated and in hindsight I wish i had done something however like all of you I had bills to pay and needed my job.

Good Luck

Joey123

Default re bit of info

so what's ricardo miranda's involvement here?

Unregistered

Default OVP

what about Adan Sergent?, no mention of him and what he's doing to help?

Joey123

Default the scum

anyone know where they have been and what they are up to now. Any sighting would be good to read about

Unregistered

They are still all working out London Hall, CT still lives in Yoxall, XXX lives rangemoor way near Yoxall, there are earlier postings of there current companies and the local accountants that are looking after their business interests Andrew Groucott (Lives Longdon) of Groucott Moor Lichfield.