Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do Lawbird offer a no win no fee arrangement like some of the other solicitors?
    We are currently not offering this type of legal fee arrangement, strictly speaking. However, we are only requesting a fraction of the statutory fee upfront, the balance to be paid on success.
    Antonio Flores
    Abogado/Lawyer
    Lawbird Legal Services | Contact Me
    Instagram | Read my Blog

Unregistered

Thank you for a quick response. Should the case not be successful how much would the costs be? We have been left in a terrible financial following our purchase of Estepona so incurring high costs is something that we can't really afford.

Unregistered

It would appear that most investors in the UK have given up the fight. Don't give up in fighting for what has been stolen from you. We are in the same situation, not endless funds to fight these criminals but we are constantly looking into new ways of highlighting the crime that has been committed. Contact the press, bombard your MP with emails/letters. This story needs more publicity. Keep fighting and hopefully our money can be returned and Colin Thomas & Ricardo Miranda get the time inside that they deserve! There is too much at stake to just accept this crime!

Unregistered

how can I connect with the last poster to see what we can do?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    how can I connect with the last poster to see what we can do?
    Neither of you are registered, so perhaps you can leave your contact details (e.g. phone number or email address), and wait to see if this person wishes to get in touch with you. Regarding email address, please use some sort of obfuscation to avoid email harvesters and spam (e.g. email at [example] dot com)

Unregistered

Default Grant Thornton

So what is the official, up to date, view from Grant thornton? Any one know?

Unregistered

The truth is OVP as an agent or developer had a duty of care to all their investors, to do extensive due diligence on all projects they sold and the companies and individuals associated, greed replaced intelligence.

It is not difficult to check whether the person claiming they own the land and or development actually does! OVP and all associated knew what they were doing from day one, they committed large scale fraud diverting funds to a offshore trust held in Gibraltar, all information already passed to Staffordshire Police, evidently gone no further?

CT although declared Bankrupt is by no means not, he orchestrated a fraud on a massive scale, you do not lose £14 million taken illegally from your insolvent company, how can they blame Miranda when they should have checked him out vigorously in the first place?

Unregistered

Default Regulatory Legal Solicitors

If you were sold this product via a financial adviser regulated by the Financial Services Authority. We would be keen to speak with you. We have experience in property collapses of this kind ( http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-advi...ailure/a607994 ) and we will be best placed to assist.

Happy to work on a no-win/no-fee agreement, however in the first instance, please e-mail Michael Cotter (lawyer) with a narrative and background of your situation.

Michael Cotter
    Regulatory Legal Solicitors

michael.cotter@regulatorylegal.co.uk

Unregistered

Default Grant Thornton Report

Blimely, lots of money missing in the (final?) report from GT. Massive claims on several OVP people - very little returned. c£26m of claims settled for c£500k??? Not a very satisfactory position. Now free to get on with their lives. Nice! Pension pots given up? Has anyone seen a statement of where the actual money went, rather than monies realised to offset liquidators fee? Very concerned about the justice here. I need to think this through. Can anyone explain? Was it just spent on running OVP and directors etc lifestyles? How can money not belonging to them be spent?

Unregistered

Yes I too need to read this report again and try and get some advice from someone who understands this kind of thing.

Did I read correctly that Grant Thornton have so far charged 1 million for their work???

I think the whole things has been shocking, especially the way it has been handled here in the UK.
    I just hope they get exactly what they deserve through the Spanish Court case being lead by Antonio Flores. I'm confident that they will!