Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Barking Dogs

Unregistered

Default Barking Dogs

What is the law on barking dogs in Spain. There is a car showroom nearby that leaves two large and incessantly barking dogs without supervision running free in their car park all night every night and all weekend. I am going crazy and can't sleep.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would need to know in which province in Spain you are located. There are different laws for each region besides national laws.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default barking dogs

I love Spain and the Spanish and we have wonderful neighbours, but recently an addition to the household has moved a pack of dogs very close to our house and it has created an unpleasant smell but worse they bark all night thus setting off other dogs. I am not getting any sleep and my health is susffering --what can be done if talking to them fails to solve the problem --Galicia Spain

Hello,

In the event that you are unable to come to an agreement with the owner of the dogs, or that he fails to collaborate after you have informed him/her of the consequences on your health due to his/her dogs barking, you are protected by law and within your rights to notify the authorities.

Any activity that is considered annoying, unhealthy or dangerous can be reported , so in this case, you are able to take legal action against the owner of the dogs. According to law the owner would be imposed a prohibition.

I suggest you read this blog related to the matter that is quite interesting: http://belegal.com/blog-by-antonio-f...altese-bichon/

Regards,
    Last edited by Patricia; 02-01-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile