Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Born in Spain , want to obtain nationality

Question Born in Spain , want to obtain nationality

Hi
    I also have a similar situation like the post made by the guest on 15/10/2008 on this forum .
    I was born to indian parents and they were in madrid with workpermit. I have my birth certificate issued by spanish authorities. So does the same rule apply for me also? I have also heard that if i want to apply for spanish nationality , i will have to stay in spain for atleast one year. So how do i start this process? How do i get the visa to go to spain ? If i have to survive in spain i will need to work , so do i also get a workpermit for this period of one year?
    I hope someone here can help me with the reply.

Thanks & Regards
    Sudip Mukherjee

Hi Sudip

Yes, this is correct. As you were born in Spain, you will be able to opt for Spanish citizenship after having resided legally in Spain for one year. In order to initiate the procedure you will need to request a residence permit, not a visa. If you would like more information on the different types of residence and work permits avaible and advice on which one would be most suitable for you, please feel free to contact me. I will be very happy to assist you.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Hi Marta
    How do I contact you. I cannot send any PM to you. I donot have your email address. The link you have given goes to the contact section of lawbird.com
    I have send a message from that section of lawbird.com with "Attn : Marta".
    Anyway , I will be very much happy to receive your help. I think I should apply for a work and residence permit as i need to work while i am in spain for one year. Can you please tell me how do i start the process? I read in some sites that work and residence permit is only issued when i have been employed by any spanish business.
    I hope to receive your help soon.

Thanks & Regards
    Sudip Mukherjee

Hi Sudip! Thanks for your e-mail. I have now replied.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile