Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: amnesty

Unregistered

Default amnesty

im from the philippines and been living in spain illegally for almost a year now. i heard that there will be another amnesty in the following year or two. my question is what are the requirements in order to avail of the amnesty and another thing is i dont have any legal documents ( such as passport, police clearance, social security ID, etc.) with me, since i left it all to my previous employer... i need legal advice on what to do in order for me to legalize and iron things up with regards to my documents... thanks and god bless...

Personally I don't think that there will be another amnesty in many years to go. If by amnesty you mean a regulatory process such as the one that took place in Spain in 2005. The requirements are many, being very difficult to list them all here, but the main ones would be: being registered in your nearest town hall ( empadronado) and to have a work contract at the time of this process. You will definitely need your passport as well as documentation which proves that you have clean medical and police records in your home country.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile