I have now been told by the developer that he has obtained the LoFO and as far as he is concerned he has filled his obligation and he does not want to refund the deposit rather he wants me to complete.

My questions are:

Why does the Cancellation of the contract NOT automatically come into force and the Bank pays up against the Guarantee already in place? Surely the once the contract has been breached - the other party in this case the builder - the Bank should honour the Guarantee!

Why does the Spanish justice system allows this sort of clear cut cases to drag on and have the buyer go to more expenses and instigate litigation?

Why the legal ethics in Spain has have gone out of the window?

Why does the Lawyers do not fight for the rights of the party who has been wronged?

I know only the problems get aired. That’s because there are just too many problems. I very much hope that my problem gets sorted and that I give you my word that I will the first one to commend the Lawyers on this forum who are now handling my case.

Here is wishing for the justice to be done and my restoration in Spain and its Legal system. So that I can resume my holidays to Spain and eventually buy the property that I really want rather than the one that I was pushed into and now in trouble!

Thank you for letting me use the space on your Forum to air my views.