Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: European Mediation

Default IAP Global going strong?

I was a member of Instant Access, and have been approached by European Mediators. No mention of up front fees ...yet. But just today I was told by a certain Olivia de Costa that Instant Access, IAP (a new incarnation) and Jim Moore were owing many millions of pounds, were wanted by Inland Revenue, and had defrauded many people. I have just received an email of an IAP Global newsletter, ( you can google IAP Global ) mentioning Jim Moore, Instant Access etc etc, as if nothings wrong!!!

Any ideas?

Default Irish investors

European Mediation have called me also and mentioned that they have a lot of Irish investors on their list.

I suggested that they should arrange a meeting in Dublin with an Irish solicitor
    present to show credibility and to allow us to discuss face to face in open forum.

Would anyone else be willing to attend a Dublin meeting?

Richard /

Question European Midiation Limited (EML)

I spoke with Jessica Walker from EML yesterday. I quizzed her about the company and yes she got a little defensive. I also requested a 'proposal' from them i.e. what I get for my 10% upfront fee, but was only offered a 'process' document - not really what I had in mind!

She also referred me to The Sun newspaper of last week by way of a reference - I didn't waste my time.

She did however point me at the following website which appears to be the European Commission website and gives details of the European Compensation fund or 'Compensation to crime victims' as it is referred to //ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/comp_crime_victim/comp_crime_victim_gen_en.htm

It would appear to be a member state funded plan (click on 'UK' on the right to see further details) and from an initial glance would appear that you can do it yourself and legal aid could be available.

On EML as a company, interestingly the address on the website and the address to which the domain name is registered is actually a semi-detached leasehold property on a residential estate in Rochdale bought for £118k in June '04. Is this the profile of a high flying hot shot with a proven track record or perhaps a rental property?

The Manchester address seems OK but is occupied by a number of businesses (including a off plan property business selling in units in Portugal - could not find any other connection - but interesting)

As a note their website lists J C Bufete; C/. San Rafael 32-A; Edificio Juan Pablo II; 2a Piso, Oficina 5-6 as their legal team

Now I guess the key questions are:
    - Have we been victims of a crime? I anticipate this has to be in the eyes of a court so has Mr Moore actually been done for mis-selling?
    - Is this 'Compensation to crime victims' program intended for these sorts of instances?
    - Are EML actually going to leverage this process to its max or just take your money and make a half hearted attempt and then come back in 6 months with a "Sorry, we lost the claim" or just disappear altogether?
    - are there other organisation with a track record out there?

Lawbird and everyone - would appreciate your comments

Dear Sir,

Following you own link:http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/com...tim_gen_en.htm

I quote:

How can you obtain compensation for the injuries and losses suffered as a result of a crime committed against you?

To become the victim of a crime is one of the most negative experiences imaginable. A victim can suffer severe physical injuries as well as severe mental stress and psychological problems, for a long period of time, as a result of the crime. The victim may have to bear the costs for medical treatment and long-term hospitalisation, and may lose income due to an incapacity to continue working. The victim may feel that his or her personal integrity has been violated, suffer long-term anxiety for moving around in public, and feel a generally reduced enjoyment of life.

Clearly it is referring only to cases in which a physical assault/injury has been sustained and or else any mental hardship has been endured.

What has that got to do with failed investments in IAP and Fortunaland et al? Nothing.

We have nothing further to add to our prior posts on this UK company. It is up to the reader to make up his own mind on this matter and for the UK Authorities to take action, if appropriate.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln,
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 12-16-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Default European Mediation Limited

I am an IAP member (or was) and I too was contacted out of the blue from EML. A Mrs McNally has offered to fully refund our membership fees through the same process everyone here has been offered. I would like to thank people for voicing this scam and in particular Lawbird for offering up the facts.

We were interested but nervous of this not being legit which is when I started searching on the web. I feel sorry for people who maybe aren't so clued up on the internet and may now be losing even more money. Something should be done.

Luckily, we never bought from IAP but it still cost us £10,000 to become a 'member'.

Thanks for the feedback Lawbird.

Wish I was clever.

Default Any lingering doubts that this is a scam?

I posted yesterday, and today looked at the EM website. If you have any doubts that this is a total scam, please note the following.

For me personally, I would prefer my legal representatives, if they are competent, to at least check the spelling of words they would surely be familiar with........ (This taken directly from their home page)...

"European Mediation is a mediation company that liases between multiple clients and lawyers to persue compensation for fraud victims. We are not a brokerage house, no-one from European Mediation will offer to buy, trade or switch any investment you have.."

In case you didn't spot them, "liases" should be spelt "liaises" and "persue" should be "pursue", small points perhaps, but proof for me that these are legal representatives I would not want to work for me.

(Unless they go for no money up front and "no win, no fee")

Thumbs down European Mediation Company

There is no European Fund for victims of fraud.

The European Commission website shows that all member states must have a national scheme in place (ref. new EU legislation adopted 29 April 2004). If you read on you can find that this only applies to violent crime i.e. 'a physical attack on the person, a wounding or a sexual offence'.

The European Mediation co. are quoting 'section 706/14' on the European Commission civil justice section of the website. This refers you to the information and small print above.

Default I'm in no doubt this is a scam.

Amusingly Jessica Walker called me again yesterday and after having a polite go at her she threatened to shred my file if I didn’t take up their offer before Friday.

I hope it’s a big cross cutter!

Thanks all for saving my dosh.

Exclamation European Mediation

To All,

I too have been contacted by EML and am a member of IAP. I lost a significant amount due to property investment through Inside Track / Access thanks to Jim Moore and his cronies, but that is another story.

I was contacted by Samantha Charles 'senior advisor' from EML and gave her verbal details of the properties purchased through IAP. One was in Spain, but it was a different development to the ones mentioned before (Arenal Golf, Benalmadena). I also purchased two other properties in Leeds and Florida. However SAmantha phoned me within 24 hrs and said I was eligible for £120k compensation through the european courts, despite her not having seen not one piece of documentation, which made me more than a little suspicious. However I ran with it and she dropped her initial request from 10% up front to 5%. After several weeks she has said the EML 'lawyers' will accept any payment by credit card to 'start the process'

I had done a bit of research over the web, and had no intention of persuing this, then I found this blog, which has fully confirmed my suspicions. When I asked for details of EML and details of other clients cases where they had been successful they declined, although I didn't expect to to get any. I was also concrned that being a law firm that they only communicated by mobile and e-mails that looked like had been writted by a 5 year old, with no headed paper.

Obvoiusly I am in a similar position to other IAP Members who have lost money and do not wish to throw more good money after bad, but should ther not be a legal process which can expose scams and fraudsters like these operating in the open market??