Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Is Windram Miller from Fernando Advocaten and Abogados a registered lawyer in Spain?

Steven

Default Is Windram Miller from Fernando Advocaten and Abogados a registered lawyer in Spain?

I recieved a letter 3 weeks ago saying i was intitled to a inheritence. The lawyers name is windram miller who works at fernando advocaten and abogados. Is there such a law ferm over in spain. They gave us there web site but do not no if it lagitimate. I would just like to know if this is a real law ferm. also is there such thing as an inheritance tax. regards steven adams

Dear Steven,

Many queries!

Windram Miller is a legitimate law firm located in Marbella, not a lawyer, to the best of my knowledge.

Regarding the other "law firm" you mention, Fernando Advocaten and Abogados, we had already included them in our list of bogus or fake Spanish law firms. No such law firm exists.

Please read the following article on scammers passing themselves off as legitimate Spanish lawyers and Spanish law firms:

Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms - 13th March 2009

Please distrust anyone contacting you through a cold call asking for money upfront. Lawyers never do this. How did they get your contact details? Ask them for their registered number to practice law and to what Bar Association they belong to in Spain. Only registered lawyers can address themselves as lawyers and give legal advice.

Regarding Inheritance tax, I'm afraid it does exist, yes. On you inheriting assets in Spain you will be liable for it. Please read my article on the matter:

Spanish Inheritance Tax: Advantages of Making a Will in Spain - 3rd September 2009

If you have further queries, just let me know.

Yours faithfully,
    Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt

Ernest

Hello. For a time back then I got a letter from a lawyer Gomez Villares from Fernandolegal and abogados in Madrid, the gjalt a legacy of $ 8.8 million, and everything has now been approved and I have all the cardboard Irishmen in this matter but then disappeared from the company network together with patran Hispana, which also is involved here, I was in spain and got to see Saif and took a sedel and went to bankaja and checked sedelen and it was genuine. are the companies here real or is it a scam with the picture, I wonder this when I have paid some one thousand auro in this case. can you help me with an answer thank you for so long.

Dear Sir,

As per the reply above, this law firm ("Fernandolegal and abogados in Madrid") is non-existent. They are just conmen.

Do not send them any further funds.

Please read the following:

Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms - 13th March 2009

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 10-30-2009 at 01:21 PM.