Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Default RM

Ted Jeory, the reporter, is a nob. 50% of what he has written to date is either heresay, incorrect or is written in a way that implies things without proof.

As with all sensationalist hacks he twists the words of others and hides behind the quotes of others. The accuracy of his facts and his reporting was clearly illustrated when he had to rescind his article which implicated the prince / King of Monacco in RM / SW wrongdoing and the Express had to print an apology.

Then again, you lot on these forums will believe anything your told or that you read.

Unregistered

Some press details may or may not be right, but any publicity that alerts people to the liars and cheats involved in the property industry, must be a good thing!. For you to say to the decent people on here who have been so badly conned by low life scum ''you lot will believe anything you are told or read'' beggars belief. People are in this dreadful position because at some stage they had to put their trust in an agent/lawyer/developer, and that trust was betrayed in the most cowardly way by those who would stoop to any level to make a fast buck.

Praise for those doing anything that might help those wronged would be far more welcome. If you have the accurate facts that Ted Jeory has missed, let's hear them from you then, and show us to want to help........or do you want to help?

Joey123

Default Ebcc/ovp

Ted Jeory is trying to make a living. He is trying to get stories. WE all know that. Of course it is individual cases that he needs to make his story. I agree with last poster. Get an interview with TJ and let's have a story on how the money was not really supposed to be held in a secure client account and that all letters, statements etc to this effect did not happen or never existed. Whatever happened, when you given the money on the STRICT condition of the money being held pending the obtaining of a build licence/planning permission, and knowingly using this money for whatever you did, be it to fund the operations, vote VERY large dividends on profits not really earnt but manufactured, take out leases on properties you personally own and then spend large sums doing up the properties which ultimately will benefit the property owner etc, etc, you are clearly not holding it in a secure client account. That, my friend, is obtaining money by deception, theft and fraud!! Prove all the EBCC people wrong and give them their money back including the IVA you took when you should not have done!

Unregistered

Default tafedna bay

Has anyone had deposits apparently moved to Tafedna bay from previous developments. that is the situation i am in and would be interested in speaking with people in the same boat to see what action the are taking

Joey123

Default Tefedna Bay

Last poster - can you contact me via the Eye on Spain Website - I am Joey123

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just been told on the grapevine that former OVP representatives who sold us our properties and are keen to resolve our issues are meeting with UNICO in Spain this afternoon and that all clients will be contacted within 2 weeks to try and find a way forward. This may never occur but any hope whether false or not is something. I still genuinely believe that all is not lost, but that continued mud slinging will not do anyone any good. If they are guilty justice will be done. If Tafedna Bay or other similar resorts get built who will buy them if they research some of our comments. Negative publicity at this stage is no good.

JC
    any more information regarding this meeting

Unregistered

Default JC Update

Talked again today about way forward. Main protagonists met last Thursday and another meeting of agents tomorrow afternoon. Believe me i am awaiting outcome of this as much as everyone else. Delaying tactics as always but unlike others i am keeping this line of contact open. When i hear anything, which may be next week i will post outcome. If not i will give phone number of correct people to contact but at present inundating them with calls is not way forward. Honestly still believe we will get out.
    For those of you who believe we should have been given our money back with interest, i agree. We didnt but at least they have not gone away. Do not abuse this post please because i am knee deep in this crap as well and will always post anything i hear whether lies or not.

JC

Unregistered

Default Ted Jeory

I wrote to him a month ago - same letter that went to my MP, Watchdog, You and Yours etc etc and I didn't even get an acknowledgment - let alone a reply. I think his only use is keeping the issue in the public domain - regardless of how accurate his reporting is.

Joey123

Default to JC

JC, No one will blame your for your optimism (desperation). Regretably, I have looked closely at the accounts for the OVPI filed at Companies House to 31/10/06, and the prior year. My conclusion is the money has been spent. In terms of refunds, that must render it not possible. The options they may mention will be the old hat of swapping to another development, which from other people's experience probably will not work as the money does not seem to be there to pass to another developer (and hasn't been according to those who went through this process). An alternative is to "help" you buy a heavily discounted (compared the the original prices at the height of the market) built property elsewhere. Just maybe less then you might be able to negotiate yourself. Your deposit will not be available to off-set the purchase price. Given that, if you want a property in Spain, just buy it yourself at the bargain prices there are to be had, make sure it is built, get a FULL structural survey and only use decent recomended laywers - such as Maria De Castro - see the Eye on Spain forum. But for heavens sake, remember these people are under heavy investigation and let you down in the first place. Proceed with caution! Good luck. Finally, if the directors/OVP are still talking to you, they should not be, report them to the Insolvency Service. OVPI/directors etc. are under investigation and in the company is Liquidation.
    J

Unregistered

Smile To JC

I too have heard that certain parties are trying to resurrect the relationship with RM and get him to sign contracts for those who opted to transfer to the Tafedna Bay site. So there is still a glimmer of hope. If you google Tafedna Bay there is a good deal of info. The only way I could see that I might get my deposit back was this route. Glass half full perhaps but always the optimist!

Tried in vain to get info from L A of conveyancing Spain as to how monies left the client account that she was joint signatory on whilst waiting for occupational license to be granted. There was always a risk because of no bank guarantee until the Occ Lic had been granted but LA assured me that was why she was joint signatory on the account to protect my deposit. The money could not go anywhere without her signature so there's a starting place for the crime squad. Also, I was told that OV had criminal activity insurance -never saw the certifcate though but again if it is found and fraud has occured could we claim redress from the insurer perhaps?

I also bought on G of M and EBCC thinking I would reduce the risk with different developers.
    The former looks like a concentration camp so I doubt I'll be taking any bookings for a while. Any takers? Property not built yet though as developer run out of funds and blaming O/View. Still at least I still have the glossy brochure to treasure with the beautiful pictures of what could have been. The dangers of buying off-plan I guess!
    Still waiting to see what Town Hall say as they won't want to see a site unfinished. Bank guarantee was a sham so no redress there for developer breaching contract. Only hope is that the developer's lender is obliged to take it over to get their money back and subrogate the mortgages to distressed buyers. Again the bank would have to make the site good as nobody would buy. Perhaps the G of M Country club will look like the O/V glossy brochure after all. Just can't kick the optimism out of me!

I will continue to find solutions only in getting back all monies owed to me and help as many other people when I find out more stuff. I really sympathise with everyone.
    I know its hard when we have lost so much money but lets just try and stay positive.

Take care all, The Optimist